Are you a free man or woman?

Do you believe you are free?

• Yes, but I am too free. The government needs more control over lives.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I am free and always have been. No government controls my life.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, but if we stuck to the Constitution I would be.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No, anarchy is total freedom and that's bad.

• No, but the government needs more power to keep us secure.

• Yes, I truly believe we have the best government and it's power is legitimate and just.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Assuming you are American, do you personally believe that you live in a free society? I am sure you can find something in the poll that fits your view.

I guess that depends on how you define being a free man. I don't mean that to be flippant or avoid the question. It's just there could be several definitions of a free man.

So I guess I have to answer: It depends.

yeah, it depends on whether you want to tell women what to do with their bodies.

or interfere in the most intimate of relationships.

cause you sooooooooooo care about freedom and "small government".

Well I'll say I live as free as I can in a country that is becoming more and more controlled every day by the so called Liberal Media (who are really corporate media).

I guess that depends on how you define being a free man. I don't mean that to be flippant or avoid the question. It's just there could be several definitions of a free man.

So I guess I have to answer: It depends.

exactly, the word has different meanings to different people. I did not define the term in the question ON PURPOSE. It is supposed to be based on YOUR OWN PERSONAL definition.

yeah, it depends on whether you want to tell women what to do with their bodies.

or interfere in the most intimate of relationships.

cause you sooooooooooo care about freedom and "small government".

thanks for the typical constructive post, baby killer. <3

btw, your poll has too many ambiguous wordings... hurts my eyes and tries my patience to sort 'em all out...

Last edited:
When it comes to freedom, there are some areas where some people are more free than others. And that is a bigger problem than too much or too little freedom for everyone. It creates an imbalance that creates societal chasms.

I think some people are free to be bandits and steal a billion dollars at a time and receive police protection while doing it, while others are overly punished for stealing a few dollars.

I think our government is free to invade my privacy, my bank account, and my life as much or as little as it wants, while if I protest just a little too loudly about that I am can be put on a list or even disappeared.

I think the Fourth Amendment is almost completely gone.

I think the commerce clause has been abused to the point where no one can name any transaction (or non-transaction for that matter) between two entities the government cannot regulate any more. The total usurpation of power by the federal government is nearly complete.

Still, when I ask myself which country is more free than ours, I am hard pressed to come up with an answer.

But when it comes right down to it, I don't believe freedom is a relative term. And I get a little more pissed with each passing day at the cancerous growths within our government.

Last edited:
"Yes, I truly believe we have the best government and it's power is legitimate and just. "

Apparently someone slept through history class..

That's what Nazi's said too.

Forum List

Back