Are White Southerners Oversensitive?

What an intriguing rebuttal. :eusa_liar:

Should I assume all Aussies are ignorant, racist asswipes merely because you are, Ozmar? Some "arguments" are self-defeating; this one of yours certainly is.

Maybe you should. You are from the south, and you have proven my point so far.:eusa_whistle:

I'm from New York, you twatwaffle. I moved down south and can appreciate its culture and people.

May I suggest, if you so dislike the US, you get the fuck out?

Nope, from what I have seen in the south. It is simply because Both white and black have more respect for each other, and are in general more cordial in every aspect of their lives, then people up north.

Very true. In my neighborhood alone we are merely people. My neighbors on one side are Jews..actually moving back to Israel this month. On the other side of me is a black family. Great people. We don't spend our time with ''oh we are Jews...we are black....we are white''. Why? Because not everyone spends their time obsessing about race.

They're moving to ISRAEL, but they don't obsess about their identity? I mean, I don't see how much more obsessed you can get than to pick up your entire life and move it to a racial-nationalist project in the desert.

Nope, from what I have seen in the south. It is simply because Both white and black have more respect for each other, and are in general more cordial in every aspect of their lives, then people up north.

Very true. In my neighborhood alone we are merely people. My neighbors on one side are Jews..actually moving back to Israel this month. On the other side of me is a black family. Great people. We don't spend our time with ''oh we are Jews...we are black....we are white''. Why? Because not everyone spends their time obsessing about race.

They're moving to ISRAEL, but they don't obsess about their identity? I mean, I don't see how much more obsessed you can get than to pick up your entire life and move it to a racial-nationalist project in the desert.

Oh snap!:lol:

If only there was some god forsaken place we could ship all the assholes in the US to......

If only there was some god forsaken place we could ship all the assholes in the US to......

There is, we used to call it Michigan, but thanks to 12 years of a Democrat Governor we now refer to it as the formerly great state of Michigan now known as Little Canada.

There is, we used to call it Michigan, but thanks to 12 years of a Democrat Governor we now refer to it as the formerly great state of Michigan now known as Little Canada.

Dun be hating on Michigan, Charles. How's about we dump them all in New Jersey?

Now that Christi is cleaning that mess up? Nah. Pick another place.

hehe

That is their HOME. They were in this country for a few years working. So. They are merely going home. ;)

Could it be because the blacks who stayed down south let themselves be pushovers, while the ones that went up north did so because they were tried of being shit on, and when shit on up north said "enough is enough" and turned violent?

Isn't it also interesting to note that it took a lot of black and white northerners coming down south and protesting segregation?

I'm from the deep south and I have a theory on the riot or should I say less riots in the South compared to other regions of the U.S. During the Rodney King riots in LA if you watched the TV coverage it was mostly looting and throwing bricks and swinging what ever the mob could find,if the same riot broke out in the South where probably 90% own a gun (or several) and i mean black and white,the result would have been totally diferent. Your mindset is different when dealing with an armed population, I grew up was educated and have worked with black folks my entire life and no way does the average southern family(black&white) let their person,family, or property get destroyed without someone paying for it.
Every car,truck,home,and person is potentially armed and that would be in the back of any mans mind that wanted to start a riot and destroy property and assault the populace. The state of Georgia has laws that will let you protect life and property if you feel that your lfe is in jeopardy, which is loosely defined, such as its your word against a dead man.
Hope this does not offend anyone just my observation of living here.

I'm from the deep south and I have a theory on the riot or should I say less riots in the South compared to other regions of the U.S. During the Rodney King riots in LA if you watched the TV coverage it was mostly looting and throwing bricks and swinging what ever the mob could find,if the same riot broke out in the South where probably 90% own a gun (or several) and i mean black and white,the result would have been totally diferent. Your mindset is different when dealing with an armed population, I grew up was educated and have worked with black folks my entire life and no way does the average southern family(black&white) let their person,family, or property get destroyed without someone paying for it.
Every car,truck,home,and person is potentially armed and that would be in the back of any mans mind that wanted to start a riot and destroy property and assault the populace. The state of Georgia has laws that will let you protect life and property if you feel that your lfe is in jeopardy, which is loosely defined, such as its your word against a dead man.

I don't think your post is offensive, but I am not sure I agree. 90% own a gun? That is a LOT.
I don't see, hear, or know of people that tote guns. And not sure what this has to do with race relations.

I don't think your post is offensive, but I am not sure I agree. 90% own a gun? That is a LOT.
I don't see, hear, or know of people that tote guns. And not sure what this has to do with race relations.

This is a reply to someone that had brought up race rioting, so it really dosent have much to do with race relations, just my take on his post.
whether it is 90% I bet you would be shocked at the % of people in the South that own guns , kept in home or on their person. I own 4 guns and that would be a low number for where i live, a lot are for hunting but can double for personal protection. Georgia law does not require a person to have a handgun liscence to carry concealed in their auto only to carry concealed on their person.

Forum List

Back