Are You Better Off Now Than Four Years Ago?

Obamas speeches after his nomination consisted of the following.

Cap n trade
Green energy
Invest (code for wasteful spending)
Strengthen the epa
Tighten regulations
Raise taxes
Among many others

Then the housing market collapsed(democrats fault)

The combination of those two things scared the hell out of everyone. And then we spent ourselves into oblivion.

OK skip... prove it.

And when you can't/won't because you won't provide personal information on the internet, and I can't blame you, I wouldn't either, that leaves doubt as to whether or not you're telling the truth. You can lie through your teeth, and who will ever know?

Play another game bert?

How would one even 'prove' it in the first place Pale? I have nothing to prove to you however.

When are we going to start the misery index, we did it with Carter. Hell no, I am not better off, in fact, I know of no one that is better off than they were 4 years ago. I have seen people lose their jobs, their homes and in some cases their families. Hey liberals, KEYNESIAN economics, ( flood the basement) economics does not work and it NEVER has. Get it now???

So you are completely oblivious to the present economic condition?
What freaking planet do you live on?

Have you seen his senate voting record?
Or how about his economic policies?
Obamacare?
Did you just wake up from a three year nap?

What does his senate voting record have to do with the economy with him as President? How did Obamacare cause this depression? How did his economic policies cause this depression? I did ask for specifics.

The simplest answer one can give to someone who's playing such a silly game...

... "everything obama has done is the cause of the poor economy, growing government and our horrendous national debt/deficit."

But this is what the question is that should have been asked, what you should be asking yourself... "what has obama done to IMPROVE anything?"

Kind of hard to answer that one aye bert? Especially when the only news of the day about our economy or jobs just keeps getting worse.

I'll concede that Obama has done little to improve anything, but I will also put forth that I doubt any pol could have done much to improve anything. We are in an austerity period without it being proclaimed. We are recovering from the housing bubble brought to us by the late and not so great so called wizards of Wall Street. The masterminds of transferring wealth to China for their own little greedy ill gotten gains. Which by the way is starting to back fire on them as we speak or type or whatever you want to call this.

Last edited:

... "everything obama has done is the cause of the poor economy, growing government and our horrendous national debt/deficit."

Oh, so the Stimulus being 40% tax cuts and extending the Bush Tax Cuts is the cause of the poor economy? TIL!

You have a link to the union pay off, a.k.a. stimulus, being 40% "new" tax cuts?

While I have professed to be better off than I was 4 years ago it has absolutely nothing to do with my government and everything to do with my own hard work and perseverance.
2011 F-150
3/2/2 house
50% increase in income
Great insurance that's about to get my foot fixed.

Actually I have gained all this in the past 2 years, while Obama has been in office, and it didn't take 4.
:cool:

If you are going to be making statements like it's all Obama's fault, you really should have some sort of evidence that backs you up. Simply saying "LOOK AT THE ECONOMY RIGHT NOW" doesn't cut it. That doesn't prove anything except you choose to believe that it's all Obama's fault.

We are recovering from the housing bubble brought to us by the late and not so great so called wizards of Wall StreetEhhh.......you might try looking up "Community Reinvestment Act"

Are You Better Off Now Than Four Years Ago?

Yes.

Because all of these things are directly Obama's fault, eh?

Yep.
Didn't happen until he was elected.

Obama was elected in December 2007? Because that’s when the recession started.
Alright. Let's break it down for someone who doesn't know shit about business.
75% off jobs are from small businesses. They are worth over $250,000.
That figure, according to Obama, makes you a millionaire, despite the fact that you as a business owner earn less than those you employ.

All consequences of the recession that began well before Obama took office.

Then you have the continuous uncertainty as to what the Obama administration is going to do next in regards to taxing you and billing you for his healthcare plan.
That makes you a bit undecisive as to hiring people.

So it’s the right’s tactic to blame Obama for what might happen? You nitwits are unbelievable.

If you are going to be making statements like it's all Obama's fault, you really should have some sort of evidence that backs you up. Simply saying "LOOK AT THE ECONOMY RIGHT NOW" doesn't cut it. That doesn't prove anything except you choose to believe that it's all Obama's fault.
You mean I can't use the tactic you liberals used during the Bush administration when the economy was actually on track?
Too freakin' bad for you.

As if politics was the answer to much at all.

You have a link to the union pay off, a.k.a. stimulus, being 40% "new" tax cuts?

PolitiFact | Tax cut for 95 percent? The stimulus made it so

During the campaign, the independent Tax Policy Center researched how Obama's tax proposals would affect workers. It concluded 94.3 percent of workers would receive a tax cut under Obama's plan based on the tax credit to offset payroll taxes. According to the analysis, the people who wouldn't get a tax cut are those who make more than $250,000 for couples or $200,000 for a single person. Obama said he intended to raise taxes on those high earners, a promise he reiterated during the State of the Union, and that revenue would offset the stimulus tax cut.

Also, it was my mistake, the Stimulus was about 37% tax cuts.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What does his senate voting record have to do with the economy with him as President? How did Obamacare cause this depression? How did his economic policies cause this depression? I did ask for specifics.

But this is what the question is that should have been asked, what you should be asking yourself... "what has obama done to IMPROVE anything?"

Kind of hard to answer that one aye bert? Especially when the only news of the day about our economy or jobs just keeps getting worse.

I'll conceed that Obama has done little to improve anything, but I will also put forth that I doubt any pol could have done much to improve anything. We are in an austerity period without it being proclaimed. We are recovering from the housing bubble brought to us by the late and not so great so called wizards of Wall Street. The masterminds of transferring wealth to China for their own little greedy ill gotten gains. Which by the way is starting to back fire on them as we speak or type or whatever you want to call this.

I actually agree with everything you just said, but what obama and the dems have done on top of what you just said made a bad situation ten times worse. Now instead of just recovering from the housing bubble burst and China playing it's money manipulating games, obama grew or debt into a place where we it will be almost impossible to pay off, no matter what we do. We pay $63,000 a SECOND on the interest on our debt, thanks to obama and the dems for the unfathomable amount of spending they've done.

You mean I can't use the tactic you liberals used during the Bush administration when the economy was actually on track?
Too freakin' bad for you.

So wait, because supposedly some Liberals used the same 'tactic' on you during the Bush Administration, you're going to do it to me right now? But doesn't that mean you are no better than the Liberals who you despise? :eusa_think:

We are recovering from the housing bubble brought to us by the late and not so great so called wizards of Wall StreetEhhh.......you might try looking up "Community Reinvestment Act"

The Reinvestment Act didn't provide the funds. Wall Street was more than glad to package up bad mortgages and sell them off as something substantially backed. So tell me who is the stupid one?

Looks like those who believed Wall Street, heh?

Last edited:
Our country has been commiting slow-motion economic suicide for twenty- five years. It's pointless to blame Obama. He is irrelevant to what is happening now. Our unemployment rate stays stubbornly high because our economic problems are systemic and permanent. The politicians, regardless of party don't have any answers. In fact, they are a large part of the problem, not the solution.

No, the answers if they come will come from us. But if all we are capable of is trading insults and ignorances, the answers will not come. Itsthejobsstupid.

Forum List

Back