Are you discouraged by the lack of reform contained in the health care bill?

Are you discouraged by the lack reform in the health care bill for whatever re

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

• Indifferent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The one thing on which everyone in Congress agrees is that health care reform is necessary.
Are you mental?

Healthcare Proposals
Would you favor or oppose a healthcare bill that…

Support....Oppose....No answer/Don't know................

Provides tax breaks to small
businesses to make

healthcare coverage for the
workers more
affordable?
90................7...........................3....................................

Requires healthcare insurance companies to offer
coverage to anyone who applies, even if they have a
pre-existing health condition?

80...............14...........................6...................................

Time/Abt SRBI Poll: Most Americans Eager for Healthcare Reform

THE POLITICS: Health care costs have been increasing. For Americans and the businesses that insure most of them, that translates into higher insurance premiums. The average premium cost for employer-provided insurance has doubled since 2000.

These days, coverage for an individual with employer-provided insurance costs on average $4,824 a year, with the employee paying $779 of that amount, according to a 2009 survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation and Health Research and Educational Trust. For a family plan, the premium is $13,375 with the employee paying $3,515.

Under current law, the Congressional Budget Office estimates that in 2016 average premiums for employer-based insurance will rise to about $7,500 for a single policy and about $19,000 for a family policy.

The one thing on which everyone in Congress agrees is that health care reform is necessary.
Are you mental?

Healthcare Proposals
Would you favor or oppose a healthcare bill that…

Support....Oppose....No answer/Don't know................

Provides tax breaks to small
businesses to make

healthcare coverage for the
workers more
affordable?
90................7...........................3....................................

Requires healthcare insurance companies to offer
coverage to anyone who applies, even if they have a
pre-existing health condition?

80...............14...........................6...................................

Clearly this shows you how they could pass it. Correct?

Wonder why they can't? Oh, could it be the other massive bunch of costly nonsense they had to tack on?

Also, one dirty little secret of all this is, Medicare rejects more people than private insurers do...

Clearly this shows you how they could pass it. Correct?

Wonder why they can't? Oh, could it be the other massive bunch of costly nonsense they had to tack on?

Exactly.

Plus one major goal of health care was reducing costs.

That goal has not been met in the current bill.

Last edited:
Anyone who is under the mistaken impression that this bill is healthcare reform is in for a very big surprise. From the left, none of the issues, save for the pre-existing conditions issue are in the bill and as for coverge for all, thats out. If you want to address covering many people as use the medicaid part of the bill understand that those in medicaid will not have quailty care, so the quaility care part is also out. Further, this bill will NOT lower premiums in fact it will raise them almost immediatly for 71 million poeple and eventually 80% of Americans who are in private health insurance will see a rise of 10 to 13% in premiums. As for the Insurance company villan argument that is a straw man argument because regardless of how you funnel people in to a public healthcare plan they will be managed by a PRIVATE healthcare insurer. The mandates will force people to purcahse PRIVATE health Insurance so again anyone who was under the mistaken impression that this was bill ever was going to reform healthcare insurance was sadly mistaken. I'm sure that many are aware that Govt insurance does not mean run by the Govt. or at least I hope so.

Anyone who is under the mistaken impression that this bill is healthcare reform is in for a very big surprise. From the left, none of the issues, save for the pre-existing conditions issue are in the bill and as for coverge for all, thats out. If you want to address covering many people as use the medicaid part of the bill understand that those in medicaid will not have quailty care, so the quaility care part is also out. Further, this bill will NOT lower premiums in fact it will raise them almost immediatly for 71 million poeple and eventually 80% of Americans who are in private health insurance will see a rise of 10 to 13% in premiums. As for the Insurance company villan argument that is a straw man argument because regardless of how you funnel people in to a public healthcare plan they will be managed by a PRIVATE healthcare insurer. The mandates will force people to purcahse PRIVATE health Insurance so again anyone who was under the mistaken impression that this was bill ever was going to reform healthcare insurance was sadly mistaken. I'm sure that many are aware that Govt insurance does not mean run by the Govt. or at least I hope so.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...ined-in-the-health-care-bill.html#post1813692

WTF does the US Gov't have any business doing selling health insurance? For christssakes, first they take over the Banking industry (via the FED) and completely screw it up, then they want me to believe they can improve my health insurance costs?

Everything they've touched is BANKRUPT. Except their pension and health insurance plans of course.

True, US Mail, AmTrak......why?

Because when the government becomes a business, they don't need to make a profit.

Hell, they don't even need to break even!!

All they need to do is print more money!!!

I attended a party in DC filled with beaurocrats. All they could talk about was how they could spend ALL their budget so they could justify a LARGER budget the next year. At the time, I was working my ass off for a private company and being paid commisions based on individual sales profits.

These guys made me SICK.

