Are we undergoing global cooling?

expat_panama

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2011
By Dale Leuck March 17, 2018

Data available in both text and csv formats at the NASA, GISS website have been routinely cited as indicative of global warming despite their known weaknesses. The three years 2015 through 2017 are widely reported as the three hottest years on record.

Tony Heller, however, has demonstrated that tampering with data from the U.S. Climatology Network (USHCN) has created the illusion of much higher temperatures in reported data than in the original data, for the continental United States. This leads one to wonder how much not so widely known "adjustments" in GISS data have been responsible for similar results at a global level.

The GISS data are updated around the middle of each month, and I have compared the January and March versions in figure 1, for the years 1881 through 2017. The data are smoothed over two years, in that, for example, the 1881 data point is the average of 1880 and 1881 and 2017 the average for 2016 and 2017. This is commonly done to make data more presentable, allowing movements to be more clearly discerned and to smooth out the effects of "abnormal" years...

...any data set from only 1880, and inadequately covering the earth's surface area, does not provide a definitive answer to the question of "global warming" in terms of geological time of thousands of years, and representing the entirety of the Earth. But, as it has been the data set often referenced to substantiate global warming, one would have thought the substantially lower temperatures of the last many months would have merited highlighting in the mainstream media.​

Read more: Are we undergoing global cooling?

The data definitely show global cooling in a form I did see mentioned in the article. Instead of seeing new annual temperatures reaching new lows what we really have are past recorded temperatures plummeting year after year [from the article:

204926_5_.png

This has been also happening for temperatures farther back in history which also have been falling at an ever increasing rate:

Ministry Of Truth – Erasing The Medieval Warm Period. | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog

Data available in both text and csv formats at the NASA, GISS website have been routinely cited as indicative of global warming despite their known weaknesses. The three years 2015 through 2017 are widely reported as the three hottest years on record.

Tony Heller, however, has demonstrated that tampering with data from the U.S. Climatology Network (USHCN) has created the illusion of much higher temperatures in reported data than in the original data, for the continental United States. This leads one to wonder how much not so widely known "adjustments" in GISS data have been responsible for similar results at a global level.

The GISS data are updated around the middle of each month, and I have compared the January and March versions in figure 1, for the years 1881 through 2017. The data are smoothed over two years, in that, for example, the 1881 data point is the average of 1880 and 1881 and 2017 the average for 2016 and 2017. This is commonly done to make data more presentable, allowing movements to be more clearly discerned and to smooth out the effects of "abnormal" years...

...any data set from only 1880, and inadequately covering the earth's surface area, does not provide a definitive answer to the question of "global warming" in terms of geological time of thousands of years, and representing the entirety of the Earth. But, as it has been the data set often referenced to substantiate global warming, one would have thought the substantially lower temperatures of the last many months would have merited highlighting in the mainstream media.​

The data definitely show global cooling in a form I did see mentioned in the article. Instead of seeing new annual temperatures reaching new lows what we really have are past recorded temperatures plummeting year after year [from the article:

204926_5_.png

This has been also happening for temperatures farther back in history which also have been falling at an ever increasing rate:

Ministry Of Truth – Erasing The Medieval Warm Period. | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog
/----/ I asked Global Warmers for years what would they say if this happens. That's when I first learned I was a Nazi and a Denier.

204926_5_.png

Potentially we're going through a NATURAL cooling period and a MAN MADE warming period.

204926_5_.png

Potentially we're going through a NATURAL cooling period and a MAN MADE warming period.
/----/ BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
early enviroment.jpg

...we're going through a NATURAL cooling period and a MAN MADE warming period.
--as proven by what, the fact that temps are falling but not by as much and they 'would have if'? Given the controversy over what is, showing hard measurements of that 'would have" part will be virtually impossible.

...we're going through a NATURAL cooling period and a MAN MADE warming period.
--as proven by what, the fact that temps are falling but not by as much and they 'would have if'? Given the controversy over what is, showing hard measurements of that 'would have" part will be virtually impossible.

