Are We Out of Iraq Yet Obama???

Resolution 1441, which was a UNANIMOUS Security Council vote by the way, was the trigger for US coalition moves against Saddam.

Was anyone else on this planet during the Iraq war?

Do I need to go get the link for the Iraq war vote, any funding bill, the surge, etc.?

Where did the left go on Iraq? Looks like they abandoned ship on that issue now that Obama following the Bush plan for Iraq. Hell, where did the media go on this issue?

;)

1/20 changed everything, man...

1/20 changed everything...

he might be holding our soldiers there until he can empty gitmo and give the terrorists a chance to get back..

Resolution 1441, which was a UNANIMOUS Security Council vote by the way, was the trigger for US coalition moves against Saddam.

Do I need to go get the link for the Iraq war vote, any funding bill, the surge, etc.?

Where did the left go on Iraq? Looks like they abandoned ship on that issue now that Obama following the Bush plan for Iraq. Hell, where did the media go on this issue?

;)

i was on this planet. i remember the azores summit. the iraq war was not authorized by the UN. us-gb-spain and portugal wanted to get this authorization as 1441 was not enough. they were told they would lose that vote, so they scrapped that plan and instead started shock and awe. ho-hum. of course, the blame must now be shared by the opposition in the US and the world, ho-hum. fuck you!

Last edited:
I think the complete dismissal of Cindy Sheehan by Democrats clearly shows the hypocrisy of the left. It's a good education for all that back these Democrats, that they are no more than tools for obtaining power for rich, social elitists, and your views mean little to them.

Of course.

They actually should have learned that in 2006 when Dems took the Congress, then did nothing but rubber stamp everything Bush handed them.

Sure, they still talked tough. But, they did nothing to end the Iraq war. Did nothing about anything.

They actually should have learned that in 2006 when Dems took the Congress, then did nothing but rubber stamp everything Bush handed them.Sure, they still talked tough. But, they did nothing to end the Iraq war. Did nothing about anything.

I do not know what will convince Americans that we are being governed by the Demopublican Party.

What, three Democrats voted against the Iraq war? They wanted him to go to the UN, Bush did. He got their approval, and the rest is history. Democrats backed Bush the entire time he was in office. There was no massive majority by GOP, everything happened with Dem collusion.

I know Dems don't like to hear that, but go check out the votes during Bush's tour.

Only a bidenhole would deny the massive Democrat and media push for the Iraq war.
Hell, they demanded another debate in the Senate, in advance of the '02 elections, so they could all on board with their "meee toooo"s.

How many of them have since been voted out of office??....In fact, didn't they run the dipshit who cast one of those "aye" votes -Lurch Kerry- as their standard bearer in '04??
He was for the war...before he was against it.

By far the biggest lie told by Hopey Changey is that we will be out of Iraq by 2011. He has endlessly hyped that lie from day one. We will be in Iraq for several decades to come. We will have military bases in Iraq for the foreseeable future. We are not leaving Iraq any more than we left South Korea. He simply went out there and told his sheep what they wanted to hear. That's why i said during the campaign that John McCain was far more honest about Iraq than Barack Obama was. McCain caught h*ll from the Obama-run MSM but he was just being honest. This lie will be exposed at some point but just don't expect it to be exposed by the Obama-run MSM. It's actually very sad.

;)

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Bush was so confident, he along with the UK would put a official vote on the table. He didn't, he tried to sneak his way into saying the war was justifiable.

At this point, the US Administration asserted that Iraq remained in material breach of the UN Resolutions, and that, under 1441, this meant the Security Council had to convene immediately "in order to consider the situation and the need for full compliance with all of the relevant Council resolutions in order to secure international peace and security".

Before the meeting took place, French president Jacques Chirac declared on March 10 that France would veto any resolution which would automatically lead to war. This caused open displays of dismay by the U.S. and British governments. The drive by Britain for unanimity and a "second resolution" was effectively abandoned at that point.

In the leadup to the meeting, it became apparent that a majority of UNSC members would oppose any resolution leading to war. As a result, no such resolution was put to the Council

Then there's this:

The Bush administration commissioned the Iraq Survey Group to determine whether in fact any WMD existed in Iraq. After a year and half of meticulously combing through the country, the administration’s own inspectors reported[11]:

" While a small number of old, abandoned chemical munitions have been discovered, ISG judges that Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991. There are no credible Indications that Baghdad resumed production of chemical munitions thereafter, a policy ISG attributes to Baghdad’s desire to see sanctions lifted, or rendered ineffectual, or its fear of force against it should WMD be discovered."

So Saddam was bluffing so Iran wouldn't come and wreck Iraq. However, Dubya and his band decided to call, and thanks to him thousands of U.S troops are dead with billions and most likely trillions in the future wastefully spent.

