Are you a living being if you have a movie credit?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Jimmyeatworld, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1992403/

This is the IMDB page for Benjamin Flora, born February 24, 2005. While still in the womb, a sonogram of Benjamin was used in the movie "A Distant Thunder", and the movie makers gave him a credit in the movie.

If you are living enough to get a movie credit, aren't you living enough to have the right not to be scrambled into non-existence?

2. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Shouldn't the decision really be left up to the woman the baby is growing on?

3. Jimmyeatworld

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I've said it before, I'll say it again, the woman makes her choice when she lets a man stick his penis inside of her.

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    No, that is like saying shouldn't the decision of whether to allow it to live outside the womb be dependant on the people it is dependant on. Simply because another human is dependant on another for life doesn't make them part of the other person.

5. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Growing in, not growing on.

And the opinion of the mother as to whether her baby is a living being has no bearing on the truth of the matter. Either the baby is a living being, or the baby isn't a living being, regardless of the mother's opinion on the matter.

6. Jimmyeatworld

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Exactly. A baby is dependant on one person or another for many months after birth. They can't clothe themselves, they can't feed themselves, they can't wipe their own butt. I don't know of any court in this country that would uphold the right to crack a two month old in the head and put it in a dumpster.

7. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    So you guys think that society and the government should be able to dictate a personal decision about a woman's body that will control the outcome of her life?

Hmmm, seems kinda totalitarian to me. I think the Chinese do that. And I think Hitler did something like that too. But what do I know right? :huh::laugh:

8. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Are you really using a movie credit in the debate over abortion? IMDB gives Lassie a movie credit. There's PLENTY of good arguments against abortion... this is not one of them.

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    No. Society and the Government should dictate what decisions that woman makes about the body growing inside her, however, when it comes to 'life' or 'death'.

Translation:
    Hi. I am Hagbard Celine. In order to distract you from the fact I am not presenting any rational arguments FOR allowing mothers to kill their infants at will, I'll make a ridiculous statement comparing pro-life policy to that of Nazis.

10. Jimmyeatworld

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    What a crock of shit.

If saying a baby shouldn't be murdered just because the mother can't keep her knees together makes me totalitarian in your world, so be it.

Hmmm, kinda seems to me Hitler was on the side of exterminating people because they were "inconvienient". But what do you know?