Are We Nearing The End Of The World?

With the reestablishment of Israel, many have said that we are in the last 70-80 years of existence. If one counts 70-80 years from 1948 (the official beginning of Israel as a modern country) that puts you at about 2018-2028.
Other signs of the end include intolerance towards religion (especially Christianity) which is fairly prevelant throughout the Left worldwide and a worldwide government (the UN, anyone?).

I think it depends on if you're a Bible believer or not.

Joz said:
I think it depends on if you're a Bible believer or not.

The Bible's truthfulness doesn't depend on someone to believe it to make it true...

-Cp said:
The Bible's truthfulness doesn't depend on someone to believe it to make it true...

Agreed. So what's your point?

All I was saying is that I think if you believe what the Bible says, you already know the answer.

Bonnie said:
In light of all that is going on in the world, do you believe we are living in the last decade or century? Or has the world pendulum always swung back and forth?

We are definately approaching the end game. People tend to dwell on the death and destruction part. The Second Coming and the time proceeding it will be a time of hope for the Saints. the time when the Lord shall pour out His Spirit upon His people stronger than any time in history.

We may have some tough times, but these are the days to live in. time for the new greatest generation to arise:)

Give another few years for the uranium core theory to be proven or disproven. If it is true, then life on Earth may be finished soon as the evidence is the fission at the core is dying off, and without this the van-allen belts vanish and walla, the Earth is barren in a few years.

Before you laugh, there is some fairly convincing evidence for a uranium core (and some good counter-arguments), and it makes sense in explaining what happened to Mars.

Wade.

We are definately approaching the end game. People tend to dwell on the death and destruction part. The Second Coming and the time proceeding it will be a time of hope for the Saints. the time when the Lord shall pour out His Spirit upon His people stronger than any time in history.

We may have some tough times, but these are the days to live in. time for the new greatest generation to arise:)

But don't only about 2 million sons of Abraham get into heaven when this happens? Arn't these "His people"?

Bonnie said:
In light of all that is going on in the world, do you believe we are living in the last decade or century? Or has the world pendulum always swung back and forth?

Only if Dubbyuh is elected.

I think that the next U.S. president will have a large influence in the Mid east. Although its ultimately God's will that will be done, we here on Earth are just His tools / instruments.

Bonnie, in response to your question, the Holy Scriptures indicate that if we know the signs of the end times, we will know when the end is near. The Scriptures tell us that no one knows when the end of this earth will come, not even Christ, but we have been given signs to watch for to know that things are winding down. Many of these signs are in play now, but not all.

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
People have been wondering about this since people were able to wonder. There also have always been people who tried to say that it will end "soon" for thousands of years. The "world" as we now it changes all the time. The Roman Empire thought they were the "world" and thier way of life ended but the world went on. I think we are facing some critical challenges to our way of life but no one can offer any proof that human life will cease to exist on earth at any defined time. It will run it's own course in spite of man and when human life ceases to exist on earth, there will be no one around to say "I told ya so".
I just do the best I can to do what I believe to be the right things and try to stay out of the business of predicting the impossible. My final answer?
No one knows and if someone did, it would be of no benefit.

Dilloduck: "No one knows, and if someone did, it would be of no benefit."

It's true. Man will certainly not be in charge/control of the end-times events. If you are a Christian, all you can do is prepare by knowing the signs of the end times. At least, then you will know what is going on. Small comfort to some, but not to those who are looking forward to the return of Christ.

Adam's Apple said:
Dilloduck: "No one knows, and if someone did, it would be of no benefit."

It's true. Man will certainly not be in charge/control of the end-times events. If you are a Christian, all you can do is prepare by knowing the signs of the end times. At least, then you will know what is going on. Small comfort to some, but not to those who are looking forward to the return of Christ.

Shouldn't every person on earth be prepared to meet mortality daily ?

Adam's Apple said:
Absolutely. But Bonnie's thread was specifically about the end of the world.

So whats' the point of having this information? Even if one were able to get it, it's worthless.

