Are you Better off now than 2 years ago?

Are you better off now with work and finances than 2 years ago

• Yes I am better off now than 2 years ago

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No I am worse off now than 2 years ago

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Unchanged.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Unchanged but inflation is starting to impact my budget

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
The fact is that as FUBARed as the US economy is it is in the best shape of anywhere in the world.

As easy as it is to sit aside and armchair quarterback, I think the government actually did a pretty good fuckin' job of softening the blow.
well it may appear so, but thats cheseclothe, we will be dealing with this shit for a decade.

I don't know many people whose lives have been drastically changed by the recession.

I do, and i think god every single day on the way to work and when my wife goes to work.

Of course, it's easy to forget in our comparatively stable present just how close to implosion we were 2 years ago.

see my blurb 2 quotes up....

its still a lie
the market was barely below 8000 when bush left office
and we had had 2 years of the dems fucking everything up in congress
so you can just stop with your fucking lies already

Much like Reagan inherited Carters recession, Obama inherited the Bush recession. If you want to blame the Democratic Congess that took over in 2007 then show a piece of legislation that caused the market panic in Aug 2007
it started crashing when the financial markets were tanking in sept of 08

You can look it up...it started in Aug 2007, by Sept 2008 it had already dropped 5000 points

Much like Reagan inherited Carters recession, Obama inherited the Bush recession. If you want to blame the Democratic Congess that took over in 2007 then show a piece of legislation that caused the market panic in Aug 2007

You can look it up...it started in Aug 2007, by Sept 2008 it had already dropped 5000 points

more deceit.

Tell him to quit treating him as such then, smart ass.

Show me where Winger called Obama 'My Ossiah.' Then PM me and I will send you a check for $1000.00.

edit: And not if he said it in a condescending manner simply because someone else called Obama his 'Ossiah!!'

so glad you cleared that up with the edit. again, I said tell him to quit TREATING him as such.

Oh fine...

Winger, stop treating OWE-bama as your Ossiah.

The Bear Sterns hedge funds and their collapse were about two months earlier.

Show me where Winger called Obama 'My Ossiah.' Then PM me and I will send you a check for $1000.00.

edit: And not if he said it in a condescending manner simply because someone else called Obama his 'Ossiah!!'

so glad you cleared that up with the edit. again, I said tell him to quit TREATING him as such.

Oh fine...

I guess admitting that I am better off financially then I was two years ago makes him my Ossiah. Oh.....I forgot....Obama must FAIL

Oh fine...

I guess admitting that I am better off financially then I was two years ago makes him my Ossiah. Oh.....I forgot....Obama must FAIL

NO, it's the constant drooling you do on this board about him, you hack.

Oh fine...

Beats rooting for the US economy to fail

Dow Jones up over 5000 pts in the last two years........correct? Or would that make you an Ossiah worshipper?

Last edited:

Dow Jones up over 5000 pts in the last two years........correct? Or would that make you an Ossiah worshipper?

No, you giving him credit for it makes you the ossiah worshipper. Now, let me find out where he is so you can face his direction tonight when you pray to him.

No, you giving him credit for it makes you the ossiah worshipper. Now, let me find out where he is so you can face his direction tonight when you pray to him.

Read the OP

Are you better off than you were two years ago? I answered yes and justified why

Yes......my 401k has recovered

Recovered??
Wow...isn't this hilarious folks?
2 years goes by and this one is happy his 401k "recovered" as if this is a good thing.
You should have had HUGE growth in your 401k..not just recovered.

Damn

What the fuck are you talking about?

Dow dropped from 14000 to under 7000 during the Bush recession. It is now back to 12500 in the last two years

I saw over a 30% rate of return in 2009 and nearly 20% in 2010. That is huge growth.

You said your 401k recovered.
re·cov·er
   /rɪˈkʌvər/[ri-kuhv-er]–verb (used with object)
1.to get back or regain (something lost or taken away): to recover a stolen watch.
2.to make up for (loss, damage, etc., to oneself

I am saying if all you did was recover losses during the crash then you are a sheeple.
My return was 35% from 2008 to 2009.
If all you have done is return to pre-crash days...then you are like all the other sheep who leave their money in "for the long haul" - a statement made only by people who benefit from your losses.

Recovered??
2 years goes by and this one is happy his 401k "recovered" as if this is a good thing.

Damn

Dow dropped from 14000 to under 7000 during the Bush recession. It is now back to 12500 in the last two years

I saw over a 30% rate of return in 2009 and nearly 20% in 2010. That is huge growth.

re·cov·er
1.to get back or regain (something lost or taken away): to recover a stolen watch.

I am saying if all you did was recover losses during the crash then you are a sheeple.
If all you have done is return to pre-crash days...then you are like all the other sheep who leave their money in "for the long haul" - a statement made only by people who benefit from your losses.

Heck..if you want to sit in front of screens all day..day trading..have at it. I personally have a job to do.

Heck..if you want to sit in front of screens all day..day trading..have at it. I personally have a job to do.

I have never once stared at stocks.
I only moved my money in and out 3-4 times from late 2007 till early 2010.
It is about timing.

If a person has substantial $'s in 401k and never takes it out...they are fodder for the system.
I, like everyone else, knows of numerous people who complained about losing tens of thousands during the 3 month long crash...they shouldn't have loss anything near that.

Recovered??

Damn

re·cov·er

Yes...it did recover any way you look at it.

The question is...am I better off than I was two years ago and the answer is yes. Mostly because of the surge in the market that started two years ago

In case anyone was curious of my vote and opinion on my own thread I am Unchanged but I'm starting to feel the impact of higher cloathing, food, and feul prices.

Forum List

Back