Are Yanks Happy With Their Practical Form Of Govt

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
Having been on messageboards for the best part of nines years, with membership mainly being American, it is not lost on me how you guys seem to bitch and moan constantly about your govt.

So I was wondering, do you like it in its practical form. Kevin Kennedy and all the other guys who talk about the strict interpretation of the Constitution, stand aside. I'm not interested in that opinion, because I already know it. I want to know what are the practicalities you would change.

For example, is it possible to get rid of pork in bills? Lobbyists? Etc

And can say with my hand on my heart, that I love the NZ political system (but not some of the politicians), and I like some of the Australian system...

Just interested in ops about it..

Personally, I love the ideals that I understand were set up by our founding fathers.

I think we are getting away from those ideals and that saddens me. I believe my country is in trouble and quite frankly falling apart at the seams. However, it is not the form of government but those who govern who are the problem I see today.

Sorry, that is short and sweet as I am tired.

Immie

I think George Steinbrenner has been the second best thing that's ever happened to the Yanks, Ruth has to be first.

He took a struggling broke dick team and insisted, willed them, to become winners

This is one Yank fan very happy with the current system

It is not our form of government that Americans complain about. It is the men elected to office who have completely abandoned it. When people stood up and spoke out against the Bush administration, just as people are currently speaking out against the Obama administration, it is not because they want to change the country. They want to change its leadership.

During the first several administrations, after our republic was founded, there was no pork. There were no lobbyists. There was no unsustainable debt. There were no goverment run programs like social security, medicare, welfare, unemployment, etc. that politicians could get their hands on and bankrupt or corrupt. Our form of government is perfect. We were given a gift by brilliant men. We stand up from the fear of it being destroyed by others.

"dissent is the highest form of patriotism." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:
I'd make 2 changes to the Constitution: first repeal the 16th Amendment, go back to having the states funds the federal gubbamint and second add an amendment that a law can only be declared Unconstitutional upon SCOTUS ruling and ratification by 75% of the 57 states.

I like it and I don't.

I like the basic structure and the way power is balanced through the system. I don't like the amount of money and corruption that flows through it, and I detest the two parties that have a stranglehold on the process and have both forgotten the difference between rah rah political tactics and governance.

since the coup of 11/22/1963, it has been my firm belief that the theory behind and the structure of our consensual representational constitutional republic was the best ever instituted by people. it is the people who are claiming control that are no good.

what we were told by our elders at the time was that there was a conspiracy and that the people behind it were the exact same "overzealous leaders" of the "military-industrial complex" that dwight eisenhower had warned us "pose the gravest threat to our democratic way of life"

they have certainly packed the halls of government and corporate offices with scumbags who misappropriate our tax dollars on the one hand and our investment capital on the other.

i can only hope that history will record our last four presidents as the worst ever and that GHW Bush will hang for his participation in the JFK assassination and various crimes against humanity.

this latest pretender in the white house sleaze d his way into a senate seat by playing the sex card on his incumbent opponent who just happened to be married to a hot actress and liked lap dances at titty bars forcing him to drop out for the sake of his children. on the other hand the press has hosed down all reports of obama's alleged homosexual liasons.

the system's fine.

we just need to clean house.

i've long dream t of a huge roundup of the gangsters, big treason and murder trials and mass executions on the mall in DC using the flag poles around the reflecting pools to hoist the murderous pimps.

I find lobbyists an interesting one..

Pollies down here are allowed to take a very small contribution from companies and individuals. You'd commit political suicide down here if you had anything to do with any entity resembling a lobby group...

It is not our form of government that Americans complain about. It is the men elected to office who have completely abandoned it. When people stood up and spoke out against the Bush administration, just as people are currently speaking out against the Obama administration, it is not because they want to change the country. They want to change its leadership.

During the first several administrations, after our republic was founded, there was no pork. There were no lobbyists. There was no unsustainable debt. There were no goverment run programs like social security, medicare, welfare, unemployment, etc. that politicians could get their hands on and bankrupt or corrupt. Our form of government is perfect. We were given a gift by brilliant men. We stand up from the fear of it being destroyed by others.

"dissent is the highest form of patriotism." -Thomas Jefferson

Couldn't agree more.

The folks we elect do not think like the FF did. They have forgotten that brilliant gift that the FF gave us. They have different ideas and use their power to push their agendas. Hence what we have today for our Govt.

I think George Steinbrenner has been the second best thing that's ever happened to the Yanks, Ruth has to be first.

He took a struggling broke dick team and insisted, willed them, to become winners

This is one Yank fan very happy with the current system

I wonder if the OP "gets" your post? They're not American and likely don't follow American sports. :lol:

Wow, he wants a list.

Repeal the 14th, 16th and 17th Amendments.

Nationalize, then abolish the Federal Reserve and return to money of substance.

Abolish the IRS.

Abolish the departments of Education, Commerce, Energy, HHS and DHS.

Privatize Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Close all military bases on foreign soil and bring our troops home to defend our own borders.

Privatize the FDA, abolish the DEA and ATF, and end the idiotic "war" on (some) drugs.

Privatize the FAA, TSA and ATC functions and make airport and airliner security the responsibility of airports and airlines.

End all cash foreign aid.

Break for lunch.

Wow, he wants a list.

Repeal the 14th, 16th and 17th Amendments.

Nationalize, then abolish the Federal Reserve and return to money of substance.

Abolish the IRS.

Abolish the departments of Education, Commerce, Energy, HHS and DHS.

Privatize Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Close all military bases on foreign soil and bring our troops home to defend our own borders.

Privatize the FDA, abolish the DEA and ATF, and end the idiotic "war" on (some) drugs.

Privatize the FAA, TSA and ATC functions and make airport and airliner security the responsibility of airports and airlines.

End all cash foreign aid.

Break for lunch.

I'd have the same basic list, but I would also

End cash subsidies and protective tariffs for agricultural producers/products.

Kill the Dept. of Transportation, Corporation for Public Broadcasting

Give Puerto Rico and Guam their freedom

Privatise the Post Office

Forum List

Back