Are you afraid of death/dying?

jgbkab

Relieved
Oct 28, 2008
SC
This is not religious and doesn't have anything to do with the afterlife. Most people want to die peacefully but what if you saw your death about to happen? Would you do anything for a few more minutes/hours/days?

depend on the scenario....if my living meant the death of someone else...who that someone is etc....but sure i think if you were given a die or live option...you would take live....

I mean like the people beheaded in the ME. Once you're captured, you pretty much know your fate. Would you be afraid in that scenario?

Death to me is intriguing but it's how I get there is what I fear the most. Plus, I will be worried about all the people I leave behind.

I mean like the people beheaded in the ME. Once you're captured, you pretty much know your fate. Would you be afraid in that scenario?

Death to me is intriguing but it's how I get there is what I fear the most. Plus, I will be worried about all the people I leave behind.

See, to me it's pointless to scream. So I wouldn't be of much use to them since I wouldn't fear them. I would however be more likely to be killed trying to escape, I don't do captivity well. But I would also take at least a couple out with me. I am a bitch IRL, cold hearted and callous as hell. I take pride in my freedom, and any terrorist unlucky enough to capture me, would not enjoy the outcome. But not screaming isn't a fear thing, it's a defiance and/or logic thing to me. The last time I cried from pain or abuse I was thirteen ... and that will be the last time I cry from such.

sure i would be terrified...i was listening to an interview ....the gi...said his greatest fear was capture....death would be slow and long

That's a whole different scenario. If i was the captive of murderous bastards that I thought might saw my head of with a small, dull blade, I think I would be likely to attempt some type of heroics. Like I might try to escape or failing that, concoct a way to try to take some of them with me. (Hoping that if death came, it would come in the form of a bullet rather than a knife.)

That's a whole different scenario. If i was the captive of murderous bastards that I thought might saw my head of with a small, dull blade, I think I would be likely to attempt some type of heroics. Like I might try to escape or failing that, concoct a way to try to take some of them with me. (Hoping that if death came, it would come in the form of a bullet rather than a knife.)

Doubt death by a bullet would be less painful unless it was to the skullbone.

Meh, beats kneeling while your head is slowly sawed off.

See, to me it's pointless to scream. So I wouldn't be of much use to them since I wouldn't fear them. I would however be more likely to be killed trying to escape, I don't do captivity well. But I would also take at least a couple out with me. I am a bitch IRL, cold hearted and callous as hell. I take pride in my freedom, and any terrorist unlucky enough to capture me, would not enjoy the outcome. But not screaming isn't a fear thing, it's a defiance and/or logic thing to me. The last time I cried from pain or abuse I was thirteen ... and that will be the last time I cry from such.

I think that if the people being beheaded wouldn't scream, the beheading would stop (easier said than done I'm sure). They would once just put bullets in their heads but their deaths seemed too peaceful. The terrifying part is the person screaming.

Anywho, being that death is a natural part of life and everyone knows they're going to die how do you feel about your upcoming death?

In real life? :lol:

Depends, if they hit the spine or artery soon enough, you'd die pretty painlessly, but if a bullet pierces your stomach and nothing else, that is suppose to hurt worse than anything.

Depends, if they hit the spine or artery soon enough, you'd die pretty painlessly, but if a bullet pierces your stomach and nothing else, that is suppose to hurt worse than anything.

How about death by ligation of jugular veins? Your head would just fill up with blood and pop.

Yeah, if they shoot you in the belly, you gotta get up and charge them. You'll be hating it if you don't. You have to just know that you must keep going until they kill you. I think if you start out with that in mind, you'll do ok.

I don't dwell on it because, what's the point? My plan is to live to be 100, just to see if I can. They could put me on the news, big deal and all, I'd get 15 minutes (give or take). Ooo, and cake. :D

I must say that when life is really crappy, it's reassuring to know we all share the same fate . . . eventually.

How about death by ligation of jugular veins? Your head would just fill up with blood and pop.

My recommendation is not to slow down enough for them to do that to you. :cool:

I don't think in cases of torture until death you really have much of a choice whether or not you scream, KK. Which is why people in those situations who LIVE describe hearing someone screaming and then realizing it's them. They don't even know they're doing it. And all the bravado about how you'd take a few with you, that's nice and touching and all but you honestly probably wouldn't be able to, I doubt you're Rambo.

I'm pretty good with pain, not a fan of the thought of torture, particularly any sort of beheading (gads).

But I'm not afraid of being dead. Not afraid of dying of any sort of natural causes, don't spend a lot of time stressing over painful accidents which may collect me to heaven.

Yeah, if they shoot you in the belly, you gotta get up and charge them. You'll be hating it if you don't. You have to just know that you must keep going until they kill you. I think if you start out with that in mind, you'll do ok.

Not the belly, the actual stomach, because then bile is poured into your belly and the single bullet hole isn't enough to let much out, so you basically begin digesting yourself.

I don't think in cases of torture until death you really have much of a choice whether or not you scream, KK. Which is why people in those situations who LIVE describe hearing someone screaming and then realizing it's them. They don't even know they're doing it. And all the bravado about how you'd take a few with you, that's nice and touching and all but you honestly probably wouldn't be able to, I doubt you're Rambo.

I'm pretty good with pain, not a fan of the thought of torture, particularly any sort of beheading (gads).

But I'm not afraid of being dead. Not afraid of dying of any sort of natural causes, don't spend a lot of time stressing over painful accidents which may collect me to heaven.

Actually, you always have the choice to scream, it's not involuntary. Do you think they show every single torture on film? They have probably killed more people and only show the ones that screamed ... since those who don't are worthless to them. People do avoid screaming in even horrible pain all the time, it's not impossible. You don't have to be "Rambo", screaming is just a common reaction. Many tense up, some people go into convulsions, others will pass out (which is oddly as common as screaming). It's the reaction you choose, whether knowingly or not, not an involuntary reflex.

New Topics

Forum List

Back