Are you a victim of Russia's 'troll army' ?

Are you a victim of Russia's 'troll army' ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • I didn't know about Russia's 'troll army' before

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
New Facebook tool tells users if they've liked or followed Russia's 'troll army'

Tool allows users to see if they have engaged with Russian propaganda entity the Internet Research Agency, but won’t reach millions already exposed to fake news.

Facebook has launched a new tool to allow users to see if they’ve liked or followed Russian propaganda accounts, though the feature likely won’t reach many of the millions of people exposed to fake news during US and UK elections.

Facebook on Friday quietly rolled out a new page that says, “How can I see if I’ve liked or followed a Facebook Page or Instagram account created by the Internet Research Agency?”, referencing the infamous Russian entity and “troll army” accused of trying to influence American elections and British politics on social media.

Because the feature only reveals if users directly liked or followed pages on Facebook or Instagram, it won’t alert users who viewed the propaganda on their news feeds or read the articles without actively following the accounts. The tool is also limited to pages associated with the Internet Research Agency (IRA) and doesn’t include other fake news purveyors.
New Facebook tool tells users if they've liked or followed Russia's 'troll army'

Tool allows users to see if they have engaged with Russian propaganda entity the Internet Research Agency, but won’t reach millions already exposed to fake news.

Facebook has launched a new tool to allow users to see if they’ve liked or followed Russian propaganda accounts, though the feature likely won’t reach many of the millions of people exposed to fake news during US and UK elections.

Facebook on Friday quietly rolled out a new page that says, “How can I see if I’ve liked or followed a Facebook Page or Instagram account created by the Internet Research Agency?”, referencing the infamous Russian entity and “troll army” accused of trying to influence American elections and British politics on social media.

Because the feature only reveals if users directly liked or followed pages on Facebook or Instagram, it won’t alert users who viewed the propaganda on their news feeds or read the articles without actively following the accounts. The tool is also limited to pages associated with the Internet Research Agency (IRA) and doesn’t include other fake news purveyors.
All is fake news except western obligatory articles?

I don't think I am, but then my only material social media presence is here. (I have an ID I created on one site similar to this one. I created that ID and used it a few times so I could determine whether its GUI is as sophisticated as this one. It's not.

Then again, if being a "victim" of Russian trolls includes having to occasionally endure reading procrustean formulations and illogical ideas, then, yes, I am a victim of the "Russian troll army."

Forum List

Back