Are You A Better Christian If You Regularly Attend Church?

Depends on your receptivity to the message. Lots of people, like 0bama, can go to the same church for years and years and years and never hear a word the minister is saying.

Christ himself regularly pointed out that religiosity is not religion.

Depends on your receptivity to the message. Lots of people, like 0bama, can go to the same church for years and years and years and never hear a word the minister is saying.

The bible commands Christians to gather with fellow Christians. To actively spread the word. To teach and be taught. To tell others of Jesus and being saved and of the end coming for all.

The bible commands Christians to gather with fellow Christians. To actively spread the word. To teach and be taught. To tell others of Jesus and being saved and of the end coming for all.

What's the 'word"? Homos will burn in hell? Condoms are evil?

Many people think it doesn't make a difference in God's eyes, and others think it does. What is your opinion and why do you hold it. :)

Aqua*

I'm not a Christian, so take this with some salt. I think faith is a personal thing, and only the individual will know if they feel closer to their god by attending service or not. It's ultimately up to how you feel in your heart and how you act during the other sex days of the week.

I sometimes wonder how many people go to Church on Sunday, feeling that they've done their "part" for the week, yet continue to lie, cheat, steal, hit, cuss, molest, commit adultry, etc...but it's all good since they went to Church.

Wearing a pretty hat or a suit and sitting in a pew for an hour doesn't make you a Christian.

It's your faith, some choose to keep that personal. Others want to share it with the world.

Being with other believers is a good thing, as long as you're walking the walk and talking the talk the rest of the time too.

Or at least trying too, we ALL are human, and sinners, and struggle with our demons too.

I sometimes wonder how many people go to Church on Sunday, feeling that they've done their "part" for the week, yet continue to lie, cheat, steal, hit, molest, commit adultry, etc...but it's all good since they went to Church.

Wearing a pretty hat or a suit and sitting in a pew for an hour doesn't make you a Christian.

It's your faith, some choose to keep that personal. Others want to share it with the world.

Being with other believers is a good thing, as long as you're walking the walk and talking the talk the rest of the time too.

Or at least trying too, we ALL are human, and sinners, and struggle with our demons too.

Exactly.

"Wearing a pretty hat?"

:eusa_eh:

Hey, Aunt Bea, 1965 Mayberry called and they want their wardrobe back.

:lol::lol::lol:
You should see those Methodist women, they love their pretty hats! My mom had so many, I kept some to remember her by.

I don't think I've ever worn a hat to church as an adult, but my daughter had some cute ones for Easter, etc.

When did hats go out of style anyway? :confused:

"Wearing a pretty hat?"

:eusa_eh:

Hey, Aunt Bea, 1965 Mayberry called and they want their wardrobe back.

:lol::lol::lol:
You should see those Methodist women, they love their pretty hats! My mom had so many, I kept some to remember her by.

I don't think I've ever worn a hat to church as an adult, but my daughter had some cute ones for Easter, etc.

When did hats go out of style anyway? :confused:

Hats went out of style when JFK won the Presidency.

Frankly, I think hats on wimmins are tres sexay

Funny_Pictures_42311.jpg

Many people think it doesn't make a difference in God's eyes, and others think it does. What is your opinion and why do you hold it. :)

Aqua*

I'm not a Christian, so take this with some salt. I think faith is a personal thing, and only the individual will know if they feel closer to their god by attending service or not. It's ultimately up to how you feel in your heart and how you act during the other sex days of the week.

Thanks silkyeggsalad. I am not a Christian either but many acquaintances are and a few were discussing their feelings on this subject the other day. I live my life by the Golden Rule and a high set of ethics. I did have 18 years of regular exposure to 4 separate denominations and am grateful for them all. I think children should have exposure to religion, if only as a frame of reference when they are old enough to decide for themselves. :)

Last edited:
Couple of thought for the thread:

1. You are saved by faith and baptism alone.
2. If the Holy Spirit is active in your life, going to church is not a chore, duty or a negative in any way.
3. Christian fellowship MAY increase your faith or give you an opporunity to grow.
4. I attend church because I am a sinner. Confessing that and setting aside time to ask for God's forgiveness seems like a small act towards God who does so much for me.
5. We maintain our training at work, house, health and educate our kids, but largely ignore spiritual health.

Of course not.

Organized religion is a man-made construct, not a God-made one.

And its BS that there is a "right" Christian church.

I get what you're saying. But just to be a nitpicking douche to your point, I think the Westboro Baptist Church can safely be considered a wrong Christian church.

Last edited:
religion is a personal matter.
every person believes that following the rules of their own construct is what is required.
it is pure arrogance to think that only our own brand of religion gets us to heaven.

Of course not.

Organized religion is a man-made construct, not a God-made one.

And its BS that there is a "right" Christian church.

I get what you're saying. But just to be a nitpicking douche to your point, I think the Westboro Baptist Church can safely be considered a wrong Christian church.

The devil doesn't usually walk up to you and say, "Hi, I'm true evil and was wondering if you wanted to go straight to Hell?" Often he leads you away a little teeny tiny bit day by day. The Bible contains many sinners, some moved further from God and others closer. What direction you headed? The choice is always yours to make.

Forum List

Back