Are you a ‘production and nonsupervisory’ worker? Your wages are falling

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'The average hourly wage paid to a key group of American workers has fallen from last year when accounting for inflation, as an economy that appears strong by several measures continues to fail to create bigger paychecks, the federal government said Tuesday.

For workers in “production and nonsupervisory” positions, the value of the average paycheck has actually declined in the past year. For those workers, average “real wages” – a measure of pay that takes inflation into account – fell from $22.62 in May 2017 to $22.59 in May 2018, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said.

This pool of workers includes those in manufacturing and construction jobs, as well as all “nonsupervisory” workers in service industries such health care or fast food. The group accounts for about four-fifths of the privately employed workers in America, according to BLS.

Without adjusting for inflation, these “nonsupervisory” workers saw their average hourly earnings jump 2.8 percent from last year. But that was not enough to keep pace with the 2.9 percent increase in inflation, which economists attributed to rising gas prices.'

For 'production and nonsupervisory' workers, wages drop

The government source for the above article (go down to the third and fourth stats from the bottom under 'May 2018'):

Table A-2. Current and real (constant 1982-1984 dollars) earnings for production and nonsupervisory employees on private nonfarm payrolls, seasonally adjusted

And before Trumpbots start trying to spin the stats like crazy? Remember, these are official government statistics from the same source (the BLS) that tabulates the U-3 (official unemployment rate) that you and Trump have been bragging about for months.

Last edited:
22.62 down to 22.59? Since when did 3 cents fucking matter with inflation? Oh, that is because it does not. You DON'T understand a fuckin thing about money. Like offsets on your interest earned or your 401K.

Allow me to call on a respected member in regards to this foolishness.

william the wie

• Banned
22.62 down to 22.59? Since when did 3 cents fucking matter with inflation? Oh, that is because it does not. You DON'T understand a fuckin thing about money. Like offsets on your interest earned or your 401K.

Allow me to call on a respected member in regards to this foolishness.

william the wie

1) Are you saying that the government statistics are true or false?

2) And if true, are you saying that it is good or bad that production and nonsupervisory’ worker's pay is not keeping pace with the CPI?

Last edited:
  • Banned
Douchelord McTarded sez wut?

All I did was post an article and the link to back them up.

The fact that you - an old, stupid, un-American, nazi-like, emotionally retarded Trumpbot has got ZERO stats to disprove the one's I posted just proves even more how pissed off you are at this thread (whether you deny it or not).
Plus, you keep pushing this thread to the top of the list...which is what I want.

Thank you.

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

BTW - John Wayne for an avatar? LOLOL Nothing screams out loud and clear 'I-am-REALLY-old-and-stupid-and-TOTALLY-out-of-touch-with-reality' like using the picture of an actor who has been dead for almost 40 years; as one's avatar.

LOLOL

Last edited:
But a Big Mac goes up 25 cents because of a minimum wage increase and they freak out.

3 cents an hour loss in wages in the last year!!

It's all because of that evil nazi Trump trying to keep the worker down, and stealing that 3 cents for himself.

He needs to be impeached!! .... :rolleyes:

Douchelord McTarded sez wut?

All I did was post an article and the link to back them up.

The fact that you - an old, stupid, un-American, nazi-like, emotionally retarded Trumpbot has got ZERO stats to disprove the one's I posted just proves even more how pissed off you are at this thread (whether you deny it or not).
Plus, you keep pushing this thread to the top of the list...which is what I want.

Thank you.

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

BTW - John Wayne for an avatar? LOLOL Nothing screams out loud and clear 'I-am-REALLY-old-and-stupid-and-TOTALLY-out-of-touch-with-reality' like using the picture of an actor who has been dead for almost 40 years; as one's avatar.

LOLOL

I got $1 that says you worry about Surplus labor value, McFaggot.

You know who worries about Surplus Labor Value?

People that don't work. Ironic, no?

But Inflation And The Value Of The Dollar Is Fluid
It Changes Up & Down Over The Course Of Every Year

Sorry, But Everyone Making $30 An Hour Is Impractical
And Would Cause Even More Problems
Like The Way Merchants Priced Commodoties
At Every Gold Rush Locale

In An Episode Of All In The Family
Arch's Union Got A 3% Raise, But Inflation At The Time Was 7%
Meathead Surmised That Arch Really Got A 4% CUT In Pay !!

But Inflation Won't Stay At 7% Over The Three-Year Contract Period
And Inflation Doesn't Always Go UP
And The Value Of The Dollar Doesn't Always Go DOWN

As America Continues To Recover And Prosper
So Will We All
People Should Look At Their Pay As An Investment In Themselves
Instead Of As An End In Itself

Another important aspect is that mass illegal immigration suppresses wages for the unskilled Democrat workers.

'The average hourly wage paid to a key group of American workers has fallen from last year when accounting for inflation, as an economy that appears strong by several measures continues to fail to create bigger paychecks, the federal government said Tuesday.

For workers in “production and nonsupervisory” positions, the value of the average paycheck has actually declined in the past year. For those workers, average “real wages” – a measure of pay that takes inflation into account – fell from $22.62 in May 2017 to $22.59 in May 2018, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said.

This pool of workers includes those in manufacturing and construction jobs, as well as all “nonsupervisory” workers in service industries such health care or fast food. The group accounts for about four-fifths of the privately employed workers in America, according to BLS.

Without adjusting for inflation, these “nonsupervisory” workers saw their average hourly earnings jump 2.8 percent from last year. But that was not enough to keep pace with the 2.9 percent increase in inflation, which economists attributed to rising gas prices.'

For 'production and nonsupervisory' workers, wages drop

The government source for the above article (go down to the third and fourth stats from the bottom under 'May 2018'):

Table A-2. Current and real (constant 1982-1984 dollars) earnings for production and nonsupervisory employees on private nonfarm payrolls, seasonally adjusted

And before Trumpbots start trying to spin the stats like crazy? Remember, these are official government statistics from the same source (the BLS) that tabulates the U-3 (official unemployment rate) that you and Trump have been bragging about for months.
I'll take your 3 cents and raise you five imbecile.

Forum List

Back