Are we Starting a Military Space Race?

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
Are we Starting a Military Space Race?
https://townhall.com/columnists/lore...-race-n2516547
Lorenzo Ortega -- Starting? When did it stop? The real question is: who’s paying for it now? Space has just come to the forefront because we now recognize how critical Space has become to our life. Civil space technology is now WAY ahead of our military. Strangely this is more a race between US Venture Capitalists and the Russians, Chinese, North Korea and Iran. The military is along for the ride. The Space Race has become one where our commercial companies are now developing and providing capabilities at a price that our military can only dream of and foreign country militaries just read about in shock and wonder if it’s all made up as a press relations stunt, right until they have to block it from the internet of their citizens, like Google maps... How do we stay ahead of the Russians, Chinese, Iranians and North Koreans? We take the commanding lead we have from our civil space, stay out of their way for profits, and we keep America First.

~~~~~~
IMHO, no we are not starting a Military Space Race. It began some time ago.
I'm pleased to see that we've finally awakened. As usual America has been sleeping, well, at least for the last eight years. I'm delighted that venture capital is being invested to further space exploration.
Actually NASA has been encouraging the privatization of space for decades, ever since the ISS started construction, for the simple reason the author pointed out. Private industry with a profit motive can always do whatever your asking of it for less money and waste than the government.
Maybe I missed it but the author failed to point out the fact that space has already been weaponized by China and Russia if not a few more. The Chinese have already conducted test re: the destruction of satellites. In time of war, they have the ability to start taking out our satellites ahead of time. Thereby crippling our military. Trump is wise and is responding to this, apparently Obama didn't see the need. While he was Fundamentally Transforming America.

~~~~~~
2007 Chinese anti-satellite missile test - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Chinese_anti-satellite_missile_test
On January 11, 2007, China conducted an anti-satellite missile test. A Chinese weather satellite—the FY-1C polar orbit satellite of the Fengyun series, at an altitude of 865 kilometres (537 mi), with a mass of 750 kg —was destroyed by a kinetic kill vehicle traveling with a speed of 8 km/s in the opposite direction (see Head-on engagement).It …
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anti-satellite weapon - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-satellite_weapon
The first launch of the new anti-satellite missile took place in January 1984. ... approaching its target over time and then exploding a shrapnel warhead close enough to kill it. The missile was launched when a target satellite's ground ... The successful flight test of Russia’s direct ascent anti-satellite missile, known as PL-19 Nudol ...

Space force is about monitoring (perhaps more likely combating) international financial transactions between foreign nations in a time when our dollar is becoming of little value and at a time when more and more nations are joining the Asian and BRICs banks.

We're seeing some interesting mergers between nations who are putting satellites in space. Those satellites serve a purpose, most likely to keep their transactions (and currencies used) secure and independent of the failing dollar.

It should come as no surprise that the US wants to militarize space in this regard.

Recall that the majority of NSA spying was not on our phone calls, the majority of the NSA spying was on the financial transactions of other nations. And the yresponded. Those nations have since merged in space. Again, those nations are also joing the Asian and BRICS banks.

This has been going on for a few years, acually. But the war party can't justify militarizing space and interfering with economic transactions of other nations without ''patriotizing'' it to the electorate first.

As usual, the propaganda to get it going will be cyber-security against those pesky Russians. And, of course, the people will love them for it. lolol.

WWIII, in my humble view, will be purely digital. Almost silent. I have most of my eletronics in faraday cages just in case the rest of the world doesn't just sit by and tolerate it. lol. I'm a safety guy, so...

Old Jeeps are also emp proof with just a few parts swaps. Very simple to do. But I digress. Heh heh.

