Are You An Organ Donor?

Are You An Organ Donor?

• Total voters
The reason why no one makes money out of organ donation is because it is a DONATION. You make a donation to a charity, you don't get compensation for it.

You get a tax write-off.

Say! Maybe that's the way to get around the insanely punitive death tax! Add up all the costs involved with the donation of your loved one's organs, get a receipt, and stick it to the IRS! :clap2:

Oh, so the doctor doesn't make any money?

I have no problem with charity, just don't put down those that don't see it that way.

Organ donation is a gift, some may call it charity. But above all, it is the gift of life.

You don't ask who the buyer is.

I guess what I mean is, who do I contact to sell my kidney?

Actually, I just did some reading and it looks like I'm more likely to get about $10,000. Um...not worth it.

$250,000, maybe. $10,000...no.

Last edited:
I'm an organ grinder in a circus.

Yeah, the Donor designation has been on my driver's license for years. Don't remember when I initially signed up. Maybe 20 years ago?

Are you donating organs, or tissue/blood/muscle etc? I DUNNO

Do you think organ donation should be compulsory? NOPE

Do you think the system should be an opt out one, as opposed to opt in? NOPE

Do you think family members should have the right to override the wishes of a loved one, if that loved one wanted to be a donor upon their death? NOPE

Do you believe those who choose to donate should have the right to decide who receives their organs? NOPE

Should those who refuse to be organ donors be forbidden from receiving an organ? ie; if you don't gift, you don't receive? Excluding people suffering from medical conditions, of course. NOPE

About 6 years ago the daughter's best friend contracted a form of childhood leukemia, so that's when I signed up with Be The Match: Hope for patients with leukemia, lymphoma, blood cancer and sickle cell disease
They've never called and now that I'm pushing 60, I think I'm out of the loop. There's an age cut-off.
Which leads me to think maybe I could donate a kidney while I'm still living. Always thought it would be cool to help someone out like that.
Hell, maybe I'm too old to donate a kidney.

I should probably warn someone not to take my liver when I die LOL.
Would you consider becoming a living donor?

People with aids even need kidneys . From all walks of life . Children, men, women. Some with Hep also so I recommend not self disqualifying and ask your doctor if it is possible for you. Or you could fill out a questionnaire to donate and see what they say.

Forum List

Back