Are We Getting Jerked Around?

No, the 'left' would never use 'terror threats' right before election. :rolleyes:

'Credible But Not Specific' Threat of New Terrorist Attack - ABC News

'Credible But Not Specific' Threat of New Terrorist Attack
Officials in Europe, US on High Alert for Commando-Style Raids After Capture of Suspected German Terrorist
By RICHARD ESPOSITO, RHONDA SCHWARTZ, MATTHEW COLE and ANNA SCHECTER

Sept. 28, 2010 —

US and European officials said Tuesday they have detected a plot to carry out a major, coordinated series of commando-style terror attacks in Britain, France, Germany and possibly the United States.

A senior US official said that while there is a "credible" threat, no specific time or place is known. President Obama has been briefed about the threat, say senior US officials.

Intelligence and law enforcement authorities in the US and Europe said the threat information is based on the interrogation of a suspected German terrorist allegedly captured on his way to Europe in late summer and now being held at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.

US law enforcement officials say they have been told the terrorists were planning a series of "Mumbai-style" commando raids on what were termed "economic or soft" targets in the countries. Pakistani militants killed 173 people with guns and grenades during the 2008 attacks in Mumbai, India.

In testimony before Congress last week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said, "We are all seeing increased activity by a more diverse set of groups and a more diverse set of threats."

Officials in France have put the country on high alert for a terror attack and authorities in Paris shut down the Eiffel Tower for the second time in two weeks today after what was termed a "false alarm."

No bomb was found but officials in France are taking no chances, given what they believe is a very real threat...

You moonbat.

I'm off topic here but your worship of those 2 RB's from Carolina is just too much! I have both on my fantasy football team and they have done nothing, nothing all year. I would be ashamed to be posting with them affixed to my posts.

Trust me.. I'm as pissed as you are.

My Panthers are just... embarrassing right now. We have potential, but all we need right now is a QB.

But I'm a Panthers fan, no matter if they are the worst team or the best team.

Last edited:
Tom%20Tomorrow9-29.png

What do you think? Are we being played? Even after 9/11, I did not fear Muslims in America. I still don't....but I am trying to understand those who do.

Who is this "we" of whom you speak? I am certainly not being jerked around by right wing attempts to characterize Muslims as "the enemy." I suspect a number of well meaning but, shall we say, "impressionable" Americans are being influenced by this tripe. Twas ever thus - it's how Fox News makes its money.

Prior to 9/11, I didn't think of Muslims and make the connection of 'terrorism.' I did with bin Laden and his group, but that is a very different case. I do not fear Muslims, actually live in an area with a fairly heavy presence of Muslims, no problems.

However as I believe syrenn wrote, I do have more information regarding Muslim attitudes on general issues thanks to polling done since. I've known about the bare bones of Islam for over 40 years, the 5 pillars, the story of Muhammed, etc., but now understand Sharia better, along with Quran, Hadith and traditional proverbs. I find that I am more aware of the possibility of 'homegrown terrorists' coming from different psychological place than the OKC bomber and his ilk:

Power Line - The Anatomy of Evil
So, then.....instead of Tim McVeigh being considered a 'homegrown terrorist', he should be considered, what?......a U.S.-military-trained terrorist????? :eusa_eh:

a Point.

Whether the other side does it too on using fear as a political tool is of no significance to the opening post in this thread.

I assume you meant that in an affectionate manner, Tom Clancy. My question is, do you think politicians are dwelling on fears and anxieties to manipulate us?

Of course they are. They always have and always will.

There is no better justification for more government than protecting the public from the "enemy"

Haven't you ever wondered why the U.S. has been engaged in one war or another for most of the past century. What would politicians do if we actually had a protracted period of peace?

We have had several periods of peace.

Prior to 9/11, I didn't think of Muslims and make the connection of 'terrorism.' I did with bin Laden and his group, but that is a very different case. I do not fear Muslims, actually live in an area with a fairly heavy presence of Muslims, no problems.

However as I believe syrenn wrote, I do have more information regarding Muslim attitudes on general issues thanks to polling done since. I've known about the bare bones of Islam for over 40 years, the 5 pillars, the story of Muhammed, etc., but now understand Sharia better, along with Quran, Hadith and traditional proverbs. I find that I am more aware of the possibility of 'homegrown terrorists' coming from different psychological place than the OKC bomber and his ilk:

Power Line - The Anatomy of Evil

The Anatomy of Evil
September 29, 2010 Posted by John at 8:58 PM

I think it is safe to say that the number one evil in the world today is Islamic extremism. Today we got a glimpse into that world, courtesy of Faisal Shahzad. Do you remember him? He is the home-grown terrorist who tried to blow up a Nissan Pathfinder in Times Square. He failed, fortunately, like several of his brethren over the last year or two, and therefore faded from memory.

