Are you a "supporter"?

Context matters.

I support (or do not object to) the use of violence in matters of self and home defense, to prevent someone from being assaulted, or to subdue a criminal who is violently resisting arrest.

The same concept applies on a national level. When the government becomes The Tyrant, armed resistance is a moral alternative. I hope we don't get to that point - but if things continue down the present Statist path, it is looking more plausible.

Only sheep are going to sit idly by while the government shreds The Constitution and enacts regulations to Control The People.

Yep, first it was the Republicans desire to "protect" us by reading our email and text messages and listening to our phone conversations. Then it was the Democrats desire to "protect" our health by forcing us to buy insurance. Personal liberty just keeps sliding down the slope of Government nannyship from both parties, doesn't it?
The sheep are in vougue, look at how many support what just happened, as well as the patriot act and other less then kosher things.

Yep, it just depends on which brand of "security" people are willing to trade their liberty for, isn't it? :eusa_whistle:

OOHH intelligent reply.

Given your stoopid assed comment, it seemed that a simple response would be all you could understand.......and it was appropriate. You comment is bull shit.

Says you

What's the matter are you a so called reformed criminal?

Nope, never spent a day in jail or been arrested for anything. I've always been a productive member of society who has kept my nose clean. But I know of some reformed criminals who put your average citizen to shame.

Given your stoopid assed comment, it seemed that a simple response would be all you could understand.......and it was appropriate. You comment is bull shit.

Says you

Nope, never spent a day in jail or been arrested for anything. I've always been a productive member of society who has kept my nose clean. But I know of some reformed criminals who put your average citizen to shame.

yet you still label them as criminals. hmmm

Well what some of these pansy ass libbies are calling threats are really no such thing. I head some of the tapes and really I got told worse when I was working a a telemarketer.
And the broken windows at congressman's offices?

And when someone tells you "I hope you die" as part of a message protesting your decision, can that be dismissed as youthful exuberance?

The threats were real. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but you guys are the ones who love your guns to the point of being indifferent to the suffering of others. You guys were the ones who embrace the militia movements and spawned Timmy McVeigh and his truckload of death.

Exactly where were you when Stupak was getting the same threats when he was against the bill?

Just checked...didnt see any thread on THOSE threats.

Looking for you posts about the threats against Rush Limbaugh (the blowhard in my eyes BTW).....any condemnation from you on those threats?

How about the threats Sarah Palin got? Sawe threads on them......wondering if you condemned THOSE threats. Did you?

Shall I continue or am I making you feel like a lowly life form right now.

Just curious.

Becuase members of the Weather Underground may have paid their debt to society, but time served does not always mean they learned to repent their acts of violence...

And before one considers them "upstanding citizens again", they should ensure they repent thier actions.

You ARE aware of how many of those jailed for crimes and "pay thier debt to society" return to crime?

As for me...I hired a man right out of jail who begged me for a second chance in life.

And he stole from me.

And I certainly condemn that. It's horrible and I hope he was caught and put back in prison for it.

Nope. He was not imprisoned. He was fired and I gave him 2 weeks severence out of pity....and asked that he realize that there is a better way...

Never saw the man again....and yes, I pity the fact that he resorted to crime to survive.

Then there was another employee who forged signatures of my client and not only cost me several thousands of dollars buyt also cost me a very important client.

I DID reprot it and she was arrested.

She copped a deal and was let off in return for restitution to me for the amount she embezzeled.

Now it is 10 years later and I have not seen a dime.......and not worth the effort to get it.

I am very sorry to hear that you were ripped off like that and have not be compensated by her.

Well what some of these pansy ass libbies are calling threats are really no such thing. I head some of the tapes and really I got told worse when I was working a a telemarketer.

And when someone tells you "I hope you die" as part of a message protesting your decision, can that be dismissed as youthful exuberance?

The threats were real. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but you guys are the ones who love your guns to the point of being indifferent to the suffering of others. You guys were the ones who embrace the militia movements and spawned Timmy McVeigh and his truckload of death.

Exactly where were you when Stupak was getting the same threats when he was against the bill?

I definitely condemn any threats against Stupak at any time by either side.

Looking for you posts about the threats against Rush Limbaugh (the blowhard in my eyes BTW).....any condemnation from you on those threats?

I condemn any threats of violence against Rush Limbaugh. I don't like him and think he should have been tried for abuse of prescription drugs...but I condemn threats of violence against him.

How about the threats Sarah Palin got? Sawe threads on them......wondering if you condemned THOSE threats. Did you?

I most certainly condemn any and all threats against Sarah Palin and her family. I don't like her, would not ever vote for her, and think she is totally unqualified for office. But threats are WAAAY out of line.

Just curious.

Bring more examples and I will condemn them. Will everyone else?

Last edited:

I condemn any threats of violence against Rush Limbaugh. I don't like him and think he should have been tried for abuse of prescription drugs...but I condemn threats of violence against him.

pquote]How about the threats Sarah Palin got? Sawe threads on them......wondering if you condemned THOSE threats. Did you?

