Are you a dog person or a cat person or other kind of pet person?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I lean towards dogs but have had 3 cats in my lifetime. And now I made friends with the neighbors cat but..she is not mine. I took a pic of her. She is strictly an outdoor cat but its been raining something fierce the last couple of days and I brought her in. She discovered MrGs bed real fast, lol. But she only wanted to stay for about 30 minutes then wanted out..rain or not. So, I let her out.

Currently, I have no pets and won't get one, either. Pet sitting is fine with me.

Anyway...do you have dog(s), cat(s), bird(s), snake(s) or some other loved fur/feathered/smoothskinned child?

I lean towards dogs but have had 3 cats in my lifetime. And now I made friends with the neighbors cat but..she is not mine. I took a pic of her. She is strictly an outdoor cat but its been raining something fierce the last couple of days and I brought her in. She discovered MrGs bed real fast, lol. But she only wanted to stay for about 30 minutes then wanted out..rain or not. So, I let her out.

Currently, I have no pets and won't get one, either. Pet sitting is fine with me.

Anyway...do you have dog(s), cat(s), bird(s), snake(s) or some other loved fur/feathered/smoothskinned child?

I lean toward cats because they are lower maintenance. I'm lazy that way. :p

Of course, our cat likes to get one of her toy mice and meow at the top of her lungs in the middle of the night, so sometimes I lean more toward dogs.....

I've always preferred cats, mostly because I'm lazy, and they're a little more self-sufficient. You get a new cat, throw them in the litter box, and they immediately know what it's there for. No house training. No having to take them outside all the time.

I had two dogs and two cats. But one of my cats died recently, he had diabetes and he was having seizures and he died in front of me. It was awful.

Yes, it sucks. I can relate.
I hate being alone now but...I am just not ready for another furkid. Maybe once I am permanently settled. Maybe.
They have a program here "Seniors that adopt senior pets get free vet care". That sounds well and good but...my heart is still dead from the last loss I suffered. I don't want to get attached and go thru it again after just a year or so. Free vet care or not.

Muh dawg...

WDi6qXs.jpg

QsTt8R0.jpg

ea2WnJG.jpg

3NkrgKt.jpg

un8JJyO.jpg

I would want another lab. Alas..they are too big for me now. Maybe a medium size dog. Friend is up here in the forest visiting for a week and brough his dog. White poodle that weighs about 22 lbs. That I could handle. Alas...I'm too afraid to. So for now..i spoil the neighbors dogs and cats.

I like dogs big enough to lay next too, throw your arm and leg around them for spooning and then taking a nap. And one that is big enough to pull me up when I fall down. I have always liked bigger dogs.

Maybe for xmas, I will hear wimpering in a box under a non existant tree and it will be a yellow lab puppy from MrG. I would NOT say no!!! :lol:
But...he said no more, too. It hurt too bad, this last one. Death blow for us both.

Anyway...I don't wanna talk about that. Anyone have birds? the lady next door has TWO..and on the other side of me, that lady has two, too. BIG ones. Cockatoos. NOISY.

I'm trying to make friends with the fox that has a den in the back portion of the lot next door and behind our yard. I chat with it along with the raccoons. Squirrels too. But as pets? Nah. Just neighbors I chat to and they look at me with the WTF on their faces yet they pause and listen, lol.

Forum List

Back