Are We Nearing The End Of The World?

Adam's Apple said:
In response to AJW, Bonnie's topic for this thread was "Are we nearing the end of the world"", not the end of time. Time, as you describe it, is known to Christians as eternity. There will be an "end" to Planet Earth (the world), according to the Bible, and that was in God's plan from the very beginning. Our existence here is temporary, and it was meant to be. Our future is in eternity.

In response to your two questions: (1) as a Christian, I do know where I was before I was conceived. I was a spirit being who was a child of God. The Bible tells us we are spiritual children of God the Father, and we are made in his image. (2) After I die, I will go to a holding place for spirits until the resurrection. This holding place will either be a place of peace and rest or a hellish experience, depending on what we have done here on earth. Read the story of Lazarus and the rich man in Luke 16.

I see you are a Christian who believes your bible LITERALLY instead of METAPHORICALLY. A Bible written and directed by a man named Paul of Tarsus and codified by some unknown authors called Mark, Matthew, Luke and John. Basically copied from the Old Testament, the early Roman mystery religion of Roman Mythraism and a touch of Gnosticism.

What I said was there is no planet earth and never has been in eternity. As far as your future, you are entitled to believe your New Testament any way you want. Your NT seems to say that only Christians or believers in Christ have an eternal future. That's very nice. For the rest of humanity also created like all humans even if there are no solid things in this dimension in which we assume we also live. In that same eternity or infinity which has always been and will continue eternally.

So you were a 'spirit child of Jesus' before you were conceived and after you die you will go to a holding place for spirits until the resurrection. Wow....

Good for you....

How LONG were you a spirit child of god Jesus? How LONG will you be in that holding place until the Resurrection (Rapture)? How LONG is TIME spent in these places and how many earth minutes do you think that was and will be?

Your NT tells you that you and the rest of the TRUE believers in Christ are to be SAVED. Do you think that G-d created everything just for you and your fellow believers in Christ? Does the universe revolve around you few believing Christ folks?

Do you believe in CREED instead of DEED for being saved as said by that Tarsian Paul?

AWJ: "How LONG were you a spirit child of god Jesus? How LONG will you be in that holding place until the Resurrection (Rapture)? How LONG is TIME spent in these places and how many earth minutes do you think that was and will be?

Your NT tells you that you and the rest of the TRUE believers in Christ are to be SAVED. Do you think that G-d created everything just for you and your fellow believers in Christ? Does the universe revolve around you few believing Christ folks?"

Responses: How long was I a spirit child? Until I had reached the point where I needed to come to earth and receive a physical body and gain experiences that I needed to enable me to continue to develop and progress in the eternities.

How long will departed spirits dwell in the holding place? Until our physical bodies are resurrected at the command of God.

The earth was created for everyone who dwells here--those who choose to do good and those who choose to do bad.

We are SAVED only if we repent and become free of sin as Jesus was. Overcoming our sins is not an easy process because it entails overcoming the "natural" man within us. What Jesus did for us made it possible for us to be forgiven of our sins. I believe the various commandments given to us in the Bible are eternal laws that even God lives by. He gave us the commandments so that by keeping them, we could get back to the place from whence we came.

ajwps said:
I see you are a Christian who believes your bible LITERALLY instead of METAPHORICALLY. A Bible written and directed by a man named Paul of Tarsus and codified by some unknown authors called Mark, Matthew, Luke and John. Basically copied from the Old Testament, the early Roman mystery religion of Roman Mythraism and a touch of Gnosticism.

What I said was there is no planet earth and never has been in eternity. As far as your future, you are entitled to believe your New Testament any way you want. Your NT seems to say that only Christians or believers in Christ have an eternal future. That's very nice. For the rest of humanity also created like all humans even if there are no solid things in this dimension in which we assume we also live. In that same eternity or infinity which has always been and will continue eternally.

