Are you being brainwashed - former exec whistlerblower

I think it isn't the actual brainwashing that is fascinating anymore. I think it is the depth of the brainwashing, and perhaps the lack of ascertaining the difference between facts and fiction too. They've done a good job.

Hell, I've heard right-wingers who have lost their job, and will still rant and rave about how good globalization has been, and how they wouldn't change anything.

But I must say, there are two groups of these right-wingers. There are those who do the brainwashing, and for the most part, I think they are pretty aware that what they are saying is complete Bull. Hell, Glen Beck even said he was a rodio clown, whose main purpose is distraction from the issues at hand. And do you really think Rush thinks Hitler was an environmentalist, and that makes Obama just like him? I don't.

And of course, there is the second group, the brainwashed. These are weak-minded people, who are also lazy, and generally too stupid to get informed, to read books, and to find the right sources. Somewhere along the line they came to trust those who take a crap in their minds, and they refuse to acknowledge that they've been steered down the wrong dark alley. People hate to be wrong, and for most of them to admit they were wrong, it would mean they've wasted a big chunk of their lives listening to people who simply were lying to them, just to deceive them into voting for themselves.

I guess you might add one more group, past the two. But they are really in the first group. These are conservatives that know the brainwashers are full of crap too, but often they know the strategy, and let it go without commentary, since they understand that brainwashing is as good of a strategy to keep the useful idiots in line as anything.
here is another brainwashed moron

Are we being brain washed?

Wrong tense.

We've been washed, spun, and left to hang in the sun.

We're parched for truth.

fuck off and get yourself unbrainwashed

We all suffer when you decide not to use your mind.

Here's someone that's come out and said, "I was an executive paid to create talking point lies, and deceive right-winger across their media outlets".

Your intelligent response: Fuck off, I don't want to know the truth.

How old are you? You obviously have no regard for truth, only confirming your own warped world view.

My advice is to believe nothing you read (out of newspapers and Time magazine) and only half of what you see on television.

Let's say for the sake of conversation that you are absolutely correct in your beliefs that Fox News is laying out all of this bogus bullshit that you preceive as conservative Republican talking points. For the moment let's say that is entirely correct. Fox News has the highest ratings of any television news on the tube today. They are miles ahead of any of the other stations. Now, they don't give themselves those ratings. They are based on something and it's the number of people watching the news on Fox. For the sake of the conversation we will say I am wrong and Fox News is also completely bogus. Well, what about the millions of other people who watch Fox News? How come you're so correct and everybody else, and I'm talking millions of everybody else, is so wrong? I think the numbers are against you and that means to me that you are not correct but only spewing out what you would like to be the truth.

Getting to the rest of it. If this guy is indeed telling the truth and putting out Republican talking points, so what? You don't think the Democrats do that? What about all the ACORN members taking money from the Federal government and in tern pretty much campaigninng for Obama? The Democrats put out talking points all the time. Every political party does. What did you think? Only one guy in either political party has the game plan? I think you're blowing smoke and trying to sell something I'm not interested in buying.

fuck off and get yourself unbrainwashed

Here's someone that's come out and said, "I was an executive paid to create talking point lies, and deceive right-winger across their media outlets".

How old are you? You obviously have no regard for truth, only confirming your own warped world view.

My advice is to believe nothing you read (out of newspapers and Time magazine) and only half of what you see on television.

Let's say for the sake of conversation that you are absolutely correct in your beliefs that Fox News is laying out all of this bogus bullshit that you preceive as conservative Republican talking points. For the moment let's say that is entirely correct. Fox News has the highest ratings of any television news on the tube today. They are miles ahead of any of the other stations. Now, they don't give themselves those ratings. They are based on something and it's the number of people watching the news on Fox. For the sake of the conversation we will say I am wrong and Fox News is also completely bogus. Well, what about the millions of other people who watch Fox News? How come you're so correct and everybody else, and I'm talking millions of everybody else, is so wrong? I think the numbers are against you and that means to me that you are not correct but only spewing out what you would like to be the truth.

Getting to the rest of it. If this guy is indeed telling the truth and putting out Republican talking points, so what? You don't think the Democrats do that? What about all the ACORN members taking money from the Federal government and in tern pretty much campaigninng for Obama? The Democrats put out talking points all the time. Every political party does. What did you think? Only one guy in either political party has the game plan? I think you're blowing smoke and trying to sell something I'm not interested in buying.

Oh my, you have been listening to Fox and Rush. Follow your own advice, please.

