Are You Addicted To USMB?

oh bs. My real name is gunny. I earned it.:cool:

i'm sure it says 'gunny' on your birth certificate.

sign the petition for public release of gunny's birth certificate !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be willing to bet that if Gunny was running for President, it wouldn't take a petition and multiple law suits for Gunny to produce his.

There's only one logical reason "why" ANYBODY would hire a BATTERY of lawyers to HIDE their original BC, and that's because they have something to hide.

Last edited:
YES

I've been in Florida visiting the folks for 3 weeks and haven't even tried to layout in the sun to get a tan...my spare moments are spent here online!

NEVER would I have thought that it would come down to this!!!!! :D

Care

YES

I've been in Florida visiting the folks for 3 weeks and haven't even tried to layout in the sun to get a tan...my spare moments are spent here online!

Care

LOL ... it's hard to find interesting things IRL lately so I don't blame you.

YES

Care

It's hard to find interesting things IRL ? Are you kidding me ?

YES

Care

Well ... maybe not for everyone. I live in a big city of nothing but concrete and well ... asshats ... so yeah, I should have said I can understand how it's sometimes hard to find something interesting IRL.

Well ... maybe not for everyone. I live in a big city of nothing but concrete and well ... asshats ... so yeah, I should have said I can understand how it's sometimes hard to find something interesting IRL.

That's incredible sad but possibly a good commetary on the trend in society to prefer the virtual to the real.

That's incredible sad but possibly a good commetary on the trend in society to prefer the virtual to the real.

It depends, like all aspects of life there is a rainbow of "types". I am anti-social IRL, but online I like discussions, a combining of ideas and opinions without the hang ups of appearances (being blond and somewhat attractive no one takes me seriously when they talk to me in person, expecting me to be just a bimbo). Then there are those who are avoiding RL because of escapism (hard to tell the difference but I equate them to WoW players and the like who take those games too damned seriously). There are also the passerbys ... people who just come and go, never really staying long but posting when they have something to get off their chest, most likely lucky enough to have found something IRL that's interesting to do for them.

Other factors include how much computer time your work entails (mine is mostly computer time) and what hobbies you have (again mine is computers, mostly coding). The only types that annoy me are the keyboard commandos ... the ones that think they truly rule the internet and just don't care about IRL at all. To them, life is the internet, without it they'd be curled up in a corner mumbling to themselves all day. Me, I would prefer a rural life, without so much tech, I just can't get that life where I live.

How about that commentary? :lol: You asked ...

Hmm ... not sure with that attitude ... however, you know you love us.

Some more than others.

With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Wow, you really have me figured out... I'm just pure evil. :tongue:

And yet as I try to think back on all of our interactions the only thing I can recall that I've ever done to you, if you could call it that, is mention without ever using your name something we discussed via PM. If you hadn't made such a huge public stink about it no one would have known you were the other half of the conversation. And pretty much ever since then you've been shitty to me. Oh who am I kidding, even before that you were shitty to me and I kept on being nice to you.

I can only try to imagine how difficult your life must be having to drag around all the bitterness you bring to this board. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Some more than others.

And yet as I try to think back on all of our interactions the only thing I can recall that I've ever done to you, if you could call it that, is mention without ever using your name something we discussed via PM. If you hadn't made such a huge public stink about it no one would have known you were the other half of the conversation. And pretty much ever since then you've been shitty to me. Oh who am I kidding, even before that you were shitty to me and I kept on being nice to you.

I can only try to imagine how difficult your life must be having to drag around all the bitterness you bring to this board. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

No. You're not pure evil. You just have no idea how to befriend someone just on the basis of common humanity. You can't seem to just see me as human--I'm a lesbian but so what? I just happen to be a member of a minority--some class of people you're clearly ignorant about and have negative judgements you can't work out.

You peppered me repeatedly in pms, about personal topics I had no interest in discussing with you. You were very manipulative. You told me if I didn't want to discuss my sexuality with you then I must not have self-esteem. I have enough self-esteem to have clear boundaries. I don't talk about sex with strangers--especially teenagers. I asked Gunny to put a stop to it. He did. End of story. Get lost.

