Are you a "supporter"?

Do you excuse violence? Do you support threats? Do you support vandalism?

I don't...no matter who commits it. I will say that right now. Link any violence, threats, vandalism by any side, I will condemn it. Period.

How about you?

I condemn all forms of violence, threats and/or vandalism. This includes both forms: overt and covert. We all know what overt violence is - that's where I come over and smash you in the face with a tire iron. This kind of violence is easy to condemn - few would hesitate to do so.

But what about covert violence? What is that? Covert violence is supporting policies that condone violence or opposing policies that seek to stamp it out. Example? The conservative position on hate crime legislation. The cons loudly scream that hate crime legislation "vioates Equal Protection" and/or "punishes thought crimes" (the two, most popular right wing talking points in this area). In other words, they oppose hate crime legislation for ostensibly valid (but actually pretentious) reasons and, in so doing, are endorsing violence against groups they have never been too happy with in the first instance, i.e., members of racial and religious minorities and gays.

So, before all you good folks who are roundly condemning violence on this thread, get too puffed up over your empathy and love for your fellow man, ask youselves: am I also opposed to covert violence as well?

Nope, never spent a day in jail or been arrested for anything. I've always been a productive member of society who has kept my nose clean. But I know of some reformed criminals who put your average citizen to shame.

yet you still label them as criminals. hmmm

I believe I referred to them as reformed criminals. Hmmmmmm. You're not a very discerning person are you?

I am discerning enough not to hire a fucking criminal reformed or not.

I do not support threats, violence, theft, etc.

Lots of thefts around here lately. However I am not bothered much as most of the area is convinced that that crazy old man will kill your ass if you bother him.
I dont give out crap not do I take any.

I don't...no matter who commits it. I will say that right now. Link any violence, threats, vandalism by any side, I will condemn it. Period.

How about you?

Just like you, I let the government do my dirty work.

I believe I referred to them as reformed criminals. Hmmmmmm. You're not a very discerning person are you?

"Fucking" criminals? Why didn't you say fucking criminals. That's a completely different thing. ;)

Because criminals are the scum of the fucking earth my friend.

So fucking criminal is an appropriate term.

How about you?
So you are siding with Glenn Beck, Sure you dont want to rethink this?

We should all be thankful anytime Glen Beck has a brush with lucidity.

I would say the exact same thing about you.

"Fucking" criminals? Why didn't you say fucking criminals. That's a completely different thing. ;)

Not all criminals are fucking criminals. Fucking criminals are sex criminals and so far nothing has be shown to work for reforming them.

I hate thieves.
Too bad you can't legally shoot em here in KY unless they are threatening you or are in you home.

Not all criminals are fucking criminals. Fucking criminals are sex criminals and so far nothing has be shown to work for reforming them.

So if I say you're a fucking asshole, you are literally copulating at the time?

How about you?

I don't quite understand what you are saying. Do you excuse violence or not?

we should have ZERO tolerance against VIOLENT CRIMMINAL acts.....and VIOLENT people should be treated with EXTREAME PREDJUDICE.....MAXIMUM sentences....serve every minute....no more saying the poor bastard was abused as a kid...fuck em....you should know better,i dont care how many times your dad slapped you around...does that make sense? :eusa_eh:....

How about you?

I don't quite understand what you are saying. Do you excuse violence or not?

Of course not, but I'm afraid that many in this country look the other way when the government does it. Here's a great analogy for you to ponder. I've already posted something like this a couple times, but it's worth repeating. Perhaps you can tell me if you truly excuse violence or not.

Say you are a person out on the street who sees a SICK homeless person living on a grate. You figure the person needs at least a thousand dollars for food, shelter and health care. You decide to give this person $1000.

What is the "noble" thing for you to do? Give the person $1000 out of your OWN money. That is the "noble", self-sacrificing, "moral" thing to do, if you believe that is the way to help this person. Or you could offer to take the person to a doctor/hospital, and directly pay the bill--along with taking the person home for dinner, and providing a room. That would avoid the problem of what the person would do with money. Even more to the point, you could join with Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, George Soros and other like minded individuals to set up a PRIVATE ORGANIZATION to efficiently deliver health care, food, housing, and other necessities to the poor.

However, let's say you decide to get a gun. Then you go out and find some prosperous looking individual and ROB him (armed robbery) of $1000. Then you go to the poor, homeless person and give him the $1000, thereby feeling good about yourself.

Is this "moral" conduct on your part? Nope. Yet, that is exactly what the Federal Government does when it takes money from the "rich" and gives that money to the "poor". And good citizens like yourself somehow think that this is acceptable.

Forum List

Back