Are whites a minority in Minnesota's 5th Congressional District?

The local media glorified her as she used the race, gender, and Muslim cards all in one sweep. They still do as every story about her feels the need to point out her victim status.
Those white people supporting her would never set foot in Cedar/Riverside or want to see that population in their exclusive executive neighborhoods near Lake Minnetonka.
Cheering her at the airport is nothing but virtue signaling and then they go back to their gated communities feeling nice and smug.
Liberals love diversity as long as it stays in the ghetto.
My city is minority white. I'm a Liberal. I get along just fine. The only people here who are miserable are the conservative whites.
No one is miserable in red Anoka county.
Especially when our property taxes are 60% lower than the close by metro. Housing is affordable, crime is rare, and there is actually even successful minorities here who vote Republican.
:www_MyEmoticons_com__shush:
Too bad the miserable conservative whites all over the country don't know about Anoka County. I'll be sure and let my neighbors know there is a safe place where they can all hate together. I'll tell them there's even a few token minorities so you they can feel extra superior.

BTW - Most of the minorities in my town are successful. We are only about 20% white. Our biggest issue right now is a severe housing shortage.

The local media glorified her as she used the race, gender, and Muslim cards all in one sweep. They still do as every story about her feels the need to point out her victim status.
Those white people supporting her would never set foot in Cedar/Riverside or want to see that population in their exclusive executive neighborhoods near Lake Minnetonka.
Cheering her at the airport is nothing but virtue signaling and then they go back to their gated communities feeling nice and smug.
My city is minority white. I'm a Liberal. I get along just fine. The only people here who are miserable are the conservative whites.
Especially when our property taxes are 60% lower than the close by metro. Housing is affordable, crime is rare, and there is actually even successful minorities here who vote Republican.
Too bad the miserable conservative whites all over the country don't know about Anoka County. I'll be sure and let my neighbors know there is a safe place where they can all hate together. I'll tell them there's even a few token minorities so you they can feel extra superior.

BTW - Most of the minorities in my town are successful. We are only about 20% white. Our biggest issue right now is a severe housing shortage.
In case you missed it.
The token minority IS Omar.

In case you missed it.
Maybe for the Democrats. Definitely NOT for the Republicans.

Else they wouldn't be foaming at the mouth with rage over her success.

I mean up there in red Anoka County minorities are only allowed a certain amount of success of course.

In case you missed it.
Maybe for the Democrats. Definitely NOT for the Republicans.

Else they wouldn't be foaming at the mouth with rage over her success.

I mean up there in red Anoka County minorities are only allowed a certain amount of success of course.
Foaming at the mouth?
:21:
It's been the liberals foaming for two years.
Thing about rabies, it rots the mind.

Ilhan Abdullahi Omar is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative
for Minnesota's 5th congressional district since 2019.
Minnesota's 5th congressional district is a geographically small urban and suburban ...
The district is represented by Ilhan Omar, the first Somali American to ever serve in the U.S. House of Representatives, and the first black woman to represent the 5th.
Minnesota's 5th congressional district - Wikipedia

Less 1/3 are non-whites. So does she really represent her district as she said?
Over 50,000 Somali Americans live in Minnesota, the largest population in the U.S., many in the densely populated neighborhood of Cedar-Riverside. Often called Little Mogadishu, after Somalia’s capital,
‘I Believe in My Work.’ How Rep. Ilhan Omar Rose From Refugee to Trump’s Top Target

They elected her so they clearly see something thy like and she must represent them.

Our President wasn't on the ballot when Omar was elected.

He will be on the ballot in 2020, and Omar will be voted out.

Or maybe not.

Trump keeps vowing to win Minnesota in 2020. It’s not as wild as it sounds.

Race-baiting doesn’t play particularly well in Minnesota
Trump views his attacks on Omar and other Democratic women of color as a way to motivate white voters to get out and vote.

This isn’t a new strategy for him; ahead of last November’s midterms, for instance, Trump leaned heavily into stoking fears about migrant caravans “invading” the country across the southern border. And during stops in Minnesota, Trump has stoked nativist concerns Minnesota Trump supporters have about the large Somali community of which Omar is a part.

“I think you have been treated extremely unfairly in the world of immigration,” Trump said during a speech in Minnesota in April.

But the recent midterm elections indicated this sort of messaging doesn’t resonate particularly well in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, at least in state’s largest metro region of the Twin Cities.

Republicans who embraced Trump did flip two mostly rural Minnesota congressional districts from red to blue in 2018 — Jim Hagedorn in the First, which is in southern Minnesota, and Pete Stauber in the Eighth, which extends from the northern Twin Cities exurbs north to the Canadian border in the eastern part of the state. But Democrats picked up two suburban seats formerly held by Republicans — Jason Lewis and Erik Paulsen — following campaigns in which their opponents saddled them with Trump’s baggage.

Even though Trump held a rally in southern Minnesota about a month before Election Day, the robust margins of victory enjoyed by Democrats in statewide races indicate that Trump’s popularity in the state really has taken a hit since 2016. Sens. Amy Klobuchar and Tina Smith won their races by 24 and 9 points, respectively, and Gov. Tim Walz defeated his Republican opponent by 12 points.