I most certainly condemn any and all threats against Sarah Palin and her family. I don't like her, would not ever vote for her, and think she is totally unqualified for office. But threats are WAAAY out of line.

Just curious.

Bring more examples and I will condemn them. Will everyone else?[/QUOTE]

The point is....any rational human being will condemn acts of violence when they are asked to.

It is irrational to expect every human being to publicly condemn every act of violence when it happens...many of us dont say a word unless asked as it obviously reprehensible....and no reason to stand up out of the blue and condemen it.

Yet for some reason, becuase a republican...ANY republican...did not make a public statetment condemning the acts, then they must support them in the eyes of many on this shit ass board.

SO I must ask...I did not hear Caroline Kennedy make a statement condemning the acts....so does she support them?

I did not hear Bill CLinton publicly condemn them...so he too MUST support them?

Dont you all see....our politicians have us duking it out agauinst each other for THEIR political expediency...

And we are accommodating them.

WE ARE THE ASSHOLES IN AMERICA.......not the poiliticians.

WE ENABLE THEM.

Sort of a personal responsibility thing.

pquote]How about the threats Sarah Palin got? Sawe threads on them......wondering if you condemned THOSE threats. Did you?

Just curious.

Bring more examples and I will condemn them. Will everyone else?

The point is....any rational human being will condemn acts of violence when they are asked to.

It is irrational to expect every human being to publicly condemn every act of violence when it happens...many of us dont say a word unless asked as it obviously reprehensible....and no reason to stand up out of the blue and condemen it.

Yet for some reason, becuase a republican...ANY republican...did not make a public statetment condemning the acts, then they must support them in the eyes of many on this shit ass board.

SO I must ask...I did not hear Caroline Kennedy make a statement condemning the acts....so does she support them?

I did not hear Bill CLinton publicly condemn them...so he too MUST support them?

Dont you all see....our politicians have us duking it out agauinst each other for THEIR political expediency...

And we are accommodating them.

WE ARE THE ASSHOLES IN AMERICA.......not the poiliticians.

WE ENABLE THEM.

Sort of a personal responsibility thing.[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for myself. And I AM speaking for myself in condemning violence by either side. And I find it puzzling to see that some find it too difficult to speak for themselves in this regard.

And memebers of the Weather Undergorund that commited serious acts of DOCUMENTED violence are now deemed as respected scholars.

Where is the outrage for that?
Were the members of the Weather Underground arrested, charged, prosecuted and sentenced?

If prison time is served, does 'debt to society' mean anything, or is it a sack to carry grudges around in?

Well so far no Republican or Tea Party member has been arrested, charged or prsecuted and or sentenced. Therefore they are not violent.. I'm glad you provided some guidelines to the discussion.

I certainly do excuse violence in certain situations. In defense of family, friends, liberty, etc.

I dont see justifications for threats. I don't support vandalism.

I simply hate the one sided condemnation.

And memebers of the Weather Undergorund that commited serious acts of DOCUMENTED violence are now deemed as respected scholars.

Where is the outrage for that?
Were the members of the Weather Underground arrested, charged, prosecuted and sentenced?

If prison time is served, does 'debt to society' mean anything, or is it a sack to carry grudges around in?

Well so far no Republican or Tea Party member has been arrested, charged or prsecuted and or sentenced. Therefore they are not violent.. I'm glad you provided some guidelines to the discussion.

lol....well done

Do you excuse violence? Do you support threats? Do you support vandalism?

I don't...no matter who commits it. I will say that right now. Link any violence, threats, vandalism by any side, I will condemn it. Period.

How about you?
So you are siding with Glenn Beck, Sure you dont want to rethink this?

I don't...no matter who commits it. I will say that right now. Link any violence, threats, vandalism by any side, I will condemn it. Period.

How about you?

If Glenn Beck is saying what I am saying about violence/vandalism/threats on both sides...glad to see he agrees with me.

Anyone who is invoking the example of the American Revolution as justifiable, then and now, in principle, is supporting violence.

We were violent to occupiers. We were at war for all intents and purposes.

Comparing this to the AR is naive.

This is violence that should be condemned.

We can be angry at our politicians. It is part of our republic.

We are not at war with our politiicans.

How about you?

If Glenn Beck is saying what I am saying about violence/vandalism/threats on both sides...glad to see he agrees with me.

You would find you agree with him more often then not if you listened and watched .

You would find you agree with him more often then not if you listened and watched .

You would certainly say one thing to yourself.....something he suggested all do...

"what if he is right?

How about you?

We should all be thankful anytime Glen Beck has a brush with lucidity.

Says you

yet you still label them as criminals. hmmm

I believe I referred to them as reformed criminals. Hmmmmmm. You're not a very discerning person are you?

New Topics

Forum List

Back