Are We Ready For The Fall Of Baghdad?- The US Embassy?

The most comical thing about the posts of the last few days is that when the OP was written back in October, ISIS was indeed, approaching Baghdad and there was genuine concern that they could launch attacks on the airport and Green Zone. Today ISIS is constructing a series of defensive trenches to surround their own self declared capital of Mosul. It is they that are in danger of seeing their capital invaded and they are the ones who are surrounded by Iraqi and Kurd forces. They have lost city after city, town after town and been decimated by the air campaign despite the mocking of our air crews, military planners, President and advisers on the ground by the obsessed Obama deranged haters.

The US Embassey will not be breached.

The hard times are in ISIS controlled Sunni Cities:

. Residents in Fallujah and Mosul report shortages of fruits, vegetables and cooking gas, causing significant price hikes. Power outages are frequent.

roflmao, I didn't say that, you ignorant fuck head

Sure you said it:

The current situation with Baghdad is that it has its eastern area full of mountains with little transport through it, not to mention the Iranian borde

What does "area full of mountains with little transport through it" mean to you? You lied. Actual maps show plenty of roads going through those mountains.

Last edited:
Geaux 10052108
Late this week, the Iraq army leadership basically said that unless US forces arrive to help them defend the western approaches to the city, they will throw down their weapons and go home – and I believe they will

Why do conservatives like Geaux4it grant credibility to such mental trash as
"Iraq army leadership basically said..." ? "Basically" is rightwinger code for "its a lie but lies are necessary to attack Obama for anything that happens or doesn't happen in the entire universe.

The most comical thing about the posts of the last few days is that when the OP was written back in October, ISIS was indeed, approaching Baghdad and there was genuine concern that they could launch attacks on the airport and Green Zone. Today ISIS is constructing a series of defensive trenches to surround their own self declared capital of Mosul. It is they that are in danger of seeing their capital invaded and they are the ones who are surrounded by Iraqi and Kurd forces. They have lost city after city, town after town and been decimated by the air campaign despite the mocking of our air crews, military planners, President and advisers on the ground by the obsessed Obama deranged haters.

Well, well, and if ISIS didn't set the Iraqis back on their heels this summer and capture Ramadi, oh, and Palmyra too in Syria.

Yeah, they sure look like they are in full retreat! /sarc

Chickenhawks for the win.....NOT!

It has become clear Obama is over matched at every juncture. The man has an impressive resume of failures to weigh him and America down

-Geaux

-------------------

I recently was in Vietnam and spent some time in prosperous, capitalist Saigon, now called Ho Chi Minh City, and toured the American War Museum. I believe there are a number of parallels between the Vietnam and Iraq War and that history could repeat itself now in Baghdad. Who can forget the former Vietnamese supporters of America being left behind as the last helicopter left the roof of the US embassy?

Hence the ISIS advance in Anbar province to just outside the airport is a direct threat to the Green Zone because their forces will be moving through predominantly Sunni neighborhoods all the way east to the American embassy. They could but surprisingly have not attempted to shut down the airport and here is where the situation gets interesting. Late this week, the Iraq army leadership basically said that unless US forces arrive to help them defend the western approaches to the city, they will throw down their weapons and go home – and I believe they will.

The scenario I see is the first attack will likely be against the most heavily defended target, the US embassy and the Green Zone. The ISIS fighters are not strong enough to take the heavily fortified green zone by direct assault and so it will probably fail.

The US will then attempt to fly in reinforcements to the airport and this will be when ISIS will start mortar fire and attempt to close the Baghdad airport as well as attack any convoys through the Sunni neighborhoods heading to the Green Zone. They will likely be able to shut down the airport, thus forcing reinforcements and embassy staff leaving to use helicopters for transportation to airfields further south in Iraq or maybe even to Kuwait. Closing the airport will be a major public relations victory for ISIS.

A siege of the Green Zone and American embassy will likely then take place and the US will be forced to destroy by air the Sunni neighborhoods surrounding the area from the zone west to the airport at a minimum resulting in heavy Sunni civilian causalities. Once again, more bad PR for the United States.

