Are you a dog person or a cat person or other kind of pet person?

The manx lost his buddy six months.

12189735_1200855396595074_4839341047362637757_n.jpg

I have missed your kindness a lot, AquaAthena .
I would have pm'd this to you but it's shut off..so..I am telling you here.
Thank you.

Losing a furkid is hard. Very hard. They are not called Companion Animals for funzies. So when you lose that companion....oy.
And...when you can't talk about it, its even worse. Double oy.

I like cats well enough. But I love my dogs. I worked on the road for almost 20 years. I met a lot of great people where ever I went. I can only remember a handful of their names. But I also met a lot of great dogs. I remember almost all of their names. There were a few I would go by and visit. Some of them have shown such resilience and courage. Most have shown me the true meaning of unconditional love and of loyalty.

I can say, without shame, that I have cried every time I have lost one of my dogs. And I can say without hesitation that my life is richer for having known them.

With all of that said, my work in the last 2 year has made me a fan of another animal. Goats are some pretty cool beasts.

Just another day at the office.JPG

This is George. One of the most devoted dogs I have ever known. Not devoted to me, or even to his owner. George watches over a herd of 35 goats that work all over Atlanta. Here he is just hanging out with some new babies. They are as safe as they can be. George is a big sweet boy. But he can go from big sweet dog to polar bear in a split second if something threatens any member of his herd. And his herd can clear kudzu, privet and heavy underbrush like a plague of locusts.

I like cats well enough. But I love my dogs. I worked on the road for almost 20 years. I met a lot of great people where ever I went. I can only remember a handful of their names. But I also met a lot of great dogs. I remember almost all of their names. There were a few I would go by and visit. Some of them have shown such resilience and courage. Most have shown me the true meaning of unconditional love and of loyalty.

I can say, without shame, that I have cried every time I have lost one of my dogs. And I can say without hesitation that my life is richer for having known them.

With all of that said, my work in the last 2 year has made me a fan of another animal. Goats are some pretty cool beasts.

Remembering the dogs' names is kind of weird. :p

I've had cats most of my life, with an occasional dog thrown in. Now we have some of both.

The Jack is 10yo and the mix is about 5 and is pouting because he didn't get to go for a car ride. :rolleyes:

15825849_1148212681958233_1203528526737879138_n[1].jpg

Then my boys brought these home....

osiris.jpg

peewee.jpg

We also have chickens that can be great entertainment, but not really 'pets'

I had chickens a few years ago. One became my pet. she would come in my room from the yard and perch on my recliner arm. Not house trained, so I had to stop her from that. Unfortunately, I had to sell them. I was doing the cage cleaning, egg gathering, straw replacing, etc all by myself and couldn't do it any more so I said "sell them". We sold the chickens and the coop to a couple a few streets over. I sure miss those fresh eggs! And the friendly hen!

Remembering the dogs' names is kind of weird. :p

Yeah, probably so. Its not the first time the word "weird" and I have met in a sentence.

Forum List

Back