Are we losing our humanity?

Now on to luddly. I tip my hat to your concern for the less fortunate

Number one according to all the reports I have heard the children leaving Central America are leaving to escape a terrible economy and gang violence. They are not leaving to avoid sex traffickers and political criminals. Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador and are in the top six for the most murders in the world. But what is happening is parents are paying traffickers to transport them up to the us. The parents are putting the kids in the most jeopardy for human slavery, sex slavery, and loss of life. So let's agree that families are putting their children at risk in a premeditated effort to work the system in this country.

On this side of the border what we have is what I call compassionate anarchy. The churches, the politicians, and the families have sent word to these countries to send the children to the us. Liberals like you luddly are being counted on to to express so much compassion that all the laws pertaining to these illegal immigrants will be waived.

What is so disturbing to me is that we can't run our country on compassion, we have to run this country on the rule of law, and the rule of law has to apply to everyone. We have to insure our sovereignty, the integrity of our borders, and our national interest. You cannot have a country with open borders. In short, you are not going to be able to do good if you do not have a sovereign nation within which to do good.

Secondly luddly all resources are finite and so you have to prioritize. What if your aspiring son couldn't get a pell grant because all the money was used up flying immigrants all over the country. What if a cure for cancer is not found because the money for research had to be diverted to immigrant welfare. What if one illegal immigrant is carrying a cure less virus that kills thousands of people. What if we put the question of supporting all these. Immigrants to the voters, the legitimate voters, the citizens of this country and they said to send these people back where they came from, would you abide by the decision. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Obama and bleeding hearts may want to set up a world welfare agency in this country but that is not what America is about, nor should it be. America cannot absorb ALL the Worlds unfortunate. Those who would wish it so are waging a guerrilla war on our nation.

anti-homeless-spikes-installed-posh-london-neighborhood-spark-outrage.html

An anonymous resident of the residential complex told the Telegraph, that “there was a homeless man asleep there about six weeks ago. ‘Then about two weeks ago all of a sudden studs were put up outside. I presume it is to deter homeless people from sleeping there.”

However, London resident Nathan FitzPatrick tweeted after talking to locals outside the building that only one person could confirm homeless were sleeping there – and that was a woman and a child.

“It is a scandal that anyone should sleep on the streets in 21st century Britain. Yet over the last three years rough sleeping has risen steeply across the country and by a massive 75% in London. Behind these numbers are real people struggling with a lack of housing, cuts to benefits and cuts to homelessness services to help them rebuild their lives,” said Katharine Sacks-Jones, head of policy and campaigns at Crisis.

Local Londoners went to investigate and confirm the installation of spikes on Southwark Bridge Road. What is ironic is that part of the building where metal needles were installed is the office of the British School of Osteopathy – an alternative medicine school focused on healing through moving, stretching and massaging a person’s muscles and joints.

More at the link.

This is such a horrifying thing - that we humans could do this to each other. Instead of helping our fellow man, we want to make sure we don't have to look at him.

There are empty buildings every where but we can't use them because all we care about is money.

Gawd damn but that is just sad. Beyond sad.
It goes from beyond sad to Outrageous! Things should not be that way in this world. But the "almighty dollar" seems to be more important to so many, including the churches, most unfortunately, that you don't see even the church opening itself up to put people up for the night at least and then try to help them find their way in life as God would expect for them to do. Yet they purport to be so Christ-like. God is not mocked! It is despicable that in this day and age people who are down and out have to suffer how they do living in the world's richest country. That is simply not acceptable. Yet it is the Republicans, mainly, who always oppose helping the poor and always have to come out with stuff not fit to be put in a cesspool as to why they should not be helped. Just look at how they cut unemployment benefits that would help people continue to look for work. And look at how they've cut food stamps to a ridiculous new low. Consequently, many of those people did not have any more money to continue looking for work and buying gas for their car or having a little money to take a bus to go on interviews hence, many got sick in the process and guess what happened next? Being destitute and sick from not getting good nutrition they had to go to their local hospitals for treatment and it cost the counties and states good money to pay for that when it could have been a far simpler (and less costly) matter of simply extending those benefits which would eventually run out and then it would have been on them if they still had not found a job. But no, Republicans apparently preferred the alternative of having the citizens foot the bill on these poor folks who had to go to the hospital....and so they Did and will continue to do so thanks to the Republicans!

How many times a day do you have to step over homeless people to do what you need to do in your daily life?

How many times a day do you have people asking you for money?

How many times have you had a 'homeless' person act in a semi-threatening way towards you when you said you didn't have any money?

I'm just wondering.
How the heck am I supposed to know somebody is homeless?
I could stand on a street corner with a cardboard sign stating that I am a homeless (false) vet (true).
Their cardboard sign doesn't prove that they are homeless.

Immaterial. Politics isn't about truth. If a person has a sign saying he's homeless and needs food, he is automatically morally superior, and you are obligated to have pity and sympathy for his situation.

Likewise, I can feel obligated to ignore them. Not all people who say they are homeless are in fact homeless. Some will lie about being homeless to scam others out of money. That is why my city banned panhandling a few years ago. Generosity is optional, not mandatory. I get to choose to whom I wish to be generous to. Earlier this year, I gave a homeless man enough money to buy himself a cup of coffee. He was sitting in 15 degree weather waiting for the restaurant I was at to open. I felt pity for him and did what I thought was right. I took the cue from my Grandmother that he was genuine.

The point here is that I am not obligated to do one thing or another for a homeless person. I do it because I am moved by compassion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back