Eventually, the US may well be forced to close the embassy and withdraw from the Green Zone, which will result in videos that remind the American public of the Saigon collapse back on April 30, 1975. This would be a tremendous PR victory for the extremists, resulting in more fighter recruits.

Finally, if the US is forced to withdraw from their fortified embassy then, of course, ISIS will take over America's largest embassy in the world. Note, this embassy compound can hold 35,000 American personnel and is basically a small city-state within Baghdad that is massively defended.

Are We Ready For The Fall Of Baghdad Zero Hedge

The Embassy should have a small (10-15 kiloton) nuclear device in the subbasement. If the Embassy is ever overrun, it should be detonated.

It has become clear Obama is over matched at every juncture. The man has an impressive resume of failures to weigh him and America down

-Geaux

-------------------

I recently was in Vietnam and spent some time in prosperous, capitalist Saigon, now called Ho Chi Minh City, and toured the American War Museum. I believe there are a number of parallels between the Vietnam and Iraq War and that history could repeat itself now in Baghdad. Who can forget the former Vietnamese supporters of America being left behind as the last helicopter left the roof of the US embassy?

Hence the ISIS advance in Anbar province to just outside the airport is a direct threat to the Green Zone because their forces will be moving through predominantly Sunni neighborhoods all the way east to the American embassy. They could but surprisingly have not attempted to shut down the airport and here is where the situation gets interesting. Late this week, the Iraq army leadership basically said that unless US forces arrive to help them defend the western approaches to the city, they will throw down their weapons and go home – and I believe they will.

The scenario I see is the first attack will likely be against the most heavily defended target, the US embassy and the Green Zone. The ISIS fighters are not strong enough to take the heavily fortified green zone by direct assault and so it will probably fail.

The US will then attempt to fly in reinforcements to the airport and this will be when ISIS will start mortar fire and attempt to close the Baghdad airport as well as attack any convoys through the Sunni neighborhoods heading to the Green Zone. They will likely be able to shut down the airport, thus forcing reinforcements and embassy staff leaving to use helicopters for transportation to airfields further south in Iraq or maybe even to Kuwait. Closing the airport will be a major public relations victory for ISIS.

A siege of the Green Zone and American embassy will likely then take place and the US will be forced to destroy by air the Sunni neighborhoods surrounding the area from the zone west to the airport at a minimum resulting in heavy Sunni civilian causalities. Once again, more bad PR for the United States.

Eventually, the US may well be forced to close the embassy and withdraw from the Green Zone, which will result in videos that remind the American public of the Saigon collapse back on April 30, 1975. This would be a tremendous PR victory for the extremists, resulting in more fighter recruits.

Finally, if the US is forced to withdraw from their fortified embassy then, of course, ISIS will take over America's largest embassy in the world. Note, this embassy compound can hold 35,000 American personnel and is basically a small city-state within Baghdad that is massively defended.

Are We Ready For The Fall Of Baghdad Zero Hedge

The Embassy should have a small (10-15 kiloton) nuclear device in the subbasement. If the Embassy is ever overrun, it should be detonated.

lol, I am sure the Iraqis would love to hear that solution!

Well, well, and if ISIS didn't set the Iraqis back on their heels this summer and capture Ramadi, oh, and Palmyra too in Syria.

Bagdad was never and not now even close to falling to Daesh terrorist scum.

The Daesh terrorist scum have scattered like rats when Shiite militias the Iraqi Army and Coalition airstrikes are attacking them. In Ramadi because of the sandstorm the air strikes were absent and the Shiite militias were not there. The next time the Shiite militia's will be there and your beloved ISIS will not do so well. It will be more like Tikrit.

Are you another who wants more Americans to die on the ground in Iraq?

The Embassy should have a small (10-15 kiloton) nuclear device in the subbasement. If the Embassy is ever overrun, it should be detonated

Dream on if you think the Embassey would ever be overrun by those Daesh terrorist scum. They only have success where Sunnis give the local support.

The Embassy should have a small (10-15 kiloton) nuclear device in the subbasement. If the Embassy is ever overrun, it should be detonated

Dream on if you think the Embassey would ever be overrun by those Daesh terrorist scum. They only have success where Sunnis give the local support.

