Are you a Demopublican?

I am pretty much on the far extremes by nature, wanting humanitarian concerns to override other issues with exceptions, and wanting some extreme right issues, like rescinding all gun laws and restoring the 2nd Amendment, and opposing abortion but feel women have a constitutional right to chose, and don't buy the fetal argument of conception, rather birth.

Last edited:
Having libertarian positions on some things does not make one a Libertarian. I am with you on the 2nd Amendment (with the exception I don't want bigrebnc owning an anti-aircraft battery). Opposing abortion personally but respecting another's right is not libertarian, but classically liberal. Don't ask me when life starts: I have no flipping idea.

The Constitution, Laws, and Libertarians. Critiques Of Libertarianism: The Constitution, Laws, and Libertarians.

Part of the "Critiques of Libertarianism" site.
Critiques Of Libertarianism

Last updated 12/20/08.

The same credulousness that makes some people apt to become libertarians makes them prone to many bizarre conspiracy theories. Libertarians frequently parrot bizarre pseudolegal formulas or selective histories to justify militias, common law courts, sovereign citizenship, admiralty law, fully informed juries, immunity from income tax, etc.

Most of these are urban legends originating with other groups. Some have been actually tested by believers (who subsequently lose the legal battles, civil and criminal, which they have entered into based on these beliefs.) What unites them all is a kind of magical thinking, that power lies in ritual incantations.

Libertarians also adopt many right-wing criticisms of modern court interpretations of the Constitution. This seems to play an important part in their demonization of government. See also the Gun Control index.

I like debating Libertarians using their plank and bringing possible scenarios that their ideas could create. They insist that children basically have adult rights an no curfews, pedophiles & perverts should have access to schools to pass out literature, and their ultimate utopian dream is a Libertarian walking down a dirt road with a bucket of water in one hand and a Get-out-of-War card in the other.:lol:

Yup, there have been child wanters on the board arguing for lowered age of consent laws. Some have chilled down their stupid postings. Very wise.

Naw, just kicking your type around.

I mean, really, there are Americans, and then there are libertarians.

are you really claiming libertarians are not americans?

I am being outrageous as some of the libers are outrageous is all. I guess I am a social libertarians, except for where children are concerned. I am a social conservative when it comes to the economy.

Having libertarian positions on some things does not make one a Libertarian. I am with you on the 2nd Amendment (with the exception I don't want bigrebnc owning an anti-aircraft battery). Opposing abortion personally but respecting another's right is not libertarian, but classically liberal. Don't ask me when life starts: I have no flipping idea.

Yeah, you can't hang on the extreme rightwing limb for the 2nd. It is not what you own that needs laws against, it is if you use it. Put your laws on the persons behavior, not on the objects he surrounds himself with. Objects don't do anything, usually have a useful need, like a hammer in a tool box. How you use the hammer, your behavior, is all that matters.

You might change your mind about the aircraft guns if they were owned by bigrebnc along the Mexican border, and we were be invaded from the South by a military force. Like a first responder, he could save thousands of lives. :lol:

Naw, just kicking your type around.

I mean, really, there are Americans, and then there are libertarians.

are you really claiming libertarians are not americans?

I am being outrageous as some of the libers are outrageous is all. I guess I am a social libertarians, except for where children are concerned. I am a social conservative when it comes to the economy.

this is why the generalized titles we have now are virtually worthless

Isn't anyone who still supports either Party?

Why do you think so many American voters are becoming Independent these days? Even the Tea Party knows there is something basically wrong with how the Republicans function. Their primary problem is being led by people like Dick Armey et al. whose goal is the furtherance of a more radical conservative agenda that has nothing to do with achieving anything meaningful for them.

The problem, far too many Americans still believe their own press - very, very big mistake. They've come to some ridiculous conclusion this was "never" a country made successful and prosperous by hard-working "poor" people who saw a way to better themselves. The incredible economic gains after WWII coupled with a fully employed middle class apparently sent us into a complete state of denial about what all this cost us to achieve and maintain. Our children were led into thinking they wouldn't need to concentrate as much effort, achieve as much or more education or work as hard or harder to gain the same successes as their parents. And, yes, that Myth did persist for a moment or two in America's time. But then nothing lasts forever especially when its premise has no foundation in reality.

It's time to face reality, we've never been rich people, we've just lived like rich people and the time has come to pay the piper and we're broke. Sir Isaac Newton's 3rd Law of Gravity is every action has an equal and opposite reaction. And that's not always a good thing.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

No, what I am saying, silly boy, that the sale of the land of one of the sections was set aside for free public education. That is not fascism, and certainly is no form of your silly libertarianism.

You need to learn your terms and definitions.

It is true that if individuals are not COMPELLED to finance government schools then fascism is not involved.

However if parents are COMPELLED to send their children to a government school then fascism is involved.

Not only are you sick sexually, but you think taxation is fascistic.

Not only are you sick sexually, but you don't consider taxation legalized theft.

You are simply a loon.

It is true that if individuals are not COMPELLED to finance government schools then fascism is not involved.

However if parents are COMPELLED to send their children to a government school then fascism is involved.

Not only are you sick sexually, but you think taxation is fascistic.

Not only are you sick sexually, but you don't consider taxation legalized theft.

You are simply a loon.

Taxation is not fascistic, and, yes, you are sick sexually, Conty. Tell the newcomers why you are a libertarian.

Neo and Conty, you freaks are part of the social compact. .

And the social compact is also known as a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

Change definitions all you want, and no one cares. You will participate, period. Don't like it. Leave the country. Good riddance. You and your ilk are solid members of the parasitic faction.

Put this in your pipe and smoke it:

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them'"

Joseph Story
US Supreme Court Justice

Forum List

Back