Are You Ashamed to Be White?

I'm proud of my toes.

They're white, ya' know?

They're far superior to those black and brown and yellow and Red toes.

Depending on which white toe we're talking about my white ties have the manifest destinies to:

1. have bacon
2. have none
3. go to the market
4. stay home
5. Say "Wee Wee Wee" all the way home

I see your point and agree to a degree but I still feel some shame in being connected genetically to anyone who could've sympathized with Hitler. I had a young friend in grade school whose parents wouldn't allow her to play with me when they found out I was German... that was my first taste of shame and perhaps it's stuck with me all these years...right or wrong.. it's there...

I don't apologize for what others have done, that's not my place....but I don't adhere to their beliefs. I was raised by a father who was extremely racist and it caused me no small amount of grief that I did not share his views. He was quite ashamed that I dated outside my race but I don't judge people based on the hue of their skin.. it's how they treat me as a person... an asshole can be any color and those are the people I try to avoid...

Why on earth would you feel guilty about being German? You weren't there. You didn't do anything. I'm Jewish, so I don't believe in cofession, but I promise, you're absolved. :D:eusa_angel:

And your grade school friend's mom... was an ijit.

I am only ashamed of the things I have personally done wrong.
I recognize that I may have benefited from the actions of my ancestors, but I am not responsible for their actions.

I find it difficult to even feel "shame" for the mistakes I've made, to be honest.

Regret? Yeah I often regret my mistakes but shame, or guilt?

A complete waste of your time to feel those things, folks.

When you make a mistake (and you will, because you are human) the only thing you should feel is resolve not to make THAT mistake again.

If you injured someone, you should to best of your ability, make it right.

Give yourselves a break.

Mistakes happen.

Try reading idiot--her initial claim was that she was

They tried to eradicate this type of thinking among blacks yet you think it's natural for whites to feel ashamed of their race ? You bought it too, I see.

Try following your own advice, dipshit. I never said it was "natural" for whites to feel ashamed of their race.

I was making a comment about your hypocrisy, and how amusing I find it, not about the substantive topic or my views on it.

Proud?

Don't care?

Don't like affirmative action, but you don't agree with William Joyce?

Poll time.

My truth is that I think "I'm proud to be white" is kinda goofy... I wouldn't say I'm "proud to be white" in the sense that I take credit for the way I was born. But I do feel a sense of kinship with other whites and a desire to defend them against attack in this world. My thought is, race is way, way, way bigger deal than we admit, and whites sliding to the minority is going to mean SERIOUS-ass pain for us, and we better commence to circling wagons or we're going to be wiped out with nobody carrying on to even remember we were here. I mean, if nothing else, why not be white and fight? If it's our destiny to die off as a race, who says we have to die like groveling dogs, begging for non-whites to forgive/accept/love us?

I refuse to label myself as white because I know how devisive that is. And I also know that as soon as the whites get rid of all the blacks, mexicans, indians, asians, etc.... the next thing they will do is sort out us whites, and I'll be on the losing end of that. Then it will be blondes vs. brunettes and the arian blonds will try to gas us in concentration camps.

Yes, in some ways I am ashamed of whites.

But I also know that blacks or asians or any other race, if put into power or the majority, would be racist to whites. It is the way human societies are.

Amazing Jesus didn't specifically say THOU SHALL NOT BE A RACIST PRICK. He should have. Would have made things a lot better.

I find it difficult to even feel "shame" for the mistakes I've made, to be honest.

Regret? Yeah I often regret my mistakes but shame, or guilt?

A complete waste of your time to feel those things, folks.

When you make a mistake (and you will, because you are human) the only thing you should feel is resolve not to make THAT mistake again.

If you injured someone, you should to best of your ability, make it right.

Give yourselves a break.

Mistakes happen.
Lucky you, if you don't feel shame or guilt.
I think it's normal to feel those things and I don't feel ashamed or guilty for feeling shame or guilt.
;)
I think they are useful emotions if they help you stop doing bad things. If they are excessive and lead to feelings of worthlessness, then they are destructive. They are often exploited by controlling and abusive people.

Why on earth would you feel guilty about being German? You weren't there. You didn't do anything. I'm Jewish, so I don't believe in cofession, but I promise, you're absolved. :D:eusa_angel:

And your grade school friend's mom... was an ijit.

:tongue: thanks Jillian!

I do wonder though... is it enough to just remember or acknowledge the sins of our ancestors or does the shame prevent us from repeating those mistakes?

I don't feel guilt because I know I didn't do anything wrong but I think as human beings we should all feel a little ashamed at the things we do to each other..... perhaps disgusted is a better word than shame though....

:tongue: thanks Jillian!

I do wonder though... is it enough to just remember or acknowledge the sins of our ancestors or does the shame prevent us from repeating those mistakes?

I don't feel guilt because I know I didn't do anything wrong but I think as human beings we should all feel a little ashamed at the things we do to each other..... perhaps disgusted is a better word than shame though....

It's enough to remember and not repeat those mistakes.

You shouldn't ever have guilt or shame for what you didn't do. Believe me, my dad isn't exactly a beacon of tolerance... we can only do what WE can do ourselves.

Lucky you, if you don't feel shame or guilt.
I think it's normal to feel those things and I don't feel ashamed or guilty for feeling shame or guilt.
;)
I think they are useful emotions if they help you stop doing bad things. If they are excessive and lead to feelings of worthlessness, then they are destructive. They are often exploited by controlling and abusive people.