Submitted by Ron Holland via The Daily Bell,

Ron Holland was an UN-American idiot when Geaux posted it and everyone is an UN-American idiot if they think he is not a bigger idiot now.

Val Jarrett is holding off the attack until after the November elections. It's going to be bad enough as it is. If her ISIS troops take Baghdad -- well it just totally throws away all the blood and sacrifice and may cost the Dems another Congressional seat or two

You really honestly thing most Americans care if Baghdad falls?

Not that there's really any danger of this. The Shi'ites won't fight for Mosul or Tikrit, but they will fight for Baghdad.

I agree. I could care less about Iraq. As far as I'm concerned we need to pull all of our people out of there and let ISIS have that shithole.

We left them with a duly elected Gov, a trained army and the ability to take their country in any direction they wanted to.

They asked us to leave and leave we did. It took them three years to lose it all.

If ISIS takes of the country then to damned bad. There are millions of Muslims out there who aren't jihadists. Let them get their world back. We've lost enough young men and woman to that shithole. We need to pull all of our people out of there and if ISIS wants the shithole, let em have it.

Bagdad was never and not now even close to falling to Daesh terrorist scum.

The Daesh terrorist scum have scattered like rats when Shiite militias the Iraqi Army and Coalition airstrikes are attacking them. In Ramadi because of the sandstorm the air strikes were absent and the Shiite militias were not there. The next time the Shiite militia's will be there and your beloved ISIS will not do so well. It will be more like Tikrit.

Are you another who wants more Americans to die on the ground in Iraq?

Lol, yeah the militias are so totally overwhelming on ISIS that they have already retaken Ramadi and Mosul and....oh, doh, NO THEY HAVE NOT! Sorry dude, but actual events make it plain that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Here is a clue or two for you.
1. ISIS is a force that is well trained and dependent on maneuver and intimidation to succeed. Bad weather in the winter slows down their effectiveness so they tend to operate on the offensive mostly in the summer months.

2. The Iraqi government is not ever going to trust the militias to be their full time primary military force because too many of them are pro-Iranian. Each time the Baghdad government has to call them out to fix some regular army screw up they strengthen Irans hand in the region and alienate pro-Western nations just a little bit more. Actually requesting assistance from Iran goes even further to isolate Baghdad from the West. So depending on them too much is a poison pill for them and they know it. That is Tehran's game and they are winning it.

But you don't really care to understand this situation and the pathetic claims now all shown to absolute rubbish about retaking Mosul last year all show how schizoid Obama partisans are. All you want to do is defend this homo President. Period, End of Story, no matter how many lies and how much spinning of the data you have to do to accomplish it.

And no, I don't want anyone to die in Iraq, especially not Americans. But you know what, dude? That is what war is. Death and suffering on all involved, the ultimate insanity of human existence. But it recurs over and over because weak kneed punks like you want to play fantasy games and you show the greedy bastards and the religious zealots soft targets and they eventually give in to temptation and go for it, figuring that if they can take you and others like you down and they can apologize enough to the world 'community' to finish feeding off your corpse before they appeal for peace and consolidate their gains.

YOU and others like YOU are the reason we have war, because you are a self-deluded weakling.

Val Jarrett is holding off the attack until after the November elections. It's going to be bad enough as it is. If her ISIS troops take Baghdad -- well it just totally throws away all the blood and sacrifice and may cost the Dems another Congressional seat or two

You really honestly thing most Americans care if Baghdad falls?

Not that there's really any danger of this. The Shi'ites won't fight for Mosul or Tikrit, but they will fight for Baghdad.

I agree. I could care less about Iraq. As far as I'm concerned we need to pull all of our people out of there and let ISIS have that shithole.

We left them with a duly elected Gov, a trained army and the ability to take their country in any direction they wanted to.

They asked us to leave and leave we did. It took them three years to lose it all.

If ISIS takes of the country then to damned bad. There are millions of Muslims out there who aren't jihadists. Let them get their world back. We've lost enough young men and woman to that shithole. We need to pull all of our people out of there and if ISIS wants the shithole, let em have it.

