Are We Out of Iraq Yet Obama???

Titanic Sailor

Aug 31, 2009
I think the complete dismissal of Cindy Sheehan by Democrats clearly shows the hypocrisy of the left. It's a good education for all that back these Democrats, that they are no more than tools for obtaining power for rich, social elitists, and your views mean little to them.

I think the complete dismissal of Cindy Sheehan by Democrats clearly shows the hypocrisy of the left. It's a good education for all that back these Democrats, that they are no more than tools for obtaining power for rich, social elitists, and your views mean little to them.

Sheehan was dismissed by a majority of the left since she came on the scene. The few that did supporter took an even greater hit as her rhetoric became more and more inflammatory and honestly unhinged. There is no hypocrisy there.

Yup, sure. And the media left her cause in the dirt. So what was the inflammatory rhetoric that shifted the left from Sheehan, and how did she all of a sudden become unhinged in your view?

Sheehan was dismissed by a majority of the left since she came on the scene. The few that did supporter took an even greater hit as her rhetoric became more and more inflammatory and honestly unhinged. There is no hypocrisy there.

Sheehan may have been dismissed, but the rally cry of "End This War" was most certainly a daily utterance by most of the left...

Strangely, the call has gone into whisper mode since 1/20/2009....

A BHO groupie recently told me when I asked, "No one cares about the wars any more". My jaw dropped. And, she was deadly serious (not too bright, either).

Last edited:
I've spoken with Obama voters lately, and they are embarrassed now. They regret it, just like many regretted voting Bush. I just look them in the eye, and shake my head in disgust. Everything I warned them would happen is here.

Blue Dogs are still Democrats when it comes right down to it, so let's see how bad we get screwed on this healthcare deal. The real screwing will be the VAT. Watch that one.

Obama has stated that it would take a year or so to get all troops out of Iraq.

He also did promise to contribute more troops to Afghanistan. So his present course of his action comes to no surprise to those people who look beyond the sound bytes.

And before you cry "Obamabot Liberal!" I object to more troops in Afghanistan and do wish we'd get out of Iraq.

Obama has stated that it would take a year or so to get all troops out of Iraq.

He also did promise to contribute more troops to Afghanistan. So his present course of his action comes to no surprise to those people who look beyond the sound bytes.

And before you cry "Obamabot Liberal!" I object to more troops in Afghanistan and do wish we'd get out of Iraq.
Most of this is true, but the bigger picture here is the fact that the BHO groupies don't "use" the war rhetoric any longer.

The war was just a tool. Now that tool isn't needed because their guy is in.

Makes cred in the sincerity department non-existent.

I've spoken with Obama voters lately, and they are embarrassed now. They regret it, just like many regretted voting Bush. I just look them in the eye, and shake my head in disgust. Everything I warned them would happen is here.

Blue Dogs are still Democrats when it comes right down to it, so let's see how bad we get screwed on this healthcare deal. The real screwing will be the VAT. Watch that one.

While you can tell your little stories and act as if that is the general consensus, I can tell you right out that I would rather have Obama then McCain/Palin still.

The majority of Obama voters would agree with me as well. The amount of knowledge that McCain/Palin when it came to the financial crisis was slim to none. Heck, the biggest bashers of McCain when it came to the Economy weren't Democrats or Liberals but Romney supporters.

While at the moment, I am unhappy with Obama considering he is continuing many of the Bush era policies, etc, he is football fields better than McCain/Palin.

Obama should have just declared victory in Iraq and pulled out immediately.

The problem with that is, "victory" isn't in the far-left vocabulary when it comes to armed conflict.

Most of this is true, but the bigger picture here is the fact that the BHO groupies don't "use" the war rhetoric any longer.

If anything, Republicans used that as their tool as well. They use it as their tool now to try and say Obama is doing a bad job. So neither Democrats or Republicans are clean in this situation.

I am not surprised we are not out of Iraq yet and I am not surprised about the troop increases in Afghanistan since I actually took the time to listen this election unlike some. My problem with the idea of troop increases in Afghanistan is the rest of the world has committed little to none compared to us yet want to claim they are fighting terrorism. The other troops and NATO need to commit more troops, not us.

