Are you buying a next gen console? If so what games are you getting?

The combat in Skyrim is so awful that I just couldn't finish it.

lol. How so? It is not much different than Morrowind.

I do have to say though, I use magic so there is a fair amount of variety and it can be fun. I can see how blandly hitting the mouse button and standing there can be annoying. Truth be told, I fond the difficulty the worst part about that game. Bethesda seems to think that increasing difficulty by piling on more HP to enemies and make them hit harder is acceptable. It is not.

Other games increase AI, make enemies more dynamic, give them better tools and all around make the game more of a challenge. Bethesda makes you hit the mouse button more. Talk about fail.

If it does not show, I really hate that game producer. They soak up far too much talent and allow it go to waste by making games where one half is amazing and the other makes it almost unplayable…

There is no "weight" to the combat and it just feels like you're aimlessly flailing about without a targeting system. I mean seriously, nearly every game has some sort of targeting or prioritizing system. Just a MAJOR fail if you ask me. And don't even get me started on the stupidity of your followers.

The combat in Skyrim is so awful that I just couldn't finish it.

lol. How so? It is not much different than Morrowind.

I do have to say though, I use magic so there is a fair amount of variety and it can be fun. I can see how blandly hitting the mouse button and standing there can be annoying. Truth be told, I fond the difficulty the worst part about that game. Bethesda seems to think that increasing difficulty by piling on more HP to enemies and make them hit harder is acceptable. It is not.

Other games increase AI, make enemies more dynamic, give them better tools and all around make the game more of a challenge. Bethesda makes you hit the mouse button more. Talk about fail.

If it does not show, I really hate that game producer. They soak up far too much talent and allow it go to waste by making games where one half is amazing and the other makes it almost unplayable…

There is no "weight" to the combat and it just feels like you're aimlessly flailing about without a targeting system. I mean seriously, nearly every game has some sort of targeting or prioritizing system. Just a MAJOR fail if you ask me. And don't even get me started on the stupidity of your followers.

Really?

I would heartily disagree with the targeting system. A ton of other games have it BUT this is not other games. It is not designed with something like that in mind and I think such a system would ruin the feel of the game in general.

It is an open ended RPG. It is supposed to feel like you are playing an actual character and targeting removes much of that feel.

Followers though – I gave up on them. They get in the way to damn often and the ability to ‘push’ them from a doorway or other such chock point is sorely lacking. One of the many fails IMHO.

Forum List

Back