Are you discouraged by the lack of reform contained in the health care bill?

Are you discouraged by the lack reform in the health care bill for whatever re

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

• Indifferent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Are you discouraged by the lack of reform contained in the health care bill for whatever reason?

Last edited:
It is ashame how many small minded conservative politicians work for the insurance companies and not the american people..

It is pretty much what I expected and predicted. It is dissapointing though.

Its better than nothing, and we can push through reform in pieces. No chance of sweeping real reform. But the Dems will reign in the healthcare insurance providers. More so than if the GOP were in charge.

But I agree, it is lame and disappointing. But hey, its only year one. Lots more bills to pass.

It was never about healthcare, as has now been proved. It has always been about control. Yet again, we find that the people who swear to defend the Constitution not only do not take that oath seriously, they don't even know what's in the fucking document.

It was never about healthcare, as has now been proved. It has always been about control. Yet again, we find that the people who swear to defend the Constitution not only do not take that oath seriously, they don't even know what's in the fucking document.

Neither do you.

Its a very liberal document and if you understood it, you would understand that healthcare reform is our governments responsibility.

Its like the bible. You may have read it but that doesn't mean you get it. You have a right wing spin on the constitution???

And we lost. The Healthcare giants won. They have the control. Corporations won, again! Happy?

Yea, it was never about healthcare. It was never about healthcare companies denying coverage, or not covering pre existing conditions, or price gouging, or the millions who have lost their health insurance, or the fact that they campaigned on healthcare reform because WE TOLD THEM we want healthcare reform.

It was never about the costs going up 191% in 6 years. Nah! That didn't hurt anyone. That was ok. Just like $4 gas was ok. It crashed our economy. Well, we spend too much of our GDP on healthcare. Arguing with righties is futile because they blow off all our facts and just continue to spew their nonsense.

The politicians didn't decide to take on the healthcare industry, we told them to. And now the minority party, liberman, the lobbyists and the media put a squash on real reform. Happy?

Neither do you.

Its a very liberal document and if you understood it, you would understand that healthcare reform is our governments responsibility.

Its like the bible. You may have read it but that doesn't mean you get it. You have a right wing spin on the constitution???

And we lost. The Healthcare giants won. They have the control. Corporations won, again! Happy?

I understand that the framers of said document were adequately aware of the need for health care, since Ben Franklin was one of them and he was responsible for the first public hospital in the country. I understand that they did not include one word about government responsibility to care for the health of each and every American.

It is our congresscritters - and, apparently, the koolaid liberals - who appear unable to comprehend the original 4 whole pages that founded this nation.

If you think this is a victory for the healthcare industry, then you're an even bigger idiot than you appear to be. Who won? The government - all they want is control - they don't actually care what is in the bill. If they did, they would have fought for the original principles, not sold it for votes. The democrats have the fucking majority.

Discouraged?

I'm discouraged that there is government involvement in health care at all.

Yep, just end Medicare, Medicaid, CHIPS, VA Medical care, FDA, CDC, etc.
And close all county health departments.

And above all if someone comes into an emergency room with no insurance do not pay for their care with government money.

Last edited:

Discouraged?

I'm discouraged that there is government involvement in health care at all.

Yep, just end Medicare, Medicaid, CHIPS, VA Medical care, FDA, CDC, etc.
And close all county health departments.

And above all if someone comes into an emergency room with no insurance do not pay for their care with government money.

Uh... VA and military medical care, much like the medical care of other federal employees and retirees, is an employment benefit... not quite the same as entitlement programs with forced participation... also try and realize that 'county' government is a bit different than the federal government

but nice try... you really have the winger points down

Lack of reform???

The whole idea of government run healthcare is a nightmare. And the way it's being handled is yet another nightmare. Where is all the transparency behind all the closed door, Dems only meetings? If this thing has to be done in secrecy it can't possibly be any good for anyone. Two thousand pages that no one knows anything about or Congressmen fail/refuse to be read carefully needs to be put in the garbage. I recommend page limits and plain English in these damned bills.

Lack of reform???

The whole idea of government run healthcare is a nightmare. And the way it's being handled is yet another nightmare. Where is all the transparency behind all the closed door, Dems only meetings? If this thing has to be done in secrecy it can't possibly be any good for anyone. Two thousand pages that no one knows anything about or Congressmen fail/refuse to be read carefully needs to be put in the garbage. I recommend page limits and plain English in these damned bills.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

WTF does the US Gov't have any business doing selling health insurance? For christssakes, first they take over the Banking industry (via the FED) and completely screw it up, then they want me to believe they can improve my health insurance costs?

How Fucking Stupid Are They (WE?)????

Lack of reform???

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

WTF does the US Gov't have any business doing selling health insurance? For christssakes, first they take over the Banking industry (via the FED) and completely screw it up, then they want me to believe they can improve my health insurance costs?

How Fucking Stupid Are They (WE?)????

Pretty f'ing stupit it appears, based on our actions in recent history.

REFORM???? Are you SERIOUS??? This has nothing to do with reform. This is a blatant attempt to gain control of YOU as well as 1/6 of the U.S. econmy. Their only hope now is to get ANYTHING passed so they can get a foothold. But it ain't looking good. A majority of Americans want NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

But.. the bright side... the liberal Dems have sealed their fate.. they're outta there in 2010.

Everything they've touched is BANKRUPT. Except their pension and health insurance plans of course.

Couldn't agree more. Control and the foot in the door is what this is all about.

The fact that the first thing the Clowns did was to exempt themselves from this supposedly primo plan they are trying to ram down the our throats says it all for me. Reform is one thing but a Govt takeover is a whole other animal. No thanks

The one thing on which everyone in Congress agrees is that health care reform is necessary.

Are you discouraged by the lack of reform contained in the health care bill for whatever reason?
This Senate bill isn't what we will finally have. After it's done, Congress will do reconciliation with the House bill, and attach it all to either an omnibus spending bill, or a military appropriations bill. And it WILL have the public option, medicare cuts, everything else. And it will pass.

They will do it all by fiat. Don't get lulled into thinking they're giving up. Far from it.

Forum List

Back