Are you Better off now than 2 years ago?

Are you better off now with work and finances than 2 years ago

• Yes I am better off now than 2 years ago

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No I am worse off now than 2 years ago

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Unchanged.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Unchanged but inflation is starting to impact my budget

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
Yes. I made more money last year than the previous year and this quarter has already surpassed last year's 1st quarter.

:thup:

Tell me about it... My Y/Y YTD is up 93% right now, WOW!

That has nothing to do with government policy however... YEARS in the making. :thup::thup:

not during BUsh's term

liar

Read my post...I said during the Bush recession. It started to drop in Aug 2007 and kept dropping until March 2009

yeah. until your ossiah magically turned it around. Let me find out where he is right now so you can face his direction when you pray to him.

Magic?

Far from it

It was a combination of TARP, stimulus and bailing out the auto companies. The market went from panic sell off to over 30% return in 2009

Read my post...I said during the Bush recession. It started to drop in Aug 2007 and kept dropping until March 2009

yeah. until your ossiah magically turned it around. Let me find out where he is right now so you can face his direction when you pray to him.

Magic?

Far from it

It was a combination of TARP, stimulus and bailing out the auto companies. The market went from panic sell off to over 30% return in 2009
all because of your ossiah...

Magic?

Far from it

The dumb shit you say notwithstanding, use of the term 'Your ossiah' makes you impossible to take seriously.

Magic?

Far from it

The dumb shit you say notwithstanding, use of the term 'Your ossiah' makes you impossible to take seriously.
you mean as opposed to the rational bush hatred shown by others?
:rolleyes:

Tell him to quit treating him as such then, smart ass.

Show me where Winger called Obama 'My Ossiah.' Then PM me and I will send you a check for $1000.00.

edit: And not if he said it in a condescending manner simply because someone else called Obama his 'Ossiah!!'

Last edited:
not during BUsh's term

liar

its still a lie
the market was barely below 8000 when bush left office
and we had had 2 years of the dems fucking everything up in congress
so you can just stop with your fucking lies already

Much like Reagan inherited Carters recession, Obama inherited the Bush recession. If you want to blame the Democratic Congess that took over in 2007 then show a piece of legislation that caused the market panic in Aug 2007

I pointed to specific legislation that reversed the stock market panic....now show specific Democratic legislation that caused it

Last edited:

Show me where Winger called Obama 'My Ossiah.' Then PM me and I will send you a check for $1000.00.

edit: And not if he said it in a condescending manner simply because someone else called Obama his 'Ossiah!!'
he never said he SAID IT

its still a lie

Much like Reagan inherited Carters recession, Obama inherited the Bush recession. If you want to blame the Democratic Congess that took over in 2007 then show a piece of legislation that caused the market panic in Aug 2007
it started crashing when the financial markets were tanking in sept of 08

The fact is that as FUBARed as the US economy is it is in the best shape of anywhere in the world.

As easy as it is to sit aside and armchair quarterback, I think the government actually did a pretty good fuckin' job of softening the blow. I don't know many people whose lives have been drastically changed by the recession.

Of course, it's easy to forget in our comparatively stable present just how close to implosion we were 2 years ago.

its still a lie

uh huh and 18 months after the Reagan recession where were we? and were are we now? in an ongoing mess.

Actually, yes I am. I made more last year than I did the previous two years. And I am on track to make double what I did last year. I have a better job, and my checks are double what they were.
I can also tell you my brother who owns a contraction company is building more houses than he was three years ago.
what does a contraction company do?

write contracts?

It's a midwife service. :lol:

Oh man, I kill me.

well lets see, am I better off?

well, no , I got laid off in april 09.

I did gets a yob wit da gubmint dough.

IF, my defined pension plan stays as is, I will be better off at 65....

so glad you cleared that up with the edit. again, I said tell him to quit TREATING him as such.

Forum List

Back