Are you a "supporter"?

bodecea

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Will.Trade.Racists.For.Refugees
Do you excuse violence? Do you support threats? Do you support vandalism?

I don't...no matter who commits it. I will say that right now. Link any violence, threats, vandalism by any side, I will condemn it. Period.

How about you?

I don't...no matter who commits it. I will say that right now. Link any violence, threats, vandalism by any side, I will condemn it. Period.

How about you?

Of course I dont support it.

However, I am a realist. We are a countrey of 300 million and there will always be a few that are "out there".

I simply dont tie them in with any particular group.

How about you?
I would like to find some archival video of the reactions folks had on May 5, 1970 the day after the National Guard murdered students on the Kent State University campus in northeast Ohio. Folks were saying the Guardsmen should have shot more students!

These folks were 'establishment' types~ what we called the Conservatives back during the 1960s.

Now, these same establishment types are quick to point out that:

1) the threats of violence and the acts of violence committed against the congressmen were committed by radical fringe kooks, not the mainstream of the Conservative/Corporate movement

2) what threats there were, and what violence was committed certainly aren't serious enough to investigate or prosecute.

Makes me wonder why they would have shot more innocent students in 1970 and ignore the violence of 2010.

I strongly agree. I condemn violence from any and all sources, from inside and outside the country.

Threats of violence should be treated harshly, but fairly, as any 'just civilized' society would do.

Retribution, if one feels it is justified against our so-called leaders, should be at the ballot box.

• Banned

How about you?

However, I am a realist. We are a countrey of 300 million and there will always be a few that are "out there".

I do not understand how being a realist and understanding that it DOES happen has anything to do with some hesitating to CONDEMN such violence, such threats, such vandalism.

And memebers of the Weather Undergorund that commited serious acts of DOCUMENTED violence are now deemed as respected scholars.

Where is the outrage for that?
Were the members of the Weather Underground arrested, charged, prosecuted and sentenced?

If prison time is served, does 'debt to society' mean anything, or is it a sack to carry grudges around in?

You pretty much decided to sit in judgement before you started the thread, so whatever.

How about you?

I do not understand how being a realist and understanding that it DOES happen has anything to do with some hesitating to CONDEMN such violence, such threats, such vandalism.

Who is hesitating to condemn it?

Good question. Are you?

And memebers of the Weather Undergorund that commited serious acts of DOCUMENTED violence are now deemed as respected scholars.

Were the members of the Weather Underground arrested, charged, prosecuted and sentenced?

If prison time is served, does 'debt to society' mean anything, or is it a sack to carry grudges around in?

Becuase members of the Weather Underground may have paid their debt to society, but time served does not always mean they learned to repent their acts of violence...

And before one considers them "upstanding citizens again", they should ensure they repent thier actions.

You ARE aware of how many of those jailed for crimes and "pay thier debt to society" return to crime?

As for me...I hired a man right out of jail who begged me for a second chance in life.

And he stole from me.

Becuase members of the Weather Underground may have paid their debt to society, but time served does not always mean they learned to repent their acts of violence...

And before one considers them "upstanding citizens again", they should ensure they repent thier actions.

You ARE aware of how many of those jailed for crimes and "pay thier debt to society" return to crime?

As for me...I hired a man right out of jail who begged me for a second chance in life.

And he stole from me.

And I certainly condemn that. It's horrible and I hope he was caught and put back in prison for it.

Good question. Are you?

I condemn any act of violence that is not warranted (such as war).

I condemn any threat of violence such as what Stupak claims to have received.

I do not blame any one group for any violence unless that group sanction the act.

I do not blame the war protesters of the 60's for the act of the Weather Underground.

But I condemn the act of the Weather Underground.

Context matters.

I support (or do not object to) the use of violence in matters of self and home defense, to prevent someone from being assaulted, or to subdue a criminal who is violently resisting arrest.

The same concept applies on a national level. When the government becomes The Tyrant, armed resistance is a moral alternative. I hope we don't get to that point - but if things continue down the present Statist path, it is looking more plausible.

Only sheep are going to sit idly by while the government shreds The Constitution and enacts regulations to Control The People.

How about you?

I support any American's right to say any stupid assed thing they want to say. I also support them getting called on it and suffering the consequences of their stupid assed words and actions. You are free to call my wife a bitch, but you might lose a few teeth in the process.

And he stole from me.
Who then sits as the arbiter of repentance? If deeds are repentance, perhaps service to children by becoming a teacher may serve as repentance. But, who can tell? There are no legal thresholds for repentance. You are imposing a non-existent standard.

Context matters.

I support (or do not object to) the use of violence in matters of self and home defense, to prevent someone from being assaulted, or to subdue a criminal who is violently resisting arrest.

The same concept applies on a national level. When the government becomes The Tyrant, armed resistance is a moral alternative. I hope we don't get to that point - but if things continue down the present Statist path, it is looking more plausible.

Only sheep are going to sit idly by while the government shreds The Constitution and enacts regulations to Control The People.

Seems to me you are qualifying your condemnation. Are you?

And he stole from me.

Once a criminal always a criminal.

The only crime i could ever see forgiving is one committed in self defense.

Anyone committing a crime other than for self defense gets no sympathy from me....ever.

Forum List

Back