Are you a living being if you have a movie credit?

Jimmyeatworld

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2004
America
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1992403/

This is the IMDB page for Benjamin Flora, born February 24, 2005. While still in the womb, a sonogram of Benjamin was used in the movie "A Distant Thunder", and the movie makers gave him a credit in the movie.

If you are living enough to get a movie credit, aren't you living enough to have the right not to be scrambled into non-existence?

Hagbard Celine said:
Shouldn't the decision really be left up to the woman the baby is growing on?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, the woman makes her choice when she lets a man stick his penis inside of her.

Hagbard Celine said:

No, that is like saying shouldn't the decision of whether to allow it to live outside the womb be dependant on the people it is dependant on. Simply because another human is dependant on another for life doesn't make them part of the other person.

Hagbard Celine said:

Growing in, not growing on.

And the opinion of the mother as to whether her baby is a living being has no bearing on the truth of the matter. Either the baby is a living being, or the baby isn't a living being, regardless of the mother's opinion on the matter.

no1tovote4 said:
No, that is like saying shouldn't the decision of whether to allow it to live outside the womb be dependant on the people it is dependant on. Simply because another human is dependant on another for life doesn't make them part of the other person.

Exactly. A baby is dependant on one person or another for many months after birth. They can't clothe themselves, they can't feed themselves, they can't wipe their own butt. I don't know of any court in this country that would uphold the right to crack a two month old in the head and put it in a dumpster.

So you guys think that society and the government should be able to dictate a personal decision about a woman's body that will control the outcome of her life?

Hmmm, seems kinda totalitarian to me. I think the Chinese do that. And I think Hitler did something like that too. But what do I know right? :huh::laugh:

Jimmyeatworld said:
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1992403/

This is the IMDB page for Benjamin Flora, born February 24, 2005. While still in the womb, a sonogram of Benjamin was used in the movie "A Distant Thunder", and the movie makers gave him a credit in the movie.

If you are living enough to get a movie credit, aren't you living enough to have the right not to be scrambled into non-existence?

Are you really using a movie credit in the debate over abortion? IMDB gives Lassie a movie credit. There's PLENTY of good arguments against abortion... this is not one of them.

Hagbard Celine said:
So you guys think that society and the government should be able to dictate a personal decision about a woman's body that will control the outcome of her life?

No. Society and the Government should dictate what decisions that woman makes about the body growing inside her, however, when it comes to 'life' or 'death'.

Hmmm, seems kinda totalitarian to me. I think the Chinese do that. And I think Hitler did something like that too. But what do I know right? :huh::laugh:

Translation:
Hi. I am Hagbard Celine. In order to distract you from the fact I am not presenting any rational arguments FOR allowing mothers to kill their infants at will, I'll make a ridiculous statement comparing pro-life policy to that of Nazis.

Hagbard Celine said:

What a crock of shit.

If saying a baby shouldn't be murdered just because the mother can't keep her knees together makes me totalitarian in your world, so be it.

Hmmm, kinda seems to me Hitler was on the side of exterminating people because they were "inconvienient". But what do you know?

Hagbard Celine said:
No, we simply don't think that the woman has the right to dictate the decision for another life. There is a large difference.

The Chinese force them to have abortions, or they used to. Hitler didn't do anything of the sort. Attempting to equate all people who are pro-life to Hitler is simply disingenuous, inaccurate, and baseless on every level.

Anyway, I believe that we should require that the doctor remove the fetus and attempt to save its life. This would create a whole new medical science that would end with enormous benefit to society of allowing women an actual choice rather than the farcical "choice" of killing or incubating. Women could then actually choose to carry a baby naturally, or to have it incubated outside the womb or to have it removed to incubate for another couple who are childless. Ease restrictions on adoption and these children could be cared for rather than deemed worthless before their potential is realized.

Hagbard Celine said:

No. The woman has the right to murder her child. So long as the government doesnt fund it. Thats been my stance all along. IF they want abortions done by Planned Parenthood and the like, then have those facilities pay for their own funding privately. Not through government funding.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=\SpecialReports\archive\200501\SPE20050118a.html

If they can't float as a private business then tough luck. BTW, i feel the same for the airlines, big corporations that file for bankcruptcy to avoid paying dividends etc. You can't hack it, dont come crying to the government for a handout.

Hagbard Celine said:

Hitler ate breakfast too, didn't he? BOYCOTT BREAKFAST - HITLER ATE BREAKFAST!!!

The ClayTaurus said:
Are you really using a movie credit in the debate over abortion? IMDB gives Lassie a movie credit. There's PLENTY of good arguments against abortion... this is not one of them.

Lassie is also a living being.

Actually, the topic was it was just a springboard inspired by a post in another thread anyway.

And I will add, this makes more sense than most arguments in favor of abortion.

Jimmyeatworld said:

Actually, the topic was it was just a springboard inspired by a post in another thread anyway.

Link?

Jimmyeatworld said:

If somebody were to kill lassie, they'd go to jail. If somebody "other than the mother or a doctor" kills an infant, they are praised for being 'progressive enough to choose."

dmp said:
If somebody were to kill lassie, they'd go to jail. If somebody "other than the mother or a doctor" kills an infant, they are praised for being 'progressive enough to choose."

Dogs get put down every day. If a dog is found wandering around without a home, it's killed.

Look I get the point, the fetus grows into a human. Fine. Using a movie credit to prove the point? Really?

Forum List

Back