are we heading towards a recession?

Weed pullers cite recession definition specifics while disregarding a continually contracting economy, the direct result of Obama energy policy. We have yet to recover from this Obama recession so heading into recession is not really possible.

Who says that the economy is 'continually contracting'? You can't even establish your 'effect'. Let alone factually establish your 'cause'.

Though be aware that we 'weed pullers' require actual evidence. Not simply right wing echo chamber assurances of what 'everybody knows'. As that shit is useless.
People have less and things cost more. That's about all that you need to know.

And how is that the 'economy contracting'. That's what I'd like to know. And you can't even rationally explain. Let alone provide evidence for.

Weed pulling infers getting caught up in the weeds of economic nomenclature while ignoring the first sentence of this post.

Or....you citing you means jack shit. I want evidence. Not your empty assurances and random labels like 'weed pullers'.

Show me. Don't tell me. For the second time...show me the evidence.

I take it that you're not used to actually having to back your claims up.
Why did you disregard my first sentence? People have less and things cost more. Hasn't changed in over six years.

I didn't. I quoted you and then asked you how that was the economy 'continually contracting'.

Please note: you still have no answer. You're still dodging the question. You still can't back up anything you've said.

Color me shocked.
People have less and things cost more. That is contraction.

Who says that the economy is 'continually contracting'? You can't even establish your 'effect'. Let alone factually establish your 'cause'.

Though be aware that we 'weed pullers' require actual evidence. Not simply right wing echo chamber assurances of what 'everybody knows'. As that shit is useless.

And how is that the 'economy contracting'. That's what I'd like to know. And you can't even rationally explain. Let alone provide evidence for.

Weed pulling infers getting caught up in the weeds of economic nomenclature while ignoring the first sentence of this post.

Or....you citing you means jack shit. I want evidence. Not your empty assurances and random labels like 'weed pullers'.

Why did you disregard my first sentence? People have less and things cost more. Hasn't changed in over six years.

I didn't. I quoted you and then asked you how that was the economy 'continually contracting'.

Please note: you still have no answer. You're still dodging the question. You still can't back up anything you've said.

Color me shocked.

Says who? And which people?

Remember, you citing you means jack shit. And so far, that's all you have.

Follow this through. If 'the people' have less...but the economy is still growing, what does that tell you? I'll give you a hint: 'the people' you're referring to isn't necessarily everyone.

Last edited:
The Federal government is pulling down record revenues. But, the Federal budget is also at a record high.

I'd agree that it's a concern that the baby boomers are retiring en masse. That's going to be a burden.

The burden of cost for Obamacare is shifting to the individual states. That will impact state budgets.

One job creator has been oil and gas. That's impacted heavily when gas is cheap and oil is under $60 a barrel. At the same time, wind and solar are also job growth markets.

The Federal government is pulling down record revenues. But, the Federal budget is also at a record high.

I'd agree that it's a concern that the baby boomers are retiring en masse. That's going to be a burden.

The burden of cost for Obamacare is shifting to the individual states. That will impact state budgets.

One job creator has been oil and gas. That's impacted heavily when gas is cheap and oil is under $60 a barrel. At the same time, wind and solar are also job growth markets.

Oil isn't below 60 a barrel.

Color me shocked.

Follow this through. If 'the people' have less...but the economy is still growing, what does that tell you? I'll give you a hint: 'the people' you're referring to isn't necessarily everyone.
Median income is down from 2009 and everything costs more. What is so hard to understand?

Color me shocked.

Median income is down from 2009 and everything costs more. What is so hard to understand?

The 'economy contracting' part. You still haven't established it. Let me see if I can help break this log jam.

Is income and wealth down for *everyone*? If no, who is it up for? And what relevance might that have to the fact that the economy is expanding...while median income is down?

Color me shocked.

The 'economy contracting' part. You still haven't established it. Let me see if I can help break this log jam.

Is income and wealth down for *everyone*? If no, who is it up for? And what relevance might that have to the fact that the economy is expanding...while median income is down?
The economy is not expanding when capital is shrinking. People have less and things cost more.

