Are White Southerners Oversensitive?

I'm from the deep south and I have a theory on the riot or should I say less riots in the South compared to other regions of the U.S. During the Rodney King riots in LA if you watched the TV coverage it was mostly looting and throwing bricks and swinging what ever the mob could find,if the same riot broke out in the South where probably 90% own a gun (or several) and i mean black and white,the result would have been totally diferent. Your mindset is different when dealing with an armed population, I grew up was educated and have worked with black folks my entire life and no way does the average southern family(black&white) let their person,family, or property get destroyed without someone paying for it.
Every car,truck,home,and person is potentially armed and that would be in the back of any mans mind that wanted to start a riot and destroy property and assault the populace. The state of Georgia has laws that will let you protect life and property if you feel that your lfe is in jeopardy, which is loosely defined, such as its your word against a dead man.
Hope this does not offend anyone just my observation of living here.

I don't think your post is offensive, but I am not sure I agree. 90% own a gun? That is a LOT.
I don't see, hear, or know of people that tote guns. And not sure what this has to do with race relations.

This is a reply to someone that had brought up race rioting, so it really dosent have much to do with race relations, just my take on his post.
whether it is 90% I bet you would be shocked at the % of people in the South that own guns , kept in home or on their person. I own 4 guns and that would be a low number for where i live, a lot are for hunting but can double for personal protection. Georgia law does not require a person to have a handgun liscence to carry concealed in their auto only to carry concealed on their person.

Must depend on the circles a person runs in. I do not own a gun.

And you know that first hand?? :doubt:

Nope just by obeserving southerners shortcomings.

I am just glad they finally outlawed thse 10 ft high 4 wheelers on the highways.

But how would you be able to observe such?

You spelled observing and those wrong. Where are you from again? :lol:

finners and such do not work as well as they once did.
apologies.

I am from the only state to have both a Union and Confederate capitol at the same time.

I am just glad they finally outlawed thse 10 ft high 4 wheelers on the highways.

apologies.

I am from the only state to have both a Union and Confederate capitol at the same time.

Ah okay. Sorry about your fingers.
Would be nice if you didn't try and stereotype southerners. :)

apologies.

Strange thing about stereotypes they are on track more ofthen than not.
I grew up a genuine hillbilly. One room schoolhouse with a pot bellied stove and no plumbing. Walked 2 miles each to school, all uphill of course.
We had to take our own steel to write on the rock slabs.

ps I was kidding it was only uphill to school.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
apologies.

Strange thing about stereotypes they are on track more ofthen than not.
I grew up a genuine hillbilly. One room schoolhouse with a pot bellied stove and no plumbing. Walked 2 miles each to school, all uphill of course.
We had to take our own steel to write on the rock slabs.

ps I was kidding it was only uphill to school.

:lol::lol:

Us northerners had to walk barefooted uphill through snow. Southern people are just not cut out for the hard lives we've led up here.

*Laughs*

elementary-school-1st-graders-on-a-snowy-hill-02.jpg

I'm seen it stated in several thread that Blacks are oversensitive to race or criticism. Is the same true of White Southerners?

Lost the Civil War, were economically backward compared to the North for nearly a century. Instituted Jim Crow laws to make themselves feel superior again by bullying people lower on the totem pole than themselves. Had those laws pulled away from them in the mid-part of the 20th century. Saw and are still seeing a gradual dwindling of the power structure they had established. Get really up in arms about Yankees moving into their towns and buying land. Get really up in arms and sensitive when the official line of Southern oppression and victimhood due to losing the Civil War and slavery, and Jim Crow are ridiculed. As a defense, if anyone makes criticisms likes to call those critics racists or other types of ad hominem insults. Or they say that all those evil from the past are just "heritage."

Tell me, does anyone else see a slight parallel? A double standard?
And just so we're clear, I'm not saying that all Southerners are like this, or that all Southerners are racist. I would argue that the majority of White Southerners do carry some of these sentiments to a certain degree.

The parallel I see are a bunch of dumbass Yankees who do nothing but perpetuate rhetoric borne of ignorance rushing down South to find work.

How about the largest chapter of the KKK in its history was headquartered in Indiana?

How about New Yorkers rioting during the Civil War against the US draft?

Then there's the fact the Civil War was about money and power and slavery the excuse used by the North? Northerners treated blacks every bit as bad, probably worse, than Southerners. The war was fought by the poor on both sides for the wealthy on both sides for power in government.

Learn your facts, rube. What a dumbass perpetuating lies and myths are you.

I'm seen it stated in several thread that Blacks are oversensitive to race or criticism. Is the same true of White Southerners?

Lost the Civil War, were economically backward compared to the North for nearly a century. Instituted Jim Crow laws to make themselves feel superior again by bullying people lower on the totem pole than themselves. Had those laws pulled away from them in the mid-part of the 20th century. Saw and are still seeing a gradual dwindling of the power structure they had established. Get really up in arms about Yankees moving into their towns and buying land. Get really up in arms and sensitive when the official line of Southern oppression and victimhood due to losing the Civil War and slavery, and Jim Crow are ridiculed. As a defense, if anyone makes criticisms likes to call those critics racists or other types of ad hominem insults. Or they say that all those evil from the past are just "heritage."

And just so we're clear, I'm not saying that all Southerners are like this, or that all Southerners are racist. I would argue that the majority of White Southerners do carry some of these sentiments to a certain degree.

The parallel I see are a bunch of dumbass Yankees who do nothing but perpetuate rhetoric borne of ignorance rushing down South to find work.

How about the largest chapter of the KKK in its history was headquartered in Indiana?

Then there's the fact the Civil War was about money and power and slavery the excuse used by the North? Northerners treated blacks every bit as bad, probably worse, than Southerners. The war was fought by the poor on both sides for the wealthy on both sides for power in government.

Not to mention that our first black president was from Arkansas

Clinton.jpg

This is all great stuff Gunny, but dun be blaming Ozmar's fuckwhitery on Yankees. He's an Aussie immigrant to the US; I dun think he's even ever been north of the Mason-Dixon Line. He's an embarrassment to Australia, not New York. I'm waiting for JW or Dr. Grump to slam him.

Stereotypes....for when actually waiting until you know a person is just too fuckin' hard.

This is all great stuff Gunny, but dun be blaming Ozmar's fuckwhitery on Yankees. He's an Aussie immigrant to the US; I dun think he's even ever been north of the Mason-Dixon Line. He's an embarrassment to Australia, not New York. I'm waiting for JW or Dr. Grump to slam him.

Stereotypes....for when actually waiting until you know a person is just too fuckin' hard.

Oh no, personal attacks! LMAO! Ad hominem from the trailer park queen.

Look how many pages this thread has had you oversensitive fucks. :lol::lol:

White southerners are oversensitive because of their little weiners.

And you know that first hand?? :doubt:

And southern mens status just went up a while back. Budweiser is now owned by Austria :beer:

You are a bigot and do not even know it.

You lump Southerns into a group with predetermined attributes that you have in your mind.

Way to go.

So you are a bigot too then eh? Do you look down on everyone who lives in a trailer?

I bet the all the cool people in Australia threw your ass out bodily. Jesus H. Christ, you're an offensive -- and yet useless -- asswipe.

Forum List

Back