~Are You Afraid To Die??~

there is no reason to many things in life.

Things happen mostly out of chance which we can not control.

The meaning comes from learning what can be learned from what happens to you.

I'm not afraid of death, but dying....yeah, that worries me. There are plenty of bad ways to go, things that linger, painful, drawn-out deaths. Now, I'm someone who is unlikely to live through those kinds of things, I'd just kill myself rather than suffer through a long illness, but what if that's not possible? What if the illness weakens me so that suicide isn't an option, or becomes exceedingly difficult? And then, if I am going to kill myself, how to go about it? What's the quickest and least painful way to do it, while at the same time making sure I'm not caught in the act and 'saved' and also that I'm not screwing anyone over too much, leaving a corpse on their property or anything like that?

Death is fine. Dying is concerning.

Don't mean nothin. Just another part of life.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdEoputkE98]Still Gonna Die - The Old Dogs - YouTube[/ame]

I am not afraid to die at all...in fact, as odd as this is gonna sound, I would embrace it.
They say if you're not happy with your life, you should change it....ahh....but people...come on, we all know, that's not exactly as easy as it sounds.

Dabs. Sounds like you need another fling on a pristine beach in the
Caribbean. You have my number. Give me a ring.

I've been a nurse for nearly 30 years, primarily working with cancer patients. There are things out there far worse than death, so no ... I'm not afraid of dying.

My Mom slowly choked to Death for 5 years...

I hated every minute of it, and I refused to let her got a State facility.

My Wife is a Saint for Burdening the process in our Home.

We will probably have her Mom with us next.

:)

peace...

Getting old and sick and feeble and ending up in a nursing being tended to by strangers scares me a hell of a lot more than dying.

I'm not afraid of death, but dying....yeah, that worries me. There are plenty of bad ways to go, things that linger, painful, drawn-out deaths. Now, I'm someone who is unlikely to live through those kinds of things, I'd just kill myself rather than suffer through a long illness, but what if that's not possible? What if the illness weakens me so that suicide isn't an option, or becomes exceedingly difficult? And then, if I am going to kill myself, how to go about it? What's the quickest and least painful way to do it, while at the same time making sure I'm not caught in the act and 'saved' and also that I'm not screwing anyone over too much, leaving a corpse on their property or anything like that?

Death is fine. Dying is concerning.

Handgun, one shot to the temple. Can't help with the mess you leave.

Everyone is afraid of something....and a lot of people are afraid to die.

How about you??

Does it enter your thoughts often?? Do you wonder how you will make your exit??
Does it cause you worry??

Or is it something clearly way far back in the back of your mind??.......and it really doesn't come into your thoughts much??

I routinely contemplate suicide. I do not like life and want to be dead. Unfortunately I made commitments to my family ( by creating it) and can't just bail on them. Well so far that has worked. Plus the meds I am on now make the thoughts a lot less pressing, easier to shrug off and continue. Before we found this mix of meds there were days I simply laid in bed unable to move, because if I did I would have killed myself.

I am very stubborn. And this commitment thing is very important to me.

So I am not afraid of dying. But I think about it all the time.

Seriously..you need to talk to someone..or chill with Douger.

Suicidal thoughts ain't healthy.

How about you??

Or is it something clearly way far back in the back of your mind??.......and it really doesn't come into your thoughts much??

I routinely contemplate suicide. I do not like life and want to be dead. Unfortunately I made commitments to my family ( by creating it) and can't just bail on them. Well so far that has worked. Plus the meds I am on now make the thoughts a lot less pressing, easier to shrug off and continue. Before we found this mix of meds there were days I simply laid in bed unable to move, because if I did I would have killed myself.

No shit... I missed that. Sounds like he's seen people about, otherwise he wouldn't have meds. :thup:

peace...

