Are woke politics affecting how much Olympics you are watching?

How much are you watching the Olympics compared to other years?

• More - Watching more because of woke athletes

• More - No political reason, just watching more this year

• I'm watching the normal amount be it lots, some or none

• Less - No political reason, just a bad year for me to watch

• Less - Woke politics is the reason

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
For me, absolutely. I usually love the Olympics. I normally watch pretty much any sport the US has a chance of medaling in. This year? Haven't turned it on. I do NOT watch the Olympics for politics at all, even if it wasn't leftist fascist woke politics.

I always loved the US women's soccer team. Now I want them to lose every game. What a bunch of useless bitches who don't realize how great they have it in life. Just look at the millions crashing our borders just to get in, and they are already here and don't appreciate it.

The women's basketball team oddly had to justify NOT protesting the flag, as if that needed to be explained.

I'm tired of it. I haven't turned it on yet and currently have no plans to do so. I'd rather lose every event with real Americans who appreciate their country than win with faux outrage prima donnas. I'm sorry for all the athletes who don't support that. But too many do and I'm sick of it.

What about you?

Nope, I lost interest in it decades ago. i might take more of an interest if it became more woke and less commercial.

So they still aren't woke enough for you? That option didn't occur to me.

What do you mean by "commercial?" In what way? Just asking.

I'll watch it if it's on when I stop off at my favorite biker bar for a beer, but I don't watch it here at home.

I guess I would have to blame "woke politics" (whatever the fuck that is). Instead of the stories being about the athletes performing to their highest levels, everything is going to end up being about who's quitting this or protesting that, and I'm just sick and fuckin' tired of it.

There's plenty of stuff on Amazon Video and Netflix to watch, instead...

You are an idiot if you allow politics to run your life.

Are woke politics affecting how much Olympics you are watching?​

No....The continued horrid coverage has caused me to not watch them....And the addition of idiotic "events" like synchronized swimming, the goofy gymnastics with the streamer thingy, and skateboarding has caused me to lose all interest in them entirely.

The Olympics is a clown show.

In the 90s, I helped engineer a new, better means of global broadcast for the Olympics (not sure if it is still in use today); so far I haven't given this year's Olympics 5 minutes of my time, especially after I heard about some rule where they are now spreading around the medals so that no one country can dominate too much.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
For me, absolutely. I usually love the Olympics. I normally watch pretty much any sport the US has a chance of medaling in. This year? Haven't turned it on. I do NOT watch the Olympics for politics at all, even if it wasn't leftist fascist woke politics.

I always loved the US women's soccer team. Now I want them to lose every game. What a bunch of useless bitches who don't realize how great they have it in life. Just look at the millions crashing our borders just to get in, and they are already here and don't appreciate it.

The women's basketball team oddly had to justify NOT protesting the flag, as if that needed to be explained.

I'm tired of it. I haven't turned it on yet and currently have no plans to do so. I'd rather lose every event with real Americans who appreciate their country than win with faux outrage prima donnas. I'm sorry for all the athletes who don't support that. But too many do and I'm sick of it.

What about you?

Why am I supposed to be watching the Olympics in the first place?

No....The continued horrid coverage has caused me to not watch them....And the addition of idiotic "events" like synchronized swimming, the goofy gymnastics with the streamer thingy, and skateboarding has caused me to lose all interest in them entirely.

Olympic skateboarding? :eusa_wall:

You got me on synchronized swimming. I just can't watch it, it's totally boring

I’ll watch track and field and boxing if I catch it, but I won’t plan on watching it. Woke politics really makes no difference to me. I watch sports to be entertained

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I'm not watching very much bordering on none at all 'cause it puzzles me why the athletes spend their lives mastering difficult skills which have no connection to real life (unless they want a job with Cirque du Soleil).

OP, what's "woke politics?"

Is that where you mandate the hours of the day citizens are allowed to be awake?

The better question is

"Have you been brainwashed by conservative media into thinking that everything is about woke politics?"

You don't even know what I'm talking about? Seriously? So you're a long time poster, first time reader on the site?

Forum List

Back