Are We Interacting With Bots? It Happened On Twitter.

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
Recently, I read that one American football player lost 350 K of his followers due to Twitter purging fake accounts. A NYT article reported on the booming business of the fake accounts through a company called Devumi. These sports celebs and other celebs pay the company to presumably to give the impression that their star power and influence is larger than it might be.

Ray Lewis loses 350K followers in Twitter purge of fake accounts

However, the story did not explain how these accounts were set up. Obviously, Devumi isn't going to reveal their dirty trade secrets, but I found another article which might explain how it was done -- through the use of bots.

The second article explains how to tell if you are talking with a bot. Missing an obvious joke and rapidly changing the subject are a couple of telltale traits. That said, they are also quite common among human users.

So, if someone starts to repeat themselves, changes the subject a lot and doesn't have a sense of humor they may just be a bot and fake user.

How to tell if you’re talking to a bot

images

Buuuuaaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Recently, I read that one American football player lost 350 K of his followers due to Twitter purging fake accounts. A NYT article reported on the booming business of the fake accounts through a company called Devumi. These sports celebs and other celebs pay the company to presumably to give the impression that their star power and influence is larger than it might be.

Ray Lewis loses 350K followers in Twitter purge of fake accounts

However, the story did not explain how these accounts were set up. Obviously, Devumi isn't going to reveal their dirty trade secrets, but I found another article which might explain how it was done -- through the use of bots.

The second article explains how to tell if you are talking with a bot. Missing an obvious joke and rapidly changing the subject are a couple of telltale traits. That said, they are also quite common among human users.

So, if someone starts to repeat themselves, changes the subject a lot and doesn't have a sense of humor they may just be a bot and fake user.

How to tell if you’re talking to a bot

Bzzzt . . . whirr . . . human . . . I'm . . . flesh and . . . bzzzzt . . . click . . . bone.

Haven't encountered one yet on-the-line. Good to know info, though.

Forum List

Back