I often contemplate my life. If I had to change anything, I would not. There are some things...I don't know, I guess I could have done better. But the outcome NOW indicates that I didn't do so badly. More often, I wish my Mom could have lived long enough to see what I have done with my life, maybe invite her to move up to my place here in AK. I think she'd like it, a lot. She always loved reading, and my place is perfect for reading, and thinking, and just...being. I guess I wish my Mom had lived longer. While not afraid of dying, I do agree with those here who have expressed an interest in seeing how their children "turn out". At least my daughter and granddaughters have a very clear, realistic view of death. It is natural, expected, and NOT ONE of us will avoid it.

12-22-2001-ma-n-pa.jpg

My Ma and Pa... :(

Miss them heaps.

peace...

How about you??

I take 2 different medications, celexa and Geodon. I tried just about all that were current from 94 to 2004 till we found that these two worked the best. I see a therapist every week and have since 1998. I see a shrink every month or two.

The medication makes my life bearable. It does not make me "happy" it does not stop bouts with depression and it has never stopped the suicidal desire. It does however allow me to control the thoughts. Before we found this mix I had a very hard time of it. There were days I simply did not move for the simple reason if I had I would have killed myself. All my energy was put into controlling the desire and the thoughts. Now I can have the thoughts and simply work around them.

I was in and out of the Hospital from 96 to 99 2 to 3 times a year. I even tried electro shock treatment.

In 99 I quit working completely and let my doctors submit paper work to get me declared disabled. For Social Security it normally takes several years and a lot of appeals to even get a finding. One submission from my doctors and VA and Social Security declared me disabled. VA has me at 70 percent but pays at the 100 percent rate as I am considered unable to work. Not working helped a lot. Made it a bit easier.

Meanwhile board retards like Eots claim that medication for illness like mine are fake and don't work.

I suffer from recurring major depression , have a personality disorder of delusional paranoia. Of course I ACCEPT the findings, but I don't actually believe them. I play along cause that gets me by.

My Navy Shrink said that she could not believe that as sick as I was that I made it through Boot Camp, much less 16 years of service and the Rank of GySgt. But like I said I am a stubborn turd. I learned long ago how to fact check my paranoia and ignore my depression.

I am not afraid to die at all...in fact, as odd as this is gonna sound, I would embrace it.
They say if you're not happy with your life, you should change it....ahh....but people...come on, we all know, that's not exactly as easy as it sounds.

Are you unhappy with your life?

Yeah.

I'm sorry to hear that. Too personal to ask, or offer help, I suppose.
I can wish you luck dealing with things, though.
The good news is, all things pass with time...

Scared? Not really, but that's because of the spiritual beliefs (as well as a bit of science) that I've learned over the years.

Almost every major religion believes in some form of reincarnation, the Jews, Hindus, Buddhists to name just a few.

Additionally, there was a scientist in the 1800's who was investigating people dying to see if the soul had any weight. He had tuberculosis patients put onto beds that weighed them as they were dying, and he found that the 3 people that he was able to observe were 21 grams LIGHTER when they died.

Then.........there is the 1st law of Thermodynamics which state that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, and your entire nervous system is powered by electricity, your brain uses around 20 watts every second you're alive.

So, what happens when we die? Our soul leaves our meat suit and we go to wherever the soul goes to after it leaves your meat suit.

I don't really fear death, because I've gotten a lot of good experiences as well as have learned some really valuable lessons, and I feel pretty good about where I'll end up.

Remember...........you can't take money or possessions with you when you go, however YOU CAN take life lessons and experience.

How about you??

Naah, strange though how that many who call themselves Christian are the ones who are most afraid to go and tend to try anything to hang on.
This is based on my observations in life.

the poor brain dead girl in Girl in FL comes to mind and how those on the religious right fought tooth and nail to keep her body alive.

I do not believe in any for m of after life either. Dead is just the end to me.

Last edited:
I've been a nurse for nearly 30 years, primarily working with cancer patients. There are things out there far worse than death, so no ... I'm not afraid of dying.

I watched both of my parents die from cancer. Yup dying is preferable to living like that.

I want to leave this world the same way I came in; screaming, and covered in blood!
Afraid of dying? Not one bit. Living life unable to participate, terrifies me though.

Forum List

Back