Last edited:
I certainly hope so ... the last time we had a space race was 50 years ago and it led to a massive leap in space technology that has been stalled ever since it ended.

~~~~~~
2007 Chinese anti-satellite missile test - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Chinese_anti-satellite_missile_test
On January 11, 2007, China conducted an anti-satellite missile test. A Chinese weather satellite—the FY-1C polar orbit satellite of the Fengyun series, at an altitude of 865 kilometres (537 mi), with a mass of 750 kg —was destroyed by a kinetic kill vehicle traveling with a speed of 8 km/s in the opposite direction (see Head-on engagement).It …
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anti-satellite weapon - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-satellite_weapon
The first launch of the new anti-satellite missile took place in January 1984. ... approaching its target over time and then exploding a shrapnel warhead close enough to kill it. The missile was launched when a target satellite's ground ... The successful flight test of Russia’s direct ascent anti-satellite missile, known as PL-19 Nudol ...

China certainly will not stop their space program if we fall behind we are screwed.

Only a life-form which is able to use - but not to misuse - titanic powers will be able to be a "space-race". Military power is always misuse of power and abortion is an indicator that the human race is only a killer race and not a star traveling race.

With other words: Human beings, who have in the little finger the might to destroy planets or suns will destroy planets and suns - including their own futures.

Last edited:
Militery power is always misuse of power and abortion is an indicator that rtfhe human race is only a killer race and not a star traveling race.

It will be a millennium or more before we travel to the stars, if ever. I wouldn't mind a vacation on the moon just like we were promised back when I was a kid.

lunar_adventures.jpg

Space force is about monitoring (perhaps more likely combating) international financial transactions between foreign nations in a time when our dollar is becoming of little value and at a time when more and more nations are joining the Asian and BRICs banks.

We're seeing some interesting mergers between nations who are putting satellites in space. Those satellites serve a purpose, most likely to keep their transactions (and currencies used) secure and independent of the failing dollar.

It should come as no surprise that the US wants to militarize space in this regard.

Recall that the majority of NSA spying was not on our phone calls, the majority of the NSA spying was on the financial transactions of other nations. And the yresponded. Those nations have since merged in space. Again, those nations are also joing the Asian and BRICS banks.

This has been going on for a few years, acually. But the war party can't justify militarizing space and interfering with economic transactions of other nations without ''patriotizing'' it to the electorate first.

As usual, the propaganda to get it going will be cyber-security against those pesky Russians. And, of course, the people will love them for it. lolol.

WWIII, in my humble view, will be purely digital. Almost silent. I have most of my eletronics in faraday cages just in case the rest of the world doesn't just sit by and tolerate it. lol. I'm a safety guy, so...

Old Jeeps are also emp proof with just a few parts swaps. Very simple to do. But I digress. Heh heh.
What good does keeping ones devices in a faraday cage do; when the systems, and infrastructure required to make them useful is destroyed?

Militery power is always misuse of power and abortion is an indicator that rtfhe human race is only a killer race and not a star traveling race.

It will be a millennium or more before we travel to the stars, if ever. I wouldn't mind a vacation on the moon just like we were promised back when I was a kid.

lunar_adventures.jpg

When I grew up I was somehow sure today I will work in a space station or a moon in the orbit of one of our big gas planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus or Neptun. And where I am? In Germany in the internet communicating with someone who lives in the United Empire of Trump. :lol:

Last edited:

lunar_adventures.jpg

When I grew up I was somehow sure today I will work in a space station or a moon in the orbit of one of our big gas planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus or Neptun. And where I am? In Germany in the internet communicating with someone who lives in the United Empire of Trump. :lol:

Funny isn't it, When I enlisted into the military, I pleaded with my career councilor to place me into a vocation related to the budding space science project. I failed in my quest too. I was at one time an avid Buck Rogers and reader of Isaac Asimov. Today I marvel at the advances of science and technology and I keep the faith that even after I am dust advances will continue.

lunar_adventures.jpg

Funny isn't it, When I enlisted into the military, I pleaded with my career councilor to place me into a vocation related to the budding space science project. I failed in my quest too. I was at one time an avid Buck Rogers and reader of Isaac Asimov. Today I marvel at the advances of science and technology and I keep the faith that even after I am dust advances will continue.

Fear not. Humanity will progress without you...

lunar_adventures.jpg
Not me. The moon is not a comfortable place. I would not mind a fancy space station with all the luxuries.

lunar_adventures.jpg

"And this be our motto: „In God is our trust.“"

If you had control over your spirit then you had an unbelievable power. It's not a joke that Jesus said the belief in god is able to move mountains. It's even able to move universes. In theory every human being would be able to do so with the power of the own spirit. But we are not ready to use in the right way the unbelievable power of the spirit. And I guess it's wise to be happy, that we still don't have this power.

Last edited:

lunar_adventures.jpg
Not me. The moon is not a comfortable place.

Compared with other places in the universe it's the paradise.

I would not mind a fancy space station with all the luxuries.

lunar_adventures.jpg

Compared with what God provided for us on Earth, it's not. Nowhere else it's not. I know this from all the probes we sent. This is observational science.

We're just not made to be multiplanetary. I can accept dying here based on the grace of God.

lunar_adventures.jpg

Compared with what God provided for us on Earth, it's not. Nowhere else it's not. I know this from all the probes we sent. This is observational science.

We're just not made to be multiplanetary. I can accept dying here based on the grace of God.

What doesn't mean god made human beings without interplanetary wings. ;-)

lunar_adventures.jpg

God didn't do that, but observational science shows that we can't get there from here to there. And there isn't a place where we can make long-term residence and be sustainable. The fine tuning facts bear this out.

lunar_adventures.jpg

God didn't do that ...

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Forum List

Back