Are We Screwing Up With Iran?

just as long as we dont elect anyone stupid enough to give them nuclear fuel i think we will be alright.

just as long as we dont elect anyone stupid enough to give them nuclear fuel i think we will be alright.

Anything less than full disclosure is a threat to US. IF UN cannot deal with, which is obvious, than US must.

Wasn't anybody watching the debate. While we were busy chasing Saddam, Iran and N.Korea were developing nukes. Furthermore, we did not even try to buy the nuclear material from the former soviet union. These points stuck in my mind. We can't go to war with everyone. Just Iraq is tying up 8 divisions. The best way to get the Nukes out of their hands is with a carrot and not a stick thru bilateral negotiations. It will cost a lot less than 200 billion.

Don't be silly, they have the capacity to make some very nasty weapons with the tech they have now. Forget about true nuclear bombs, they can make dirty bombs, and they can buy enriched uranium and plutonium on the black market.

And there is evidently quite a bit of red mercury unacconted for from the former Soviet Union - and any idiot can build a very nasty bomb with this and some U-238, or a mini-nuetron bomb the size of a baseball that can easily be smuggled. Red mercury evidently explodes with enough intensity to generate fusion without a complex trigger (I'm still trying to get more info on this stuff).

Wade.

vision1 said:
Wasn't anybody watching the debate. While we were busy chasing Saddam, Iran and N.Korea were developing nukes. Furthermore, we did not even try to buy the nuclear material from the former soviet union. These points stuck in my mind. We can't go to war with everyone. Just Iraq is tying up 8 divisions. The best way to get the Nukes out of their hands is with a carrot and not a stick thru bilateral negotiations. It will cost a lot less than 200 billion.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Please tell me you really dont think we need to negotiate with Iran or North Korea. I suppose you also think the best way to get the guns out of criminals hands is to make a few new laws also?? Iran is walking a fine line right now and when Bush wins this election they will run to the table to give there ambitions up before we force them to. Countries like those dont follow rules so why make them for them to break. [/FONT] undefinedundefined

stephenvdh said:
Please tell me you really dont think we need to negotiate with Iran or North Korea. I suppose you also think the best way to get the guns out of criminals hands is to make a few new laws also?? Iran is walking a fine line right now and when Bush wins this election they will run to the table to give there ambitions up before we force them to. Countries like those dont follow rules so why make them for them to break.

Maybe in 4 or 5 years we might be able to take on Iraq. Right now, we are fully commited to Iraq and Afghanistan, with something like 90% of our forces deployed. We CANNOT take on Iran right now, let alone North Korea!

Wade.

wade said:
Maybe in 4 or 5 years we might be able to take on Iraq. Right now, we are fully commited to Iraq and Afghanistan, with something like 90% of our forces deployed. We CANNOT take on Iran right now, let alone North Korea!

Wade.

and when we do? You will ****your pants, right?

Kathianne said:
and when we do? You will ****your pants, right?

Actually I don't think it will happen. I think the consequences of the Iran fiasco upon our economy will preclude such actions - even though they may be necessary.

Wade.

wade said:

Wade.

That's right. Can't do it. Can't be done. More gloom and doom scenarios from wade. As regular as the deep ocean currents which distribute heat evenly around the world, and are theoretically threatened by the desalinizing effect of glacial melting. :rolleyes:

rtwngAvngr said:
That's right. Can't do it. Can't be done. More gloom and doom scenarios from wade. As regular as the deep ocean currents which distribute heat evenly around the world, and are theoretically threatened by the desalinizing effect of glacial melting. :rolleyes:

And where are you proposing the forces are going to come from?

WE CANNOT DO IT NOW BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY MILITARY CAPABILITY LEFT.

That's pretty obvious isn't it?

No "gloom and doom" involved, just simple fact.

wade said:
And where are you proposing the forces are going to come from?

WE CANNOT DO IT NOW BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY MILITARY CAPABILITY LEFT.

That's pretty obvious isn't it?

No "gloom and doom" involved, just simple fact.

When did we run out of bombs ?

So you are suggesting we try the same bombing policy that you guys claim failed in Iraq now against Iran?

wade said:
So you are suggesting we try the same bombing policy that you guys claim failed in Iraq now against Iran?

No. Pay attention, asscrumb. We are suggesting we have military capability left.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. Pay attention, asscrumb. We are suggesting we have military capability left.

You were warned.. now you're ignored.

Forum List

Back