Are you a Christian or a Follower of Christ?

So, why don't more of your religious leaders come out in very vocal disagreement with what Islamic extremists are doing around the world and the very bad image they are giving to the world in general about Islam with their actions?
Personally, I don't have any leaders. A multitude of clerics have condemned terrorism and harshly criticized groups such as al-Qaeda, though.

Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks
Statements Against Terror
Scholars of Islam & the Tragedy of Sept. 11th
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Muslims refuse to bury militants

etc.

Do you agree with Sharia Law?
I don't believe in the authenticity of the ahadith, so no, I'm not a supporter of Sharia. I'm not really a supporter of any sort of religious law in the United States.

And if all they use is a hose over there, you have to admit that's pretty unsanitary? I don't think that just a hose is going to do it. :lol:
It works... bidets seem to be more prevalent, and they work fine.

Bidet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some do. I have no idea why, though, as there is no punishment for homosexuality described in the Qur'an.

REALLY? Then please explain why the slob known as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that there are no gays in Iran.

Then explain away the large gay population, as well as the beatings and murders they've had to endure in their own country?

Oh yeah..........also explain why "honor killings" are so respected in your fucked up belief system.
Why should I defend practices that I don't support? :cuckoo:

There are no moderate Muslims. Either you don't understand Islam, you don't practice it, or you're being deceitful in describing your relationship within it.

There are no moderate Muslims.
This false perception stems from a fundamental ignorance of the religion. My religious beliefs and opinions as presented here are in complete accordance with the teachings of the Qur'an.

Either you don't understand Islam,
Do you believe that you know more about it than I do?

You don't understand Islam. I'd be happy to explain things to you if you hadn't already decided to hate the religion based on your preconceived notion of it being evil and terroristic.

you don't practice it, or you're being deceitful in describing your relationship within it.
Both of these accusations are, of course, false. Please do not embarrass yourself by feigning knowledge on the subject of Islam. It's quite familiar to me.

I am not christian.I am a muslim but yet i am a follower of christ since we believe that christ was a messenger which was sent by god.
138l1103.jpg

There are no moderate Muslims.
This false perception stems from a fundamental ignorance of the religion. My religious beliefs and opinions as presented here are in complete accordance with the teachings of the Qur'an.

And this follows back to what I said earlier, despite the links that you provided, supposed 'moderate' muslims absolutely have not spoken out or gotten the word out as you are try to establish it here. You cannot blame people for feeling the way they do about your religion whenever all you see or hear is the radicalsim and the terrorism that results from it.

I asked you about Sharia Law, how can you be a muslim and not believe in Sharia Law? This is not possible from my understanding and the things that I have read. Islam is much more than just a religion, it goes into everything one does in life and seeks to be a part of every part of an individuals life, including government and law. Why are muslims in Britain seeking to be able to establish their own courts to enforce Sharia Law in their own communities if this is not the case? Why can't they respect British law? Or are all of them 'radicals' of some kind as well?

Either you don't understand Islam,
Do you believe that you know more about it than I do?

You don't understand Islam. I'd be happy to explain things to you if you hadn't already decided to hate the religion based on your preconceived notion of it being evil and terroristic.

Preconceived notion? :lol: Are you serious? Do you ever watch the news or pick up a paper? Tell me what percentage of the world's violence today is perpatrated in the name of Islam?

you don't practice it, or you're being deceitful in describing your relationship within it.
Both of these accusations are, of course, false. Please do not embarrass yourself by feigning knowledge on the subject of Islam. It's quite familiar to me.

I have to agree with her, I don't believe you are being honest.

And this follows back to what I said earlier, despite the links that you provided, supposed 'moderate' muslims absolutely have not spoken out or gotten the word out as you are try to establish it here.
Yes, they have spoken out. If you don't believe that they've worked hard enough to "get the word out," blame the yellow media for not reporting stories that won't move as many papers.

You cannot blame people for feeling the way they do about your religion whenever all you see or hear is the radicalsim and the terrorism that results from it.
I can absolutely blame people for relying on misinformation and being generally ignorant. I don't do that, however; I blame those who make slanderous remarks about my religion based on their misconceptions. If you're going to criticize something, it becomes necessary to familiarize yourself with it using primary sources and objective analyses.

I asked you about Sharia Law, how can you be a muslim and not believe in Sharia Law?
Sharia is the product of so-called scholars' flawed assumptions, which in turn are based largely on collections of religious oral traditions (ahadith) that are of highly questionable accuracy. Because it draws from sources other the Qur'an, Sharia is illegitimate. In fact, it is at odds with the Qur'an. For example, Sharia generally treats apostasy as a capital offense, while the Qur'an does not mandate any punishment for it and requires "no compulsion in religion" (2:256.)

This is not possible from my understanding and the things that I have read.
What is it that you've read?

Islam is much more than just a religion, it goes into everything one does in life and seeks to be a part of every part of an individuals life, including government and law.
Based on which Qur'anic commandment? The only mention of government in the book suggests that the ideal system of government is government by shura, "consultation." Nothing is said about shura being mandatory, it's simply suggested that it's ideal. See 42:36-39.

Why are muslims in Britain seeking to be able to establish their own courts to enforce Sharia Law in their own communities if this is not the case? Why can't they respect British law?
Why do you assume that what they're doing must be in accordance with Islamic teachings?

Or are all of them 'radicals' of some kind as well?
I suppose those who favor the implementation of Sharia probably are.

Preconceived notion? :lol: Are you serious? Do you ever watch the news or pick up a paper?
Yes, but I don't watch any of the garbage news channels here, and I rarely spend a lot of time reading my local paper. I use international sources and generally read about the same event as reported by several different news agencies to get a less biased impression of what's actually happening.

Tell me what percentage of the world's violence today is perpatrated in the name of Islam?
If I did it would be based entirely on conjecture. Something as abstract and broad as violence can't possibly be quantified.

I have to agree with her, I don't believe you are being honest.
About what? What do you base this belief on?

Moderate isLAMEISTS spoke out a bit when all this shit first started to hit the fan, but, then the radical ones started to go after them, and, being the cowards that they were, they went back underground again.

No......isLAME does NOT have moderates speaking for it. All the radicals are the ones that are in the spotlight, and the rest of the moderates are too cowardly to say anything.

Forum List

Back