That sorta blows the theory that they are useful doesn't it ? Pain is a much better motivator to prevent you from repeating a "crime".

It's enough to remember and not repeat those mistakes.

You shouldn't ever have guilt or shame for what you didn't do. Believe me, my dad isn't exactly a beacon of tolerance... we can only do what WE can do ourselves.

very true jillian...very true!

Whites have always been the minority and yet have achieved more than any other race. What's up with that?

We used to be the dirtiest, most disease ridden people in the world.

As such those people who could easily resist our arms, died by the tens of millions from the diseases that you and I could easily shrug off in childhood.

That, at last, explains how the White race managed to subdue the AmerIndians of the Western hemisphere.

Notice, if you've understood the above point, that despite having battled over 1,400 years with the Islamic world, we still do not entirely dominate them?

That's because their genome, much like ours, is not easily wiped out by diseases like measles, small pox, and chickenpox.

The White races's real superpower during the years 1500 - 1900 was really our auto immune systems, rather than our technology, science, philosophy or economic systems.

Notice that any people who had basically the same auto-immune systems as we EURO's have, the near and far Asians mostly, are STILL basically in control of the lands from which they hale?

That's because while we could dominate them to some degree, our diseases didn't wipe out 90% of the populations to make it easy for us to take over and control their lands.

Will you also admit that you and most whites in America benefit greatly and have a higher social and economic position today because of those past evil actions by whites in the past?

You'd have to admit that you enjoy and benefit greatly from the past evil actions of whites also.....where else could you live as you do ??? or you'd be there already.

What a bunch of "Im a victim" whining. And I'm laughing my ass off at your "Native Americans were friendly to whites" BS. A few were. The vast majority of Native Americans weren't friendly to other tribes, much less whites. Their way of life was xenophobic and warring. So sell THAT one down the road.

If the Native Americans were hostile to whites they had very good reason for it because the white man eventually wiped them out through disease and treachery all under the Cross. The murderers made mockery of the Lord and His word, though God be not mocked Himself for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reapeth. Europeans were way more warring and xenophobic than Native Americans but its pretty cheap and distasteful of you to bring Native Americans down to the level of the white man in order to make the white man's crimes not look so bad or not different from no one else, but the Bass repeats, no one has *EVER* done what the white man has done to others on a worldwide scale like that which the white man has done. Even if you made every other race of people look bad their wrongs still wouldn't compare.

And don't say "you." I reject outright your feeble attempt to attribute the real or imagined crimes of others to me.

Who accused you with anything from the past? Perhaps its your guilty heart that smites you because of your ignorance.

The garbage being posted is YOURS. Who the fuck are YOU to tell me what I believe? I wasn't raised to be a racist piece of shit like you. I was raised to accept people for who and what they are based on their actions.

God forbid that the Bass is a racist but in your guilt you are.Just look at your emotional reaction to the truth, the fact remains that no other race of people in the world has ever done to whites or other on a worldwide scale what whites have done to nonwhites, cry and whine like a girl all you want, the Bass will pull your skirt up and expose your hypocrisy.

If the Native Americans were hostile to whites they had very good reason for it because the white man eventually wiped them out through disease and treachery all under the Cross. The murderers made mockery of the Lord and His word, though God be not mocked Himself for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reapeth. Europeans were way more warring and xenophobic than Native Americans but its pretty cheap and distasteful of you to bring Native Americans down to the level of the white man in order to make the white man's crimes not look so bad or not different from no one else, but the Bass repeats, no one has *EVER* done what the white man has done to others on a worldwide scale like that which the white man has done. Even if you made every other race of people look bad their wrongs still wouldn't compare.

Who accused you with anything from the past? Perhaps its your guilty heart that smites you because of your ignorance.

God forbid that the Bass is a racist but in your guilt you are.Just look at your emotional reaction to the truth, the fact remains that no other race of people in the world has ever done to whites or other on a worldwide scale what whites have done to nonwhites, cry and whine like a girl all you want, the Bass will pull your skirt up and expose your hypocrisy.

Go read you own post, junior. You most assuredly used the word "you" in your ranting little "what whitey did to the red man" spiel.

You can try to twist shit however you want, but there's no guilt here, real nor imagined. You are your own fault.

The only thing you have exposed is that you are a hater, afraid of just about anything different. While in your delusional little world you might believe you are somethign superior, as you have stated, but you really are just a sad little man with no game trying to live on, and demand payment for, past wrongs not committed by anyone still living against anyone still alive.

Sucks to be you.

Go read you own post, junior. You most assuredly used the word "you" in your ranting little "what whitey did to the red man" spiel.

You can try to twist shit however you want, but there's no guilt here, real nor imagined. You are your own fault.

The only thing you have exposed is that you are a hater, afraid of just about anything different. While in your delusional little world you might believe you are somethign superior, as you have stated, but you really are just a sad little man with no game trying to live on, and demand payment for, past wrongs not committed by anyone still living against anyone still alive.

Sucks to be you.

Indisputable fact that your guilt ridden brain can't deny nor gloss over:

The fact remains that no other race of people in the world has ever done to whites or others on a worldwide scale what whites have done to nonwhites, cry and whine like a girl all you want, the Bass will pull your skirt up and expose your hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back