Oh my, you have been listening to Fox and Rush. Follow your own advice, please.
and you've been watching PMSNBC and listening to olbermann

I think it isn't the actual brainwashing that is fascinating anymore. I think it is the depth of the brainwashing, and perhaps the lack of ascertaining the difference between facts and fiction too. They've done a good job.

Hell, I've heard right-wingers who have lost their job, and will still rant and rave about how good globalization has been, and how they wouldn't change anything.

But I must say, there are two groups of these right-wingers. There are those who do the brainwashing, and for the most part, I think they are pretty aware that what they are saying is complete Bull. Hell, Glen Beck even said he was a rodio clown, whose main purpose is distraction from the issues at hand. And do you really think Rush thinks Hitler was an environmentalist, and that makes Obama just like him? I don't.

And of course, there is the second group, the brainwashed. These are weak-minded people, who are also lazy, and generally too stupid to get informed, to read books, and to find the right sources. Somewhere along the line they came to trust those who take a crap in their minds, and they refuse to acknowledge that they've been steered down the wrong dark alley. People hate to be wrong, and for most of them to admit they were wrong, it would mean they've wasted a big chunk of their lives listening to people who simply were lying to them, just to deceive them into voting for themselves.

I guess you might add one more group, past the two. But they are really in the first group. These are conservatives that know the brainwashers are full of crap too, but often they know the strategy, and let it go without commentary, since they understand that brainwashing is as good of a strategy to keep the useful idiots in line as anything.

Yes....Good thing we all have anonymous know-it-all oracles like you to descend from the heavens -just in the nick of time- and straighten out the proletariat on how stupid we all are. :rolleyes:

And my advice is, get a source that isn't paid for by corporations. They do exist.

So your reasoning is, millions of people like it, so it must be true? When the nazi party was the majority, were they correct in their views?

This is 2nd grade reasoning.

People like drama and theater. It's part of human nature. If you combine good theatre with the ability to manipulate people based on their fears and prejudices you can convert many people into thinking what you want them to think. You should watch the great documentary: Century of the Self

I think you can find it free on the internet. It's a history basically of how industry has used psychology to manipulate the masses to consume and vote how they wanted them too. It's long, but very good.

No, the democrats don't do that. They've started issuing counter talking points when they finally woke up about 8 years ago and realized what a machine this has become. But they don't issue out right lies to their constituents. And who are they going to spread them too any ways? (I bet I know your answer, but sorry, right-wing media dominates our air waves).

As a liberal, I know what kind of lies I'm going to get from the Democratic party. I can objectively look at their information / positions, and make my own conclusions (I'm registered green party).

This is what we need Americans to really wake up to though:

America is a corporate fascist nation.

We have one party that completely kowtows to corporate interest, and another party that actually has members with some morality. This is why the democrats disagree within their own party. They actually have members who are not just being completely bought off, but the number through the years is shrinking. Republicans have no problem when they are in power, they don't have large disagreements (sure there are some here and there naturally), but by and large they are bought and paid for, so they have no problem moving legislation.

Look, at some point you have to honestly ask yourself, what is the goal of the two parties, and what really makes the most sense?

Is it a) There is a party completely drunk on power and money, and is owned by corporate America.

or b) There's a party that is trying to re-distribute wealth because they can control the masses.

Think long and hard about what is really more achievable and makes more sense. Is it a given that if B) exists that it would work? And also, would this be in alignment with the corporations and people who actually hold the money and powers world view?

When Republicans are trying to get in power, they easily manipulate their base with their wedge issues. They are all scare tactics to get them into power. Then they sit their and wink to each other, because do you think they care about abortion, gay rights, etc... ? No. Democrats use these as well, but if you look at the campaigns, it's not the focal point of what candidates run on.. it's just not. They don't send out pamphlets to their base saying democrats are trying to take their guns away, or their bibles, or kill their babies. They just don't.

There is a brainwashing occurring in America. It's not something you can deny. There's no way we have the geopolitical stranglehold on our planet, with over 4800 military bases throughout the world. This doesn't occur by giving people honest information, and letting them make decisions about how many children and people we should kill by going on a covert air raid, or sanctioning a country because it wouldn't give in to corporate interest, and allowing 500+ kids starve to death a day, or lying about the actions of a countries leaders (maybe saying they have nukes?), and then launching an illegal war to kill over 100k+ civilians (not even counting military).

I'd like to think that Americans have more integrity than that. So what you have to really ask yourself next time you look in the mirror is, am I being brainwashed?