So you were a 'spirit child of Jesus' before you were conceived and after you die you will go to a holding place for spirits until the resurrection. Wow....

Good for you....

How LONG were you a spirit child of god Jesus? How LONG will you be in that holding place until the Resurrection (Rapture)? How LONG is TIME spent in these places and how many earth minutes do you think that was and will be?

Your NT tells you that you and the rest of the TRUE believers in Christ are to be SAVED. Do you think that G-d created everything just for you and your fellow believers in Christ? Does the universe revolve around you few believing Christ folks?

Do you believe in CREED instead of DEED for being saved as said by that Tarsian Paul?

For one who is able to find anti-semitism lurking everywhere, I find your criticism to be hypocritical at the least.

dilloduck said:
For one who is able to find anti-semitism lurking everywhere, I find your criticism to be hypocritical at the least.

Dilloduck I just knew you would be able to find some anti-Christianism bias in my questions.

Apparently Adams Apple was able to give me coherent replies to my questions without finding any hyprocracy in my inquiry. Everybody has a right to their beliefs and if you read my post carefully, you will find that I do not presume error in his beliefs or anyone elses.

ajwps said:
Smug you say? Did I say that I know all the answers?

Did I say that there was no superior being that created this grand illusion for reasons of His own?

Knowledge, even in our limited finite mind, is a gift from that Creator. Get out of your box and understand that the Bible does not speak literally for generations on end, knowledge that has not yet been observed is meant to be understood by each person no matter in which century he lives.

If you are a Christian, then you must believe that your own god exists in a timeless dimension and for His creations may just as well live in that same dimension of which mankind now only begins to understand in a very superficial way.

I agree, and I apologize for implying you think you know all the answers. I think it's your writing style, more than anything. :D I say this because I believe I misunderstood you, and that could really be my fault, not yours. Yes, I believe God exists in a "timeless dimension" and that we only "begin to understand it in a very superficial way." There's no doubt God is timeless, and that our understanding of God is extremely limitted. We have problems understanding anything we can't see, taste, feel or smell. But we can't see many things that we know exist, such as "air." My dogs bark at what seems to me like absolutely nothing, because they smell and hear better than I do. Just because I can't smell or hear it doesn't mean it isn't there. So why do people have such a difficult time with the concept of God?

Cameron said:
why do people have such a difficult time with the concept of God?

Fear? Fear of the "unknown"? As you said, we are taught from childhood to feel, touch, smell, taste, see, hear, etc. So I guess that leads me to the true answer.... a loss of faith.

Cameron said:
I agree, and I apologize for implying you think you know all the answers. I think it's your writing style, more than anything. :D I say this because I believe I misunderstood you, and that could really be my fault, not yours. Yes, I believe God exists in a "timeless dimension" and that we only "begin to understand it in a very superficial way." There's no doubt God is timeless, and that our understanding of God is extremely limitted. We have problems understanding anything we can't see, taste, feel or smell. But we can't see many things that we know exist, such as "air." My dogs bark at what seems to me like absolutely nothing, because they smell and hear better than I do. Just because I can't smell or hear it doesn't mean it isn't there. So why do people have such a difficult time with the concept of God?

Sorry about my writing style that makes me sound like I have some superior knowledge. I don't....

All I said is that we humans have no way of knowing the ways of that watchmaker responsible for what we assume to be real.

You ask why people have such a difficult time with the concept of G-d. Probably because He decided that if we knew with certainty about the concept of a Creator, there would be no need to have free-will or choice to live a life or either good or evil.

No matter how much any of us thinks we know anything about what it is all about, the more we know nothing whatsoever.

How can something with definite limits of understanding things that are infinitely not understandable. Scientists, astrophysicists and philosophers try to explain THINGS but in the end can only use human intellect and our several senses to explain something that cannot be explained.

In my humble opinion, all is an illusion in a giant hologram within a timeless dimension created by an unknown Entity.

IMHO

Forum List

Back