Are You Addicted To USMB?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I'd have to say I am. I don't think there's any "one" reason why either. It's a bunch of reasons, one of which, I get great joy out of letting liberals here what I have to say, and I know it grates on their nerves with intense displeasure... :lol:

So are you addicted, and why?

no...I could stop anytime I wanted to........I just don't want to...ya ...that's it...I just don't want to

I hear ya... the first thing I do when I sit down to my computer is check my email on my personal ISP account, then my yahoo account, then ebay, then here.... since May 8th, 2004... I could stop anytime I wanted too... :lol:

Seriously, this place has a pretty good cross section of people, and I find it really interesting to read what people have to say... and then respond.

no...I could stop anytime I wanted to........I just don't want to...ya ...that's it...I just don't want to

I hear ya... the first thing I do when I sit down to my computer is check my email on my personal ISP account, then my yahoo account, then ebay, then here.... since May 8th, 2004... I could stop anytime I wanted too... :lol:

Seriously, this place has a pretty good cross section of people, and I find it really interesting to read what people have to say... and then respond.

my routine is basically the same..except there is inevitable a coffee a joint involved

I work here so it kind of helps to be addicted. I stay because the benefit package that Gunny has put together is fantastic. However, del and I have already blown our signing bonuses on crack, strippers, and beer, so we are probably gonna start holding out soon for a new contract.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I work here so it kind of helps to be addicted. I stay because the benefit package that Gunny has put together is fantastic. However, del and I have already blown our signing bonuses on crack, strippers, and beer, so we are probably gonna start holding out soon for a new contract.

I need to start trying to get a mod job. :eek:

are all mods drukin.. coke head ..whore mongers or is it just you and guns ?

the life of a mod is intense..most people spend there time trying to stay.. out of tense conversations...but a mod spends his time trying to... get into tense conversations

......thats why I havent met a mod yet that wasnt on speed or coke.....

REPO-MAN

are all mods drukin.. coke head ..whore mongers or is it just you and guns ?

the life of a mod is intense..most people spend there time trying to stay.. out of tense conversations...but a mod spends his time trying to... get into tense conversations

......thats why I havent met a mod yet that wasnt on speed or coke.....

REPO-MAN

What can I say? Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Addicted? Me? Are you serious?

Isn't it true the the first step to recovery is admitting the addiction?

Yeah, I would say I am addicted to political message boards in general but not only USMB.

Why? Because I enjoy the discussions about political topics and I don't get that at home. Neither my wife nor my children are interested so I have to turn elsewhere.

I must say, that I enjoy the discussions most with people who don't agree with me because it is from them whom I learn the most. For instance, I have been involved in the "Science Under Attack in Texas" thread http://www.usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1130746 and found the discussions with YWN666, Coloradomtnman and N4mddescent (please forgive me if I misspelled handles) to be quite enjoyable and very pleasant. It has been nice to discuss the issue without any name calling. I salute the three of them and will admit to having learned a little bit about the issue from them.

Immie

Last edited:
I'd have to say I am. I don't think there's any "one" reason why either. It's a bunch of reasons, one of which, I get great joy out of letting liberals here what I have to say, and I know it grates on their nerves with intense displeasure... :lol:

So are you addicted, and why?

Because I enjoy giving you wingnuts heartburn.:lol:

my routine is basically the same..except there is inevitable a coffee a joint involved

How could I have missed the coffee... :eusa_eh: ... no joint though, but maybe a bowl later on. :D

Can I hang out with you guys? ... :lol:

I'm not addicted.

I only plan on writing on this board until I'm completely blind.

Why do I come here?

Well how many people do you think I'll met in a typical day who discuss these issues?

Bear in mind I live in a county which TWO stoplights in the whole damned county.

Waldo County Maine isn't exactly intelligensia central, folks

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I come here because the only people I usually surround myself with that are politically involved are people on my side of the fence that are doing volunteer campaign work or whatever. The next 8 weeks I'm going to be spending time with only people who are helping get a gubernatorial candidate nominated in NJ's republican primary. So if I want to talk with liberals, this is the place I have to come. Plus, some of you are pretty cool.

I'm not necessarily "addicted", but I probably won't ever leave for good.

I'm addicted to the computer in general.. I like USMB cause I enjoy arguing politics. My husband started bitching about how much time I spent on the computer so I got a router and bought him a computer and he shut the hell up. I don't sit on the computer non stop,, you'd be amazed at how much you can get done in short intervals away from the computer.. Thurs and Friday I completely sanded down on old cabiniet and restained it in between bouts on the computer.

A resounding YES from and about me!

I just love it here for some reason, I post here while working on my own site and even spend more time here than there as well, so yeah, addicted is a good word for it.

Forum List

Back