"Are You Calling Me A Liar?"

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
Recently I decided to see what I could get away with in this age of store clerks being schooled to avoid customer conflict at almost any cost. Since there are so many people ready to SNAP at the least provocation, I decided to pose as one. So today I took back some BP meds I didn't like to Wally World. I would not only pick up my new script but try to get my money back on the others. Pharmacies don't take back partial prescriptions....I had 25 of the 30 pills left. Who knows what I might have done to them, but of course I hadn't. The first clerk sneered at me so I asked for the manager. When he came out, I told him I'd seen Walmart's return policy online and it said I could return them for a refund. He politely said no it didn't. So I leaned in close to him and with my well-honed psycho look said in a booming voice: "ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?" He froze.
lol.gif

Then he started mumbling about not saying that at all and I was mistaken. I kept staring at him. Then he offered me a "gift card". I kept staring and added a little facial twitch in mock-rage. He pivoted away, went behind the counter where they put their pills in little bottles and spoke to the first clerk who'd sneered at me. Then he came back around and whispered something to the cashier. She handed me my new pills, and refunded the difference on my old ones. Then I gave him a big normal smile and he knew he'd been had and shook his finger at me. Try it...practice your psycho look until it's truly scary...something like this:

jack-elam_112549.jpg

Last edited:
Recently I decided to see what I could get away with in this age of store clerks being schooled to avoid customer conflict at almost any cost. Since there are so many people ready to SNAP at the least provocation, I decided to pose as one. So today I took back some BP meds I didn't like to Wally World. I would not only pick up my new script but try to get my money back on the others. Pharmacies don't take back partial prescriptions....I had 25 of the 30 pills left. Who knows what I might have done to them, but of course I hadn't. The first clerk sneered at me so I asked for the manager. When he came out, I told him I'd seen Walmart's return policy online and it said I could return them for a refund. He politely said no it didn't. So I leaned in close to him and with my well-honed psycho look said in a booming voice: "ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?" He froze.
lol.gif

Then he started mumbling about not saying that at all and I was mistaken. I kept staring at him. Then he offered me a "gift card". I kept staring and added a little facial twitch in mock-rage. He pivoted away, went behind the counter where they put their pills in little bottles and spoke to the first clerk who'd sneered at me. Then he came back around and whispered something to the cashier. She handed me my new pills, and refunded the difference on my old ones. Then I gave him a big normal smile and he knew he'd been had and shook his finger at me. Try it...practice your psycho look until it's truly scary...something like this:

jack-elam_112549.jpg

Need a glass eye to really pull off that effect

lol.gif

This does not belong in Announcements and Feedback. Please create threads in the appropriate forum

If you are black and start acting crazy, they will call the cops and they will shoot you, or someone with a CCL will think something is going down and shoot you, or maybe even the store employee will have a gun and shoot you.
Then don't act "crazy"

lol.gif

jack-elam_112549.jpg

what a full life you must lead

boob

lol.gif

jack-elam_112549.jpg

Jack Elam was one of the best character actors of all time...

If you are black and start acting crazy, they will call the cops and they will shoot you, or someone with a CCL will think something is going down and shoot you, or maybe even the store employee will have a gun and shoot you.
Then don't act "crazy"

That is what I am saying, if you act crazy and you are black, chances are very good that someone will shoot you.

Tom Horn (the OP) is the one that suggested acting like a psycho to get what you want at a store, and someone else said that wouldn't work if you were black.

Do try to keep up.

lol.gif

jack-elam_112549.jpg

Would you want somebody acting like you did doing that to your wife or daughter? Or anybody else for that matter? Wasn't funny. Wasn't helpful either.

That is what I am saying, if you act crazy and you are black, chances are very good that someone will shoot you.
Tom Horn (the OP) is the one that suggested acting like a psycho to get what you want at a store, and someone else said that wouldn't work if you were black.
OH, like what happened to that nice young gentleman Mike Brown

lol.gif

jack-elam_112549.jpg
So you enjoy being a DICK?

What do you know, poster Horn found out that he could bully minimum wage Walmart employees and get away with it. What's next, walking out with a Roku TV?

The best way to beat they system, is to work in it for at least a year......and pay attention to all the thing you find out that customers don't know about.

By law, they are not supposed take back meds. BUT........they CAN refund your pills or discount your next purchase like they did. Although, really, they CAN take the pills back, but they have to dispose of them in the legal manner.

Some pharmacies do have meds buy back or old meds drop off programs, but I have never heard of any pharmacies in my area that have those. You would have to look online for them I suppose, or contact the FDA for a list.

To be perfectly honest....................retail managers are just overpaid clerks with a title. They have no management training, no management skills, and no idea what being a manager is all about. They do what the store manager tells them too, regardless of laws, rules, or professionalism.

Forum List

Back