28 states are facing a budget shortfall. This could be because of excessive spending or a serious decline in revenue. If it is because of a decline in tax revenue it could signal the beginning of a recession (I wasn't sure we got out of the last one) since less tax revenue indicates less economic activity.

Any thoughts on this?

Headed for a recession like a runaway Amtrak train.

Okay, it's edged just above $60 since the last I checked. The point is the same. Shale drilling and deep sea drilling aren't attractive at that price.

Shale oil production is up. This before the oil 'edged up'.

Sure, they're not going to walk away from their investment. It'll take a while for shale production to react to low prices. But, don't you think low prices will weigh on future drilling? Don't you think low prices have an impact of future deep sea projects?

Color me shocked.

The economy is not expanding when capital is shrinking. People have less and things cost more.

Who says capital is shrinking?

And notice how you're fastidiously avoid any discussion of if 'the people' include everyone. Wages aren't down for everyone. They're wildly higher for the highest earners. Remember, median income is merely a dividing line between two groups: those in the upper half from the lower half.

Your premise is that wages are down for everyone. And that's simply not the case. And this is where your argument breaks. And I'm using the term' argument' loosely. As you have yet to factually establish anything you've typed. So I might more accurately call it 'that shit you said'.

Okay, it's edged just above $60 since the last I checked. The point is the same. Shale drilling and deep sea drilling aren't attractive at that price.

Shale oil production is up. This before the oil 'edged up'.

Sure, they're not going to walk away from their investment. It'll take a while for shale production to react to low prices. But, don't you think low prices will weigh on future drilling? Don't you think low prices have an impact of future deep sea projects?

So if shale oil production is up, oil prices have climbed 40% from their low, and oil company profits are up....

.....what possible relevance does shale oil have with an imaginary 'recession'?

BTW, the reason for the contraction is the bogus AGW scam energy policy of this hack president.

You do realize that oil production is up under Obama, yes? So even hypothetically, your argument is gibberish.

I take it you're not used to having to justify the shit you say. Because you're not very good at it.

And notice how you're fastidiously avoid any discussion of if 'the people' include everyone. Wages aren't down for everyone. They're wildly higher for the highest earners. Remember, median income is merely a dividing line between two groups: those in the upper half from the lower half.

Your premise is that wages are down for everyone. And that's simply not the case. And this is where your argument breaks. And I'm using the term' argument' loosely. As you have yet to factually establish anything you've typed. So I might more accurately call it 'that shit you said'.
Last time I checked the economy involves all, not just the poor and the rich.
You are dodging my points about less capital and higher prices. That results in a shrinking economy. Duh.

BTW, the reason for the contraction is the bogus AGW scam energy policy of this hack president.

You do realize that oil production is up under Obama, yes? So even hypothetically, your argument is gibberish.

I take it you're not used to having to justify the shit you say. Because you're not very good at it.
Another lefty who has to go down the gutter.
Obama has nothing to do with any oil production increase and everything to do with insufficient oil production increase. That's a major distinction that you're either obfuscating or misled and unaware of.
You're doing the Obama-excuse dance.

Last time I checked the economy involves all, not just the poor and the rich.

Last time I checked, the median income doesn't define the income of the rich. If the economy is growing, the income of the rich is growing, but the median income is falling....what does that tell us?

You are dodging my points about less capital and higher prices. That results in a shrinking economy. Duh.

And yet the economy isn't shrinking. Its growing. Meaning that somewhere in your 'points', you've missed something.

Not all the people have less. Some have far, far more.

With that in mind, try again. This time with something beyond you citing the shit you assume, but can't possibly back up.

What do you mean "are we heading into a recession?" We're already in one. Don't let the happy reports and good numbers fool you.
we have been in a recession since Reid/Pelosi collpased the banking system in 2007/08. we have never recovered. such bull chit that the left always claim that we are in recovery. right, thats like something with ten credit cards with a 0 balance in 2007, and 8 years later he owed 100,000 only cause he has been doing balance transfers for 6 years.

Forum List

Back