I agree, but we *could* accomplish a lot for ourselves by doing things that give a lot bang per buck, like providing air support, excellent training, logistical support, advanced equipment and financial support.

We are not doing all of that and what little we are doing is half hearted and FUBARed.

I guess that is what happens when you elect a Marxist 'community organizer' for President with ZERO military experience, ZERO business experience, and ZERO independent thought.

JB 11529599
And no, I don't want anyone to die in Iraq, especially not Americans

But you will support sending them to die because you need to show the world's enemies that you have strong knees. I see that but carrying a weak mind on strong knees is nothing to brag about.

Who was the weak kneed punk US President who showed the religious zealots the Pentagon and WTC as being such soft targets that they could not resist the temptation to kill three thousand innocent people there?

And why do you agree with this lunatic conservative idiot Xavier Lerma, a freelance conservative writer and columnist writing for Pravda who lives in Moscow? Why did you agree that America is the aggressor? The Iraq war did not start because there are self deluded weaklings living in the US. According to your Xavier Lerma the US government started the war in Iraq "in the name of Democracy"

You agreed with this:

. The US government starts wars in the name of democracy while accusing Russia for invading Ukraine and for supporting terrorism everywhere. Those who watch American TV believe it to be true. More laughter from the White House as they get away with murder in their country and abroad as the war scam continues. They seek to overthrow Russia in a bill, called the "Russian Aggression Prevention Act of 2014". It's another joke as the US has proven to be the aggressor.

Read more at Russia Calls the United States a Joke to the World - Freedom Outpost

And you agreed that Obama has continued the aggression.

Your Xavier Lerma doesn't quit with US aggression in Iraq - it is Ukraine too.

. The US and Kiev kill civilians and kills kids while blaming Russia. ....

The only combatants today are the Ukrainian puppet army (set up by the US who target civilians) and the SE Ukraine militia heroically trying to defend their families in Novorossia. The West still lies to its people declaring that Putin has invaded Ukraine, but how many American journalists are on the SE Ukraine battlefield today? Zero.

- See more at: No Russian Troops in Ukraine Obama Admits to Coup - English pravda.ru

And this

. Last Thursday, along comes the general of the whole Ukrainian army appointed by Poroshenko who was appointed by Obama. The Chief of Staff of Ukraine's entire Armed Forces, General Viktor Muzhenko says, Russian troops? What Russian troops? "We (Ukrainian army) are not engaged in combat operations against the Russian army."

It's Obama according to the idiot that you agree with who appointed Poroshenko and has caused the killing of kids in Ukraine.

Last edited:
JB 11529625
. I agree, but we *could* accomplish a lot for ourselves by doing things that give a lot bang per buck, like providing air support, excellent training, logistical support, advanced equipment and financial support.

We are not doing all of that and what little we are doing is half hearted and FUBARed.

So you agree with what you oppose (being weak kneed about war) and pulling our fighter pilots and trainers and advisers altogether and let the country, that Bush dumbly tore apart, fall to the Daesh terrorist scum? Could you possibly try to be consistent in any way.

So it turns out you are weak kneed and don't believe an active duty Air Force General who probably knows more about what's going on in Iraq than your weak kneed surrender monkey friends could ever know.

. A top US Air Force general insisted Friday the American-led air campaign against the Islamic State was effective, rejecting criticism that it was too slow or overly cautious. The bombing raids against the IS jihadists in Iraq and Syria have had a "profound effect on the enemy" and taken out "more than a 1,000 enemy fighters a month from the battlefield," said Lieutenant General John Hesterman, head of the air fleet under US Central Command. Coalition strikes have helped ground forces in Iraq and northern Syria regain territory from the IS and destroyed most of the group's oil refining capacity, Hesterman told reporters via telephone from Qatar.

Posted on 5 June 2015 | 9:30 pm

I'll take Lieutenant General John Hesterman's word over your bogus and conflicted Obama bashing fantasies anyday because you are nobody and he is somebody that knows what's going on in Iraq and the area.

Forum List

Back