Are you being bullied at work?

If you want to see bullying get REALLY crazy, get a union involved. If you're being bullied, you must go to the union rep. They will then have a hearing or private counseling session for you. If you go to management first without talking to the Union, you can be fined 500 bucks (at least in my public sector union). If the Shop Steward doesn't like you, expect to lose your complaint.

And regardless, unless someone loses their job over it, often, nothing changes... but you're now labeled a troublemaker for making an official complaint.

The union is your rep, Fitz. Management is your rep, and you want to complain against management: hmmm, sound stupid.

After my first wife's death, a colleague at work kept hitting on me, ignoring my requests to allow me to mend by myself. So I asked her grown daughter to tell her. That ended the problem.

I worked for a real dickhead when I got out of college. As soon as I found a better job, I quit. Voila! No more bullying.

Essentially they are trying to criminalize douchbaggery. Hmmm. Maybe I should rethink my position on this. Lol

I guess there is physical bullying and mental bullying.

If you want to see bullying get REALLY crazy, get a union involved. If you're being bullied, you must go to the union rep. They will then have a hearing or private counseling session for you. If you go to management first without talking to the Union, you can be fined 500 bucks (at least in my public sector union). If the Shop Steward doesn't like you, expect to lose your complaint.

And regardless, unless someone loses their job over it, often, nothing changes... but you're now labeled a troublemaker for making an official complaint.

Yep, another layer you have to deal with. And they don't always play by the same rules as corporate HR departments.

Forum List

Back