The first word I wrote was "Potentially" and you then quote everything I wrote except "Potentially". That's being very dishonest there already.

If I write "Potentially", it means that I don't have PROOF. Evidence is there, but proof is something else.

Snow and flight cancellations in London's Heathrow airport a couple of days before spring. The chilling (pardon the pun) thought is that that big nuclear reactor in the sky determines the climate of the 3rd rock and geological history reminds us that the Sun is a moody bitch. A new thousand year ice age is the most horrific thing that could happen to humanity.

Snow and flight cancellations in London's Heathrow airport a couple of days before spring. The chilling (pardon the pun) thought is that that big nuclear reactor in the sky determines the climate of the 3rd rock and geological history reminds us that the Sun is a moody bitch. A new thousand year ice age is the most horrific thing that could happen to humanity.

Just because it's cold in London, doesn't imply global cooling.

Just because it's cold in London, doesn't imply global cooling.
/----/ Except when it's warm in London, then it implys global warming.

...that big nuclear reactor in the sky determines the climate...
There's all kinds of talk these days about how the earth's warming because of sooo many factors, somehow none of the factors being studied is the periodic change in solar activity.

... everything I wrote except "Potentially". That's being very dishonest ... ...Evidence is there, but...
There's evidence and you just haven't shown the evidence here and I'm a bad guy.

Good for you. Cheers!

Had you simply asked me for the evidence, rather than the proof, and had you not been dishonest about your quoting, I mean, you had to go to effort to remove the first word right? Why? Why the fuck would you do that?

It'd have been much simpler had you not been playing games.

I don't have time right now to make my case, but to be honest, I can't be bothered if you're going to play games.

You get to see patterns on this forum. Patterns of things people do that point to them being people who will read what your write, or who will just fuck around and fuck around and then just ignore everything you've written.

Right now you're flagging up signs of being in the latter category, and until this changes, I'm not going to spend much time on you.

I have seen global climate change. We in the west have dryer warmer climates, droughts you in the west get 4 in a row nor'esters and huge storms. Mean while, we in the west, we get dry heat and nought in terms of precipitation, dry as a bone.It was never like this before. This isn't normal either way. You have to agree, either way, something is wrong here...

Last edited:
I have seen global climate change. We in the west have dryer warmer climates, droughts you in the west get 4 in a row nor'esters and huge storms. Mean while, we in the west, we get dry heat and nought in terms of precipitation, dry as a bone.It was never like this before. This isn't normal either way. You have to agree, either way, something is wrong here...
Five feet of snow in the Sierras and cool weather as far south as San Diego. Unless you are a victim of propaganda or were born yesterday the climate of the U.S. is just as quirky as it was in the 20th, 19th and 18th century.

Five feet of snow in the Sierras and cool weather as far south as San Diego. Unless you are a victim of propaganda or were born yesterday the climate of the U.S. is just as quirky as it was in the 20th, 19th and 18th century.
Colorado hasn't seen but a tad touch of jack frost in a few years, is true we haven't seen much rain or snow and even in winter we are under a red advisory even in winter, and that says it all.

90 thousand years...

Just sayin...

You hit the nail on the head, with that "Quirky" remark. It gives the deniers a lot of wiggle room. But, "quirky" flippantly doesn't address overall long term effect climate change human beings are creating, it just makes these extreme variables in weather seem to fit into normal parameters.Don't accept "quirky" as an excuse.

You hit the nail on the head, with that "Quirky" remark. It gives the deniers a lot of wiggle room. But, "quirky" flippantly doesn't address overall long term effect climate change human beings are creating, it just makes these extreme variables in weather seem to fit into normal parameters.Don't accept "quirky" as an excuse.
/——/ Oh no, the sky is falling

/——/ Oh no, the sky is falling
I feel like a Casandra. Eye rolling, mockery and the whole nine yards.

Forum List

Back