Are you better off now then you were 4 years ago? If not, why not?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Salt Jones, Nov 26, 2011.

?

Are you better off now then you were 4 years ago?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. No Change

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Salt Jones

Salt Jones BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +510
    Are you better off now then you were 4 years ago?

I am. I have about 70% less debt and 110% more income. I'm under on my house, but I never intended to sell. I plan to pass it on to one of my kids.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Worse off.

due to the soaring cost of actual inflation. I've had to move twice to cheaper and smaller apartments.
    My wife changed shifts to get a little extra pay and I had to take on a much more physically demanding job that pays a little better just to keep afloat.

Tax time is coming, so I'll be taking some of your money and putting it to good use.

3. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    way worse, because of obama, pelosi and reid. they suck bad.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    Worse

I pay more for my gas.

More for health insurance

More for my groceries

More for my electricity..

And went three years without a cola..

so worse for sure.

5. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    In a land where partisanship doesn't exist.
    Ratings:
    +235
    No. I'm a little worse off. I don't really blame any politicians. I don't have as much debt...yet...as I had 4 years ago. But that will soon change, due to medical bills....because we're scanning to find either Guillain-Barre, or Multiple Sclerosis. (Sorry...momentary self pity). I'm okay, but just have diminished sensation from my ribs down, and almost no sensation in my fingers. :evil: Just a little pissed off, because this will probably cost in the 5 digits to figure out. Even with insurance.

But back to the subject. Gasoline prices are astronomical, as are the costs of food, compared to 4 years ago. But much of that is beyond human control. It's human nature to look for someone to blame.

Obama, Pelosi, and Reid didn't kill the crops. Pelosi does enjoy her insider trading, but we can't blame everything on her.

But just a word of advice for those of you who are doing okay, and insulting those whom you perceive as "deadbeats": I had small medical problems that were easily controlled by medications. But I was pretty healthy...engaging in rock-climbing, kayaking, rappelling, swimming, hiking, etc..regularly. 11 days ago, I noticed a little numbness in my left foot. And the next morning, I awoke with numbness from my chest down. Crap happens, and again, I don't want sympathy.

This is just my warning against those who are complacent in a fragile house of cards. I didn't see this coming; and my future right now, is uncertain at best. Be kind to others; because you never know when you might have to walk in their shoes. And many people who are in a bad way now, probably had a background similar to mine-they had worked for years, had health insurance, had their health, took no charity-but contributed to charitable organizations.

*This isn't directed at you, Salt Jones. :eusa_angel:*

Peace be unto you all.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  6. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    No.Even though I am one of those that managed to hold onto a job I can't get ahead in this brutal Obama
    economy.Everything seems to cost more and we seem to be getting less.Hoping that this country wakes up
    before it's too late and we get new leadership.

I just can't see how it's possible that Obama is still receiving positive responses when polling data is released.

7. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,936
    Nope, my business is down about 30%

Food gas and utilities are all up and cost a fortune.

My savings is nearly depleted.

I won't survive another brutal winter after this one

8. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,936
    That's if the dumbass death tax doesn't force them to sell it to pay the damn tax.

9. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Worse. Too much rain and my onions rotted.:evil:

10. JDzBrain

JDzBrain Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Better off?

HELL NO!

Gas was $1.76 when Obama took office...$3.49 average since. Spending twice as much to get back and forth to work is NOT better.

Electricity has gone up 25% since Obama took office. That's about $60 a month on average for us. And we get MOST of our power from a hydro electric source. I can only imagine what it's like from coal and oil plants.

The price of ALL food has risen by an average of 25% because of oil prices and new ethanol standards that have had a dramatic impact on overhead cost for production and transportation.

My parents are paying nearly twice as much for their health care since Obamacare, which is eating into a LIFE TIME of scraping, saving and planning for a retirement that is beginning to look more like an internment than a retirement!

The 1/2 acre pond I put in his back yard as a water feature and fishing hole for kids is now the property of the State because one of Obama's Czars redefined what constitutes a "navigable" waterway.

My business has been cut in half because the client base has been reduced to only the high end buyer. Disposable income for the average buyer is being disposed of to LIVE!

This list could get VERY long! ;~)

Nope...NOT better!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2