Are You a Conservative, Liberal, or Other?

Are You Conservative, Liberal, or other?

• Conservative

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Liberal

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Thought it might be a good time to ask this with the coming of so many new board members.

Don't lie either. Because if you do, if you plan on spending any amount of time here, if you do lie, we'll know you did sooner or later.

Just be honest, even if you find it hard to be.

"Other" covers everything else other than conservative or liberal. Feel free to voice what other may mean to you.

I'm in the other category. I've been called:
Lib
Big lib
Left of center

so I'm clearly not a conservative, but I also have a big problem with the liberal mantra, so that sort of throws a wrench in that. My leanings depend on the issue at hand.

The ClayTaurus said:
I'm in the other category. I've been called:
Lib
Big lib
Left of center

so I'm clearly not a conservative, but I also have a big problem with the liberal mantra, so that sort of throws a wrench in that. My leanings depend on the issue at hand.

Then it would also be safe to say, you're more liberal than conservative.

(Like we don't know that already.)

Pale Rider said:
Then it would also be safe to say, you're more liberal than conservative.

(Like we don't know that already.)
I'm off ignore now? Cool.

I'd say I'm left of center on social issues, and right of center on financial issues. Typical of my age, probably.

The ClayTaurus said:

I'd say I'm left of center on social issues, and right of center on financial issues. Typical of my age, probably.

Yes you are. I'm not going to ignore anybody. I'll answer any post you make to me in the same way you address me. Fair enough?

Pale Rider said:
Yes you are. I'm not going to ignore anybody. I'll answer any post you make to me in the same way you address me. Fair enough?
Deal. Same for you.

The ClayTaurus said:

And financial issues are about life and death:MONEY and ECONOMIC GROWTH, JOBS, and FEEDING FAMILIES. The social issues are trifling compared to that.

rtwngAvngr said:
And financial issues are about life and death:MONEY and ECONOMIC GROWTH, JOBS, and FEEDING FAMILIES. The social issues are trifling compared to that.
Using all capital letters for emphasis is effective. It really drove home the point better.

The ClayTaurus said:
Using all capital letters for emphasis is effective. It really drove home the point better.

Oh. Good. Must you always be an ass?

I'm an other. I probably lean more to the left than right, but I am very conservative about certain issues.

I'm other cause sometimes I just am. Depends of the issue and the politicians. Being in Illinois makes it impossible at times to vote for a GOP candidate, the corruption is rampant, they are often challenged by a reformer, who I'll vote for.

Pale Rider said:
4 to 4 with NO LIBERALS.... hmmmm... who's sand bagging?

Liberals always think they're so special as to be immune from categorization.

rtwngAvngr said:
Liberals always think they're so special as to be immune from categorization.

They also want to be free to go about espousing their liberal ideals and agenda, but NOT be called a liberal. They like to hide who they are. We know that.

I'm a registered Independent, and have been since I was old enough to vote....guess it was a side effect of getting away from home and out on my own.

If I were forced to pick between conservative or liberal, I would have to go with the conservative simply because I believe in the Eisenhower quote in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back