Last edited:

No. You're not pure evil. You just have no idea how to befriend someone just on the basis of common humanity. You can't seem to just see me as human--I'm a lesbian but so what? I just happen to be a member of a minority--some class of people you're clearly ignorant about and have negative judgements you can't work out.

You peppered me repeatedly in pms, about personal topics I had no interest in discussing with you. You were very manipulative. You told me if I didn't want to discuss my sexuality with you then I must not have self-esteem. I have enough self-esteem to have clear boundaries. I don't talk about sex with strangers--especially teenagers. I asked Gunny to put a stop to it. He did. End of story. Get lost.

OMG...

Thanks for doing so much to change my perceptions. I know it's not your job or anything but it really comes off as disingenuous that you say I'm so ignorant when I made a good faith effort to learn. And you slammed the door on me.

If "peppering" you means sending 1, then getting 1 back, then responding to that, etc. then, uh... ok, I guess I was really menacing. And I think you may be forgetting about how I said I wouldn't respond anymore unless you specifically said I should and then you continued to PM me YOUR hateful vitriol for days.

Oh yes, the Gunny incident. Yes, I remember that well. It had been AT LEAST 2 weeks since even you had sent me a PM (cos remember I had stopped responding to you) and you ran off to Gunny to have him make me stop. Stop what exactly at that point is pretty confusing because I hadn't even responded to your wacky posts on the board. Yeah, remember all those threads with Catz? I was there - responding - but not to you. When Gunny PMed to tell me to stop I was wondering if I was caught in some kind of time warp because it seemed you had quit the board in the intervening time... but I realize now that you come and go just for the attention.

Honestly, when I saw this thread title I thought of you.

I don't mean this in a mean or sarcastic way, but I seriously think you need to get some help. Your obsession with our past conversations is troubling, let it go, I have. I see you as a person in some kind of terrible pain and you're struggling to deal with it, but I don't think you've found a healthy way of dealing with it. I don't know how I can help you or I would. I've apologized to you, I stopped responding to your PMs when you asked me to. Is there something more I can do for you? Please let me know, it makes me sad to think you're hurting over our past.

OMG...

Thanks for doing so much to change my perceptions. I know it's not your job or anything but it really comes off as disingenuous that you say I'm so ignorant when I made a good faith effort to learn. And you slammed the door on me.

If "peppering" you means sending 1, then getting 1 back, then responding to that, etc. then, uh... ok, I guess I was really menacing. And I think you may be forgetting about how I said I wouldn't respond anymore unless you specifically said I should and then you continued to PM me YOUR hateful vitriol for days.

Oh yes, the Gunny incident. Yes, I remember that well. It had been AT LEAST 2 weeks since even you had sent me a PM (cos remember I had stopped responding to you) and you ran off to Gunny to have him make me stop. Stop what exactly at that point is pretty confusing because I hadn't even responded to your wacky posts on the board. Yeah, remember all those threads with Catz? I was there - responding - but not to you. When Gunny PMed to tell me to stop I was wondering if I was caught in some kind of time warp because it seemed you had quit the board in the intervening time... but I realize now that you come and go just for the attention.

I don't mean this in a mean or sarcastic way, but I seriously think you need to get some help. Your obsession with our past conversations is troubling, let it go, I have. I see you as a person in some kind of terrible pain and you're struggling to deal with it, but I don't think you've found a healthy way of dealing with it. I don't know how I can help you or I would. I've apologized to you, I stopped responding to your PMs when you asked me to. Is there something more I can do for you? Please let me know, it makes me sad to think you're hurting over our past.

Gunny read your pms at my request, because they were harassment. Then you pulled all this crap about me not wanting to be your 'friend'.

OMG...

Gunny read your pms at my request, because they were harassment. Then you pulled all this crap about me not wanting to be your 'friend'.

Ok whatever, Sky. I'm pretty sure that anyone that cares or remembers knows how the timeline went. If you want to keep this going you're going to need to do it without my help.

Forum List

Back