Stop trying to revise history, especially on the internet when the truth is out there.

Last edited:
By far the biggest lie told by Hopey Changey is that we will be out of Iraq by 2011. He has endlessly hyped that lie from day one. We will be in Iraq for several decades to come. We will have military bases in Iraq for the foreseeable future. We are not leaving Iraq any more than we left South Korea. He simply went out there and told his sheep what they wanted to hear. That's why i said during the campaign that John McCain was far more honest about Iraq than Barack Obama was. McCain caught h*ll from the Obama-run MSM but he was just being honest. This lie will be exposed at some point but just don't expect it to be exposed by the Obama-run MSM. It's actually very sad.

US Labor Against the War : U.S. Troop Levels in Iraq to Outpace Afghanistan Through Most of 2010

The budget also reflects Obama’s decision to draw down U.S. forces in Iraq to only six “advisory and assistance brigades” by August 31, 2010, according to Gates. These are meant to be distinguished from combat brigades, but their makeup and size remain unclear.

The United States has pledged to withdraw all troops from Iraq by the end of 2011, under the bilateral status of forces agreement signed last year.

Why act like us having bases in Iraq or even a small amount of troops is a surprise? In the past 50 years, we've had troops in over 50 countries and bases in over 130 countries.

Dems loved Sheehan right up to the second she started getting on them for not ending the war when they took over congress in 2006.

Obama has shifted postions on Iraq, originally it was '90 days' and now it's chimp's plan.

They should just leave now.

Obama shifted position on Iraq before election day. He is keeping pace with what he said he was going to do.

Of course the left was going to end the daily "end the war" chant with their guy in office working to ending the war as opposed to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH who wouldn't budge on the issue. THAT'S a big reason why he was so despised.

Dems loved Sheehan right up to the second she started getting on them for not ending the war when they took over congress in 2006.

Obama has shifted positions on Iraq, originally it was '90 days' and now it's chimp's plan.

Obama shifted position on Iraq before election day. He is keeping pace with what he said he was going to do.

Of course the left was going to end the daily "end the war" chant with their guy in office working to ending the war as opposed to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH who wouldn't budge on the issue. THAT'S a big reason why he was so despised.

Which is to follow Bush and Petreaus' withdrawal plan.

Bush's plan was to have us out of the cities before 2010 and withdraw levels to those seen in Korea, japan, Germany by 2012/2013. Thats exactly what obama is doing, he hasn't changed US Iraq policy at all from what was planned when he took over.

Which I am happy about, he is doing it right instead of making a precipitous withdrawal.

Which I am happy about, he is doing it right instead of making a precipitous withdrawal.

And he should not make a "precipitous withdrawal" because...........:disbelief:

It would create an environment in Iraq that would get even more Iraqi civilians killed than already have been due to our operations there and possibly cause a collaps of the fragile government. Look to what happened after we left vietnam for an example from history.

Worst case scenerio is it would get so bad we would be called back in by the UN or Iraqis. Not acceptable to me. I think Obama's current actions in Iraq are on track as they are in line with the plan Petreaus put into effect at the request of Bush.

Obama has shifted positions on Iraq, originally it was '90 days' and now it's chimp's plan.

Bush's plan was to have us out of the cities before 2010 and withdraw levels to those seen in Korea, japan, Germany by 2012/2013. Thats exactly what obama is doing, he hasn't changed US Iraq policy at all from what was planned when he took over.

Which is a plan that we didn't hear about until LONG into the campaign season. If we were in an alternate universe where Bush were still POTUS and this election didn't happen we would still be hearing "no time tables" from the White House. Sorry, I'm not buying that this is what Bush would be doing if in office today.

But yes, as a whole, I'm happy that Obama changed his policy in Iraq from immediate withdrawal to this more timely exit.

Are we out of Iraq yet? How's the drug war in Afghanistan going? Are we attacking South America next Obama?

Are we out of Iraq yet? How's the drug war in Afghanistan going? Are we attacking South America next Obama?

Thanks for bringing it up Titanic! :clap2:

As of yesterday our troop strength dropped to pre invasion levels in Iraq and President Obama is keeping to his timetable for withdrawal.

He is also keeping to his promise to go after the REAL terrorists on Afghanistan and Pakistan capturing a key Taliban leader yesterday

Keep up the good work Mr President

:clap2:

If you would go back and check, you'll discover that during the campaign Dubya was against setting a withdrawal timeline. He said that it gave leverage to the enemy. Obama kept harping for a timeline even proposing one. That was killing McCain, who stuck to Dubya's theory that a timeline gave the advantage to AQ. To stop McCain from sinking in the polls, Dubya adopted Obama's timeline. If you dont' believe it, feel free to research it.

Forum List

Back