But he is about to be sentenced for the crimes to which he has enthusiastically pled guilty. Earlier today, the federal prosecutors filed their memorandum in support of the government's recommendation of a sentence of life imprisonment. You can read the whole thing here. The prosecutors made several excellent points. First, it is easy to ridicule a terrorist whose plan goes awry, but Shahzad's attempt was no joke. The government carried out a reconstruction of Shahzad's crime in which his detonators worked: "[T]he controlled detonation conducted by the JTTF demonstrated that those effects would have been devastating to the surrounding area." Nearby vehicles would have been blown up, and dozens of pedestrians would have been killed. Shahzad planned his attack to maximize pedestrian casualties, since it is easier to kill people on foot than in cars.

Second, Shahzad is a typical terrorist in that he is intelligent, well-educated, and economically secure. Those who blindly assume that poverty is the cause of terrorism aren't paying attention:...

I think the problem is that some people do not desire to learn, it is too easy to hate. How many times have you talked to people and they have closed minds. They have set their mind and nothing can change it. A lot of people will not take the time to understand another culture or religion, they get their education on CNN or from general conversation without doing any research. Some of the individuals here on this board are the same way, no research but plenty of hot air. When you take the time to get to know and understand people of different cultures, hatred is harder to generate.

...And, you picked CNN....rather-than FAUX Noise....why???

:eusa_eh:

Tom%20Tomorrow9-29.png

What do you think? Are we being played? Even after 9/11, I did not fear Muslims in America. I still don't....but I am trying to understand those who do.

Go ask those who refuse to speak up and condemn their treatment of women why they are afraid.

Go ask the editors of newspapers who refused to print the Danish cartoons why they are afraid.

Go ask the FBI who advised that young woman to change her name because of "Everybody draw Muhammad" why they are afraid.

Go ask those who worry about reprisals from the burning of Korans yet have no problem with the Army burning Bibles why they are afraid.

Go ask those who claim that anyone who opposes the GZM is an Islamaphobe why they are afraid.

Go ask those who condemn the US for waiting until the 1860s to eliminate slavery and say nothing about Saudi Arabia keeping the practice until the 1960s why they are afraid.

A phobia is an irrational, intense and persistent fear of certain situations, activities, things, animals, or people. I am not irrationally afraid of Muslims. My personal experience with them is that they are polite, and generally better citizens than I am. I am, however, afraid of Islam, because Islam is a political philosophy that promotes violence and oppression. That fear is rational, does not drive my actions, and only pops up when I am confronted by attempts to tell me I am being irrational.

I am pretty sure that means what I have is not a phobia.

Go ask those who condemn the US for waiting until the 1860s to eliminate slavery and say nothing about Saudi Arabia keeping the practice until the 1960s why they are afraid.

Umm Saudi Arabia is another country.
I got nuthin to do with how they run things over there.

a Point.

Whether the other side does it too on using fear as a political tool is of no significance to the opening post in this thread.

So, Obama using the threat of terrorism to justify Guantanamo is a clam and rationed argument, but Bush doing it is scare tactics.

:eusa_whistle:

Umm Saudi Arabia is another country.
I got nuthin to do with how they run things over there.

Thank you.

Slavery is only bad if Americans do it, everyone else can do whatever they want. Not only are they another country, they are peace loving Muslims, and I am afraid to offend them because they might resort to violence.

a Point.

So, Obama using the threat of terrorism to justify Guantanamo is a clam and rationed argument, but Bush doing it is scare tactics.

:eusa_whistle:

I thought I had clearly defined my point? Did anyone else read it the way QW did? Not sure how it was read actually.

Pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. These events are actual events from history. They really happened! Do you remember? HERE'S THE TEST that was given many times before:

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:

a. Superman
b. Jay Leno
c. Harry Potter
d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by :

a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. The Smurfs
b. Davey Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham

NOW OUR COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF IS TELLING US THAT THE YOUNG MUSLIM THAT ATTEMPTED TO BLOW UP A NORTHWEST/DELTA JET AS IT APPROACHED DETROIT ON CHRISTMAS DAY WAS, "AN ISOLATED INCIDENT." YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

DON'T PISS ON MY LEG AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING.....have you ever heard that expression ?

Get the message you idiotic Obamarrhodal LIEbturd Crunt ????

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

FOOT NOTE: Fort Hood Texas, another Muslim 39 years old killed 13 people and wounded 30 some odd others.

Mad Madeline, you ask if we are being jerked around regarding the Islamofascist swine ?????

I hope that even an flaming idiot like you have heard of SHARIAH !!!!

As for this fucking FASCISTIC SHARIAH LAW ......

YOU KNOW IT'S FASCISTIC DONCHA ?!?!?

DIDN'T YOU SEE THE VIDEO TAPES ON THIS FUCKING ISLAM and SHARIAH ?????

An Obamarrhoidal Liebturd Idiot like you probably can't even conceive of the possibility of it happening here.

Why not ????

Shariah woulda been here A YEAR AGO if it was left for twerps like you to do anything about it !!!

Betcha the idiots in the Scandinavian countries thought (to their regret) that it wouldn't happen in their country......BUT IT DID !!! Because of idiots like you !!