Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I used to be

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • I never have

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
I quit smoking 5 years ago. I tried to quit for over a decade and a half. Finally made it.

Nicotine has a vicious, vicious grip. Like that kitty in the vid.

• Banned
I quit in September of 1980. I may have had a drunken slip or two a couple of times after, but I never bought another pack, and I know I haven't had a cigarette for way more than 25 years.

I dropped a 2 1/2 pack a day habit cold turkey in 1979 for two reasons.

1. The price of Cigarettes went up to 50 cents a pack and I wasn't going to pay that.

2. My wife was pregnant with my oldest daughter.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I remember buying two cartons every payday for less than $12. And same - I quit because I was reading a book that said smoking could cause fetal brain damage and lowered birth weight.

Girl was 9lb, 5oz. I coulda done with some lowered birth weight.

I quit smoking 5 years ago. I tried to quit for over a decade and a half. Finally made it.

Nicotine has a vicious, vicious grip. Like that kitty in the vid.

If there is anything as addictive as nicotine, I do not ever want to encounter that substance.

One or two cigarettes over the day during the week and a couple of joints over the weekend. I've never been a twenty+ per day man, though. I only ever smoke heavily when I'm drinking.

My Mom and Dad quit in the 60's.

In the late 80's I heard my Dad yell to my Mom: "Where the hell did I put my cigs!"

Addiction makes you it's bitch. I've been double checking all things I do to make sure it has low impact on the rest of my life.

I only ever smoke heavily when I'm drinking.

Yeah, there is something about cigarettes and booze. Booze force multiplies smoking. I chain smoked whenever I was drinking. It's like suicide squared!

Forum List

Back