Though if you want my honest opinion, there is no way "victory" can be achieved in Afghanistan.

Dems loved Sheehan right up to the second she started getting on them for not ending the war when they took over congress in 2006.

Obama has shifted postions on Iraq, originally it was '90 days' and now it's chimp's plan.

They should just leave now.

Obama should have just declared victory in Iraq and pulled out immediately.

The problem with that is, "victory" isn't in the far-left vocabulary when it comes to armed conflict.

What a joke you are if you truly believe that.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | No victory in Iraq, says Petraeus

He said he did not know that he would ever use the word "victory": "This is not the sort of struggle where you take a hill, plant the flag and go home to a victory parade... it's not war with a simple slogan."

Dems loved Sheehan right up to the second she started getting on them for not ending the war when they took over congress in 2006.

Obama has shifted postions on Iraq, originally it was '90 days' and now it's chimp's plan.

They should just leave now.

Or better yet, never should of had been there in the first place. The Iraq War is one of the key reasons why the Republicans lost in the 2006 mid-term elections. Being the drum beaters to a war that ended up being started on a foundation of lies will do that to any party.

While I would like to see all of our troops leave Iraq tomorrow, realistically it would probably be difficult to impossible.

If anything, Republicans used that as their tool as well. They use it as their tool now to try and say Obama is doing a bad job. So neither Democrats or Republicans are clean in this situation.

I am not surprised we are not out of Iraq yet and I am not surprised about the troop increases in Afghanistan since I actually took the time to listen this election unlike some. My problem with the idea of troop increases in Afghanistan is the rest of the world has committed little to none compared to us yet want to claim they are fighting terrorism. The other troops and NATO need to commit more troops, not us.

Though if you want my honest opinion, there is no way "victory" can be achieved in Afghanistan.
True that the GOP also used it as a tool.

But still the bigger pic is the cred. The GOP still cares about the war, still discusses it, still gives it priority status as an issue (as much as an impotent minority can). The sincerity about this issue's importance is genuine.

Not so for the Dems.

Since the June pull back of US forces from Iraq cities, there have been 17 US casualties. The war is all but offcially over. All that is left is the logistics and the responsible clean up of Bush's mess.

True that the GOP also used it as a tool.

But still the bigger pic is the cred. The GOP still cares about the war, still discusses it, still gives it priority status as an issue (as much as an impotent minority can). The sincerity about this issue's importance is genuine.

Not so for the Dems.

:rofl: You actually think the GOP cares about the war. The only reason they still discuss it is to BASH OBAMA despite the fact that the majority of them voted for it.

There is no sincerity about this issue because Republicans avoided the issue of the Iraq War and tried to distance themselves as far from Bush in the 2006 mid-term elections and 2008 elections as if Bush had Swine Flu.

If you truly believe the GOP give a shit, then they definitely have you fooled. It is merely a talking point for them. As Willy has stated basically, the war has moved to Afghanistan.

As much as we'd all love to be out of Iraq tomorrow, all that is left is logistics and we're gone. It's Afghanistan we need to focus on now.

I've spoken with McCain/Palin voters lately, and they are embarrassed (and a little relieved too)now. They regret it, just like many regretted voting Bush. I just look them in the eye and shake my head in disgust (and a little relief).

See? We must run in different circles, you and I.

Blaming Iraq on Bush and GOP is more hypocrisy. They all voted for it, Democrats too, they all came out in droves against Saddam's WMD, and no votes on Iraq were ever close, whether on spending or the invasion. The only time Democrats ever opposed Bush seriously was with Terry Schiavo and SCHIPs. Other than that, Bush could always count on Dem support from day one to the last day of eight years.

The anti-war rhetoric and Obama's previous statements on withdrawal were all obvious lies. And the media's stance is truly enlightening.

I've gotten the same response from the Obama voters I know, I told them they would rue the day they voted that clown in, and I was right. As usual.

Forum List

Back