Are you better off now then you were 4 years ago? If not, why not?

Are you better off now then you were 4 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • No Change

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Salt Jones

Rookie
Mar 22, 2011

I am. I have about 70% less debt and 110% more income. I'm under on my house, but I never intended to sell. I plan to pass it on to one of my kids.

Worse off.

due to the soaring cost of actual inflation. I've had to move twice to cheaper and smaller apartments.
My wife changed shifts to get a little extra pay and I had to take on a much more physically demanding job that pays a little better just to keep afloat.

Tax time is coming, so I'll be taking some of your money and putting it to good use.

Worse

I pay more for my gas.

More for health insurance

More for my groceries

More for my electricity..

And went three years without a cola..

so worse for sure.

No. I'm a little worse off. I don't really blame any politicians. I don't have as much debt...yet...as I had 4 years ago. But that will soon change, due to medical bills....because we're scanning to find either Guillain-Barre, or Multiple Sclerosis. (Sorry...momentary self pity). I'm okay, but just have diminished sensation from my ribs down, and almost no sensation in my fingers. :evil: Just a little pissed off, because this will probably cost in the 5 digits to figure out. Even with insurance.

But back to the subject. Gasoline prices are astronomical, as are the costs of food, compared to 4 years ago. But much of that is beyond human control. It's human nature to look for someone to blame.

Obama, Pelosi, and Reid didn't kill the crops. Pelosi does enjoy her insider trading, but we can't blame everything on her.

But just a word of advice for those of you who are doing okay, and insulting those whom you perceive as "deadbeats": I had small medical problems that were easily controlled by medications. But I was pretty healthy...engaging in rock-climbing, kayaking, rappelling, swimming, hiking, etc..regularly. 11 days ago, I noticed a little numbness in my left foot. And the next morning, I awoke with numbness from my chest down. Crap happens, and again, I don't want sympathy.

This is just my warning against those who are complacent in a fragile house of cards. I didn't see this coming; and my future right now, is uncertain at best. Be kind to others; because you never know when you might have to walk in their shoes. And many people who are in a bad way now, probably had a background similar to mine-they had worked for years, had health insurance, had their health, took no charity-but contributed to charitable organizations.

*This isn't directed at you, Salt Jones. :eusa_angel:*

Peace be unto you all.

Last edited:
No.Even though I am one of those that managed to hold onto a job I can't get ahead in this brutal Obama
economy.Everything seems to cost more and we seem to be getting less.Hoping that this country wakes up
before it's too late and we get new leadership.

I just can't see how it's possible that Obama is still receiving positive responses when polling data is released.

Nope, my business is down about 30%

Food gas and utilities are all up and cost a fortune.

My savings is nearly depleted.

I won't survive another brutal winter after this one

I am. I have about 70% less debt and 110% more income. I'm under on my house, but I never intended to sell. I plan to pass it on to one of my kids.

That's if the dumbass death tax doesn't force them to sell it to pay the damn tax.

Better off?

HELL NO!

Gas was $1.76 when Obama took office...$3.49 average since. Spending twice as much to get back and forth to work is NOT better.

Electricity has gone up 25% since Obama took office. That's about $60 a month on average for us. And we get MOST of our power from a hydro electric source. I can only imagine what it's like from coal and oil plants.

The price of ALL food has risen by an average of 25% because of oil prices and new ethanol standards that have had a dramatic impact on overhead cost for production and transportation.

My parents are paying nearly twice as much for their health care since Obamacare, which is eating into a LIFE TIME of scraping, saving and planning for a retirement that is beginning to look more like an internment than a retirement!

The 1/2 acre pond I put in his back yard as a water feature and fishing hole for kids is now the property of the State because one of Obama's Czars redefined what constitutes a "navigable" waterway.

My business has been cut in half because the client base has been reduced to only the high end buyer. Disposable income for the average buyer is being disposed of to LIVE!

This list could get VERY long! ;~)

Nope...NOT better!

Better off?

HELL NO!

Gas was $1.76 when Obama took office...$3.49 average since. Spending twice as much to get back and forth to work is NOT better.

Electricity has gone up 25% since Obama took office. That's about $60 a month on average for us. And we get MOST of our power from a hydro electric source. I can only imagine what it's like from coal and oil plants.

The price of ALL food has risen by an average of 25% because of oil prices and new ethanol standards that have had a dramatic impact on overhead cost for production and transportation.

My parents are paying nearly twice as much for their health care since Obamacare, which is eating into a LIFE TIME of scraping, saving and planning for a retirement that is beginning to look more like an internment than a retirement!

The 1/2 acre pond I put in his back yard as a water feature and fishing hole for kids is now the property of the State because one of Obama's Czars redefined what constitutes a "navigable" waterway.

My business has been cut in half because the client base has been reduced to only the high end buyer. Disposable income for the average buyer is being disposed of to LIVE!

This list could get VERY long! ;~)

Nope...NOT better!

It was $1.76 in 2009 where you lived? Holy shit! I don't remember the last time gas was less than $2.00. 2001 or 2002 maybe?

Worse

I pay more for my gas.

More for health insurance

More for my groceries

More for my electricity..

And went three years without a cola..

so worse for sure.

Whatta GREAT opportunity, to say.....

THANKS, GEORGE!!!!!

bush_littlebigman.jpg

Worst off , Gas , grocery , electricity , clothing are way up! I dont go anywhere because I am saving my money for the what ifs in this uncertain economy!

I'm not because of social engineering and government interference with our economy...

It's not about intellect or hard work anymore its about "fairness.."

Everything has to be "equal."

I'm 31 and in the prime of my life and I have to deal with this shit?? I have to work next to blabbering ignorance because its fair??? fuck that..

Wall Street just concluded its worst Thanksgiving Week per centage wise since 1932. The Stock Market is allegedly a leading economic indicator, a preview of coming attractions.
Remember what Thanksgiving Week, 1932 was like? FDR had just defeated Herbert Hoover for the Presidency. The Great Depression had been underway for nearly three years since the October, 1929 Stock Market Crash. FDR would not be inaugurated until March of next year. During this period nearly 100 banks would collapse. With no FDIC in existence, depositors would lose everything.
They would be forced to use scrip in Salt lake City because nobody had any money.
Happy Thanksgiving! Sweet Dreams!

who crashed the economy?

Who fucking cares? Can the person that you say crashed it fix it? NO

Can the person in office now if he chose to? Easily

Now stfu and go back to hopey changey dream land fucktard

Your team crashed the economy with your historically failed ideas.

Yes it does matter who crashed it because it tells us what ideas FAIL.

Why listen to the very people who caused the problem when they attempt to say its someone elses fault.

Your party has failed, your ideas have failed.

You still cling to the failed ideas.

You are NO help in cleaning the mess.

Forum List

Back