Are You A Member Of The NRA...?

Are you a member of the NRA...?

• Total voters
Hi there!

Lifetime Member. I enjoy the magazine more for its review of firearms than the politics. Getting preached to while being in the choir gets annoying at times.

I never believed that citizens should own ammunition that can pierce a bullet proof vest, nor a handgun that can make it past a metal detector.

Wow, that's has to be the most ignorant statement regarding firearms I've heard...ever.

First, any standard hunting ammunition larger than a .22lr fired from a rifle will easily penetrate a "bullet proof" vest. Those vest are bullet resistant to handguns only. Are you calling for all ammunition that can be fired from a rifle to be banned?

Secondly, there is no such thing as a sidearm that can "make it past a metal detector". In the movies, sure, but not in real life.

You really should not comment on that which you are so clearly ignorant.

I don't believe that citizens should carry concealed weapons because the citizenry is not responsibly trained to do that.

In my personal experience, firearms enthusiasts are far better trained than any police department personnel. That is absolutely the case at my local IPSC and IDPA matches. More importantly, we know that across the nation, as the rate of conceal carry permits rise, the rate of violent crime decreases at a faster pace than the decline we're experiencing across the nation. Read John Lott:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less-Crime-Understanding/dp/0226493636]Amazon.com: More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws (Studies in Law and Economics) (9780226493633): John R. Lott Jr.: Books[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back