Look, there will always be a group with controlling power in America. They will use a primary political party to achieve their goals (but they will use both parties at times). Today they are called Republicans, at some other point they may be something else. Doesn't matter how long we're on this earth, but liberals will always be the opposition party (it's not just that way in America, but everywhere). The liberals will be the party on the streets fighting for your worker rights, fighting for your health care rights, fighting for your liberties, fighting for your civil rights. It has and always will be...

Don't be a pawn.

Former Cigna exec describes industry's "close ties" to conservative media, to which "they feed the talking points"

Former Cigna exec describes*industry's "close ties" to*conservative media, to which "they feed the talking points" | Media Matters for America

But you still won't believe it will you?
Since when did Media Matters become a credible source for anything?

Give me an example of where it hasn't been. P.S. the interview is on CNN, just hosted on media matters.

What media do you use for your news?

What makes my sources for news and information germane to the fact that Media Matters is a well known leftist hack site?

What would you say to the person who sourced World Nut Daily as "proof" that the mainstream media is merely a propaganda arm of the DNC??

Last edited:
What makes my sources for news and information to the fact that Media Matters is a well known leftist hack site?

What would you say to the person who sourced World Nut Daily as "proof" that the mainstream media is merely a propaganda arm of the DNC??
careful, he'll call you a neocon soon

Its amazing how this follows the formula.

Any opposition to Obama is disingenious, planned, untrue, controlled by big corporations and disiminated by FOX news and Rush limbaugh. It's NEVER grass roots or sincere.

Its time to change that tune, people aern't buying it.

Much of the opposition to this latest massive wasteful spending comes from independants and Democrats.

BTW, 'Media Matters' was created by Hillary Clinton and funded by George Soros with the expess purpose of postive spin propaganda for left causes and constant attack on percived right wing media outlets.

It was interesting to note that Anderson Cooper did not agree that the protests where controlled.

What makes my sources for news and information germane to the fact that Media Matters is a well known leftist hack site?

I'll rephrase the question, perhaps it was too difficult to understand.

Show me an example of where media matters lied or mis-informed it's audience (either intentionally or un-intentionally.

All you are doing is regurgitating what people have told you to think until you can do otherwise.

And I would say to that person, use your own mind. You don't need people to tell you what to think. It's a simple argument to prove that the main stream media leans heavily to the right. There's no logical argument for it to be liberal. I've gone over this argument several times on here now. Never heard a rational argument from the brainwashed right yet.

I'll rephrase the question, perhaps it was too difficult to understand.

Show me an example of where media matters lied or mis-informed it's audience (either intentionally or un-intentionally.

All you are doing is regurgitating what people have told you to think until you can do otherwise.

And I would say to that person, use your own mind. You don't need people to tell you what to think. It's a simple argument to prove that the main stream media leans heavily to the right. There's no logical argument for it to be liberal. I've gone over this argument several times on here now. Never heard a rational argument from the brainwashed right yet.
LOL
mediamatters lies in everything it does

and i've yet to see a rational argument from a brainwashed lefty(you)

Its amazing how this follows the formula.

Any opposition to Obama is disingenious, planned, untrue, controlled by big corporations and disiminated by FOX news and Rush limbaugh. It's NEVER grass roots or sincere.

Its time to change that tune, people aern't buying it.

The part of the grassroots movement that are protesting are nutjob people who have issues that don't even revolve around health care. Listen to what they are complaining about.

And I'm sorry, but people just don't come up with random lies about legislation, and then get them into all of the media outlets, and then go protest about lies. Think Mcfly...

It would be different if they had a FACTUAL argument that they were against... or something that was debatable.

I'll give you an example of one that would be acceptable, and would be a good REAL argument to have. EX: The proposed health care bill will increase spending and sink us into larger deficits than if we do nothing.

BTW, 'Media Matters' was created by Hillary Clinton and funded by George Soros with the expess purpose of postive spin propaganda for left causes and constant attack on percived right wing media outlets.

I have countless PROVABLE beyond a shadow of a doubt where numerous right-wing media have out right lied to their audience. I'll take one that you can give me from media matters... google away kid.

I'll help you out:
Media matter lies: media matters lies - Google Search

Fox news lies: fox news lies - Google Search

Rush Limbaugh lies: Rush Limbaugh lies - Google Search

Sean Hannity lies: sean hannity lies - Google Search

Bill OReily lies: bill o'reilly lies - Google Search

Check them out... let me know what you find.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back