WTF does the US Gov't have any business doing selling health insurance? For christssakes, first they take over the Banking industry (via the FED) and completely screw it up, then they want me to believe they can improve my health insurance costs?
Everything they've touched is BANKRUPT. Except their pension and health insurance plans of course.

Because when the government becomes a business, they don't need to make a profit.

I attended a party in DC filled with beaurocrats. All they could talk about was how they could spend ALL their budget so they could justify a LARGER budget the next year. At the time, I was working my ass off for a private company and being paid commisions based on individual sales profits.

These guys made me SICK.

I had a very similar blue collar experience with MO-DOT (Missouri Dept. of Trans).

Before the end of the fiscal year, if they had any money remaining in their budget they would break the handles off every tool and use the remaining money to replace them...to be sure their budget was expanded for the subsequent year.

These guys made me SICK.

I had a very similar blue collar experience with MO-DOT (Missouri Dept. of Trans).

Before the end of the fiscal year, if they had any money remaining in their budget they would break the handles off every tool and use the remaining money to replace them...to be sure their budget was expanded for the subsequent year.

Old military tactics.

These guys made me SICK.

Well, if we take this as anagolous to US Health Insurance

:eusa_think:

Then I wonder what body part the US Heath Isurance Beaurocrats will be breaking off of citizens to insure their buget is expanded year after year........

:eek:

I predict this is going to be a BIG Issue for white males.

It was never about healthcare, as has now been proved. It has always been about control. Yet again, we find that the people who swear to defend the Constitution not only do not take that oath seriously, they don't even know what's in the fucking document.

Neither do you.

Its a very liberal document and if you understood it, you would understand that healthcare reform is our governments responsibility.

Its like the bible. You may have read it but that doesn't mean you get it. You have a right wing spin on the constitution???

And we lost. The Healthcare giants won. They have the control. Corporations won, again! Happy?

From what you said in the bold print above, you have no idea what the Constitution says and means. As far as responsibility goes, it is YOUR responsibility to pay and mantain your health, not the government's.

It was never about healthcare, as has now been proved. It has always been about control. Yet again, we find that the people who swear to defend the Constitution not only do not take that oath seriously, they don't even know what's in the fucking document.

Neither do you.

Its a very liberal document and if you understood it, you would understand that healthcare reform is our governments responsibility.

Its like the bible. You may have read it but that doesn't mean you get it. You have a right wing spin on the constitution???

And we lost. The Healthcare giants won. They have the control. Corporations won, again! Happy?

I understand that the framers of said document were adequately aware of the need for health care, since Ben Franklin was one of them and he was responsible for the first public hospital in the country. I understand that they did not include one word about government responsibility to care for the health of each and every American.

It is our congresscritters - and, apparently, the koolaid liberals - who appear unable to comprehend the original 4 whole pages that founded this nation.

If you think this is a victory for the healthcare industry, then you're an even bigger idiot than you appear to be. Who won? The government - all they want is control - they don't actually care what is in the bill. If they did, they would have fought for the original principles, not sold it for votes. The democrats have the fucking majority.

Great post. Unfortunately some on this board can't see beyond their partisanship. I have been saying all along that this is nothing more than a power grab for the politicians. If the Reps were in the majority and trying to take over this percentage of our economy, I would have the same reaction.

Both sides are equally as bad. It is just that you get to see the party in power more.

Demonizing the health insurance industry seemed to work on some of the posters. Not that I don't agree that there needs to be an overhaul, just not one by the govt.

The far left is most clearly seen from the mouth of Howard Dean. Dean is not happy about the health care bill right now. No elimination of the don't ask, don't tell policy. No timetable to get out of Iraq. A troop surge in Afghanistan. Obama really picked these people's pockets clean. The funniest part is they defend him like rabid dogs to this day.

The far left is most clearly seen from the mouth of Howard Dean. Dean is not happy about the health care bill right now. No elimination of the don't ask, don't tell policy. No timetable to get out of Iraq. A troop surge in Afghanistan. Obama really picked these people's pockets clean. The funniest part is they defend him like rabid dogs to this day.
Dean is just racist. He hates a black President in the WH.:eusa_whistle:

Discouraged? More like disgusted . . . . . by government. Seems like we, the people, will always get the shaft. We're Mack and they're Yertle.

Mack's on the very bottom.
6a01156f4ae097970b011572438ff0970b-.jpg

Yertle
yertle_or_snake.jpg

Rational decisions from Obamacare:

If you are young and without health concerns and the cost of insurance goes up, you choose the tax penalty. $750 per year is way cheaper than a policy you don't think you will use. Just wait until you need it and the insurance company has to take you anyways.

If you are middle aged. You will have insurance, but the high costs will force you take huge deductables. Your employer will shift much of the increases onto you or shift your coverage over to a government plan if available.

If you are old, you will have long waits for service and some types of care will not be available to you or at an additional cost.

The good news is, no one gets what they want, except Washington DC.

Forum List

Back