Trump’s unpopularity in the Twin Cities was captured nicely in an excerpt from Tim Alberta’s new book about how Trump endorsed Paulsen to spite him. Trump seemed fully aware of how unpopular he is in the district Paulsen represented in the western Minneapolis suburbs before Dean Phillips defeated Paulsen:

Trump’s racist attacks on Omar and other congresswomen of color actually boosted his approval ratings among Republicans nationally, but Kathryn Pearson, a political scientist at the University of Minnesota, doesn’t think they play well especially well locally.

“Trump’s attacks on [Omar] have solidified support around her both in her own district and in Minnesota, and I don’t think this strategy is playing well in Minnesota, even among Republicans,” Pearson told Vox.

Ilhan Abdullahi Omar is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative
Minnesota's 5th congressional district is a geographically small urban and suburban ...
The district is represented by Ilhan Omar, the first Somali American to ever serve in the U.S. House of Representatives, and the first black woman to represent the 5th.

Over 50,000 Somali Americans live in Minnesota, the largest population in the U.S., many in the densely populated neighborhood of Cedar-Riverside. Often called Little Mogadishu, after Somalia’s capital,
‘I Believe in My Work.’ How Rep. Ilhan Omar Rose From Refugee to Trump’s Top Target

are you saying that only a white person can represent white people?

Let's see what the local papers say about her "representation"...

Ilhan Omar went on a fence-mending tour with local Jews. Then she offended them, again
Our community is exasperated by Rep. Omar’s unfulfilled promises to listen and learn from Jewish constituents while seemingly simultaneously finding another opportunity to make an anti-Semitic remark and insult our community,” he said. “The JCRC is supportive of a robust conversation about Israel’s policies, campaign finance reform, and other topics of national and international importance. However, our political discourse must quickly evolve to be able to hold these conversations without using age-old stereotypes about minority communities.”
Ilhan Omar offends Minnesota jews, again, despite apologies

Now I'm not sure you won't agree with this comment...from a gay BLACK republican...

Yet instead of taking the criticism and responding to it on its merits, the four members of "the squad" complain loudly that they are unfairly being attacked because they are “women of color.”
And even though the four use extremely harsh and sometimes obscene language in attacking their opponents – including President Trump, other Republicans, moderate Democrats, corporations, Israel, law enforcement officers and others – the congresswomen appear to want immunity from criticism because of their racial and ethnic heritage and gender.
The four have even gone so far as to say criticism of them prompts death threats, as they seek to be placed in some sort of criticism-free zone that doesn’t exist in the real world. So what are we supposed to do? Never say a bad word about their bad ideas? Never nominate anyone to run against them for re-election?
Look, I know prejudice exists. And as a gay black Republican, I’ve been the target of discrimination for my sexual orientation, my race and my politics. But I don’t automatically cry racism, homophobia or political prejudice every time someone disagrees with me or criticizes me.
Rob Smith: Omar, AOC and other radical congresswomen should stop crying ‘racism’ whenever they’re criticized

Ilhan Omar went on a fence-mending tour with local Jews. Then she offended them, again
Our community is exasperated by Rep. Omar’s unfulfilled promises to listen and learn from Jewish constituents while seemingly simultaneously finding another opportunity to make an anti-Semitic remark and insult our community,” he said. “The JCRC is supportive of a robust conversation about Israel’s policies, campaign finance reform, and other topics of national and international importance. However, our political discourse must quickly evolve to be able to hold these conversations without using age-old stereotypes about minority communities.”

Now I'm not sure you won't agree with this comment...from a gay BLACK republican...

Yet instead of taking the criticism and responding to it on its merits, the four members of "the squad" complain loudly that they are unfairly being attacked because they are “women of color.”
And even though the four use extremely harsh and sometimes obscene language in attacking their opponents – including President Trump, other Republicans, moderate Democrats, corporations, Israel, law enforcement officers and others – the congresswomen appear to want immunity from criticism because of their racial and ethnic heritage and gender.
The four have even gone so far as to say criticism of them prompts death threats, as they seek to be placed in some sort of criticism-free zone that doesn’t exist in the real world. So what are we supposed to do? Never say a bad word about their bad ideas? Never nominate anyone to run against them for re-election?
Look, I know prejudice exists. And as a gay black Republican, I’ve been the target of discrimination for my sexual orientation, my race and my politics. But I don’t automatically cry racism, homophobia or political prejudice every time someone disagrees with me or criticizes me.
Rob Smith: Omar, AOC and other radical congresswomen should stop crying ‘racism’ whenever they’re criticized

Still not sure your point. Can you find any Repub, be them black or white, straight or gay, that thinks the Dem that was elected is representing them?

Still not sure your point. Can you find any Repub, be them black or white, straight or gay, that thinks the Dem that was elected is representing them?
I can name some things I appreciate the GOV for.....cant name 1 thing for Omar though.....but she's not my district. Can list stances my R Rep has taken that I oppose too...….

Last edited:
Why don't you guys move to her district...then you can vote against her. Until then...................................
The problem is that so many of you are far from those troublesome districts living the life of riley and pat yourselves on the back for their support. Give up the wealth and move into them.
ORLY? :71: My district has an indicted thief as Representative....for now....I'd take Omar over him any day.
You should move to Somalia. You'd lose a hell of a lot of weight.

No, whites aren't in the minority, but men certainly are.

Looks like an awful lot of white people in Minnesota's 5th aren't xenophobes! Must disappoint all the Trumpbots.

Looks like an awful lot of white people in Minnesota's 5th aren't xenophobes! Must disappoint all the Trumpbots.
But it won't earn them any points with the Bolsheviks when they seize total power. They cucked for nothing.

Forum List

Back