Are you afraid of death/dying?

I already know when and how I will die and I am at peace with it.

78 years old. Shot by a 32 year old jealous husband.

I pray for death every night,
Because of the things I have seen.

Dark writhing masses in power,
Pulling on our strings.

They live and thrive on our pain,
They feed on our suffering.

I pray for death every night,
But no one is listening.

I've already thought about it and the easiest part will likely be the dying.

If I found out I had a dreaded disease and would die in 6 months, I would keep right on doing what I am doing. No regrets or longing to see, do things I have never done before because if I wanted it enough, I would have already done it.

This is not religious and doesn't have anything to do with the afterlife. Most people want to die peacefully but what if you saw your death about to happen? Would you do anything for a few more minutes/hours/days?

My philosophy is that now is the only thing you're absolutely sure you've got, so there's no percentage in waiting for "someday". So I try to live my life now, instead of putting it off until I have more money/I have more time/the kids are older/fill in the blank with your favorite excuse.

And while I'm afraid of dying, because it is nearly always painful and I don't like pain, I'm not afraid of being dead.

The answer is simply NO. I have come close to dying three times, and after the first time it no longer caused me any fear, aperhension maybe but not fear.

I believe what most people fear most is the unknown.

Back to the most painful death discussion...

This contraption might not result in the most painful death, but it would be the most gruesome to watch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMeb2-TSzNU]YouTube - One man log cutter splitter[/ame]

The answer is simply NO. I have come close to dying three times, and after the first time it no longer caused me any fear, aperhension maybe but not fear.

Well? What happened, did you see the tunnel and bright light?

Well? What happened, did you see the tunnel and bright light?

No, I did not experience any of that sort of thing.

Forum List

Back