Most people's interest in the "end of the world" is to know when this will happen and what are the events that will occur to bring it on. To Christians, the "end of the world" means the second coming of Christ and the end of this world as we know it. Christians look to the Scriptures for guidance on this topic. God did not leave us clueless about this matter. He gave us signs to look for regarding the "end times," i.e., the establishment of Israel as a nation, the emergence of the European Union, the weather acting in abnormal ways, pestilence (emergence of deadly diseases), beheadings, etc. There are more signs than these, but some of the major ones (the rise of the Antichrist, the foes of Israel surrounding it and having it on the ropes for the knockout punch) are not in play yet. There are many good books available that catalog more of the signs than I have touched on in this reply.

For those not of the Christian faith, all of this will mean nothing and is of no benefit. So you are right in that regard.

Adam's Apple said:
Most people's interest in the "end of the world" is to know when this will happen and what are the events that will occur to bring it on. To Christians, the "end of the world" means the second coming of Christ and the end of this world as we know it. Christians look to the Scriptures for guidance on this topic. God did not leave us clueless about this matter. He gave us signs to look for regarding the "end times," i.e., the establishment of Israel as a nation, the emergence of the European Union, the weather acting in abnormal ways, pestilence (emergence of deadly diseases), beheadings, etc. There are more signs than these, but some of the major ones (the rise of the Antichrist, the foes of Israel surrounding it and having it on the ropes for the knockout punch) are not in play yet. There are many good books available that catalog more of the signs than I have touched on in this reply.

For those not of the Christian faith, all of this will mean nothing and is of no benefit. So you are right in that regard.

With all due respect to the Christians, what benefit can it be to them to know the exact moment of the end? The "end" is a process that is constantly unfolding. If a Christian knew when the "end" was, would he do anything different with his life?

The Christian will not know when the end will come; the Bible tells us that. For Christians on the earth during the "end times", their only comfort is in knowing the signs so that they will know what is going on and will not be overcome with fright/terror by the events as they would be if they did not know the signs. The Bible tells us that in the "end times", events will be so bad that men will literally die of fear (heart attack?), so it definitely will be a benefit to know what is going on and that God is in charge. God will preach his own sermons in the end times. Those who do not understand the end times--lack of knowledge that they could have had--will curse God and die. I did not say those last five words; the Bible did. I interpret that language to mean that such people will be separated from God for eternity.

Would a Christian do anything different with his life if he knew when the end was? A Christian should change his life at the time he goes into the waters of baptism and not because he thinks the end is near. A Christian, or a non-Christian for that matter, can go to meet his Maker at any time, so s/he should live his life daily with that in mind and be prepared.

Adam's Apple said:
The Christian will not know when the end will come; the Bible tells us that. For Christians on the earth during the "end times", their only comfort is in knowing the signs so that they will know what is going on and will not be overcome with fright/terror by the events as they would be if they did not know the signs. The Bible tells us that in the "end times", events will be so bad that men will literally die of fear (heart attack?), so it definitely will be a benefit to know what is going on and that God is in charge. God will preach his own sermons in the end times. Those who do not understand the end times--lack of knowledge that they could have had--will curse God and die. I did not say those last five words; the Bible did. I interpret that language to mean that such people will be separated from God for eternity.

Would a Christian do anything different with his life if he knew when the end was? A Christian should change his life at the time he goes into the waters of baptism and not because he thinks the end is near. A Christian, or a non-Christian for that matter, can go to meet his Maker at any time, so s/he should live his life daily with that in mind and be prepared.

oh I get it--if you read and believe the Bible, you will not be afraid while everyone around you is dying horrible deaths because they did not listen to God. I can imagine that provides some people a certain amount of comfort . The ones that don't understand that nothing can separate a man's soul from eternity. This belief system REQUIRES that some people be better than others because somebody has to pay the price for your adherence to this dogma. If they don't, your efforts at being righteous would all be for naught. What a shock it would be to discover that everyone ended up forgiven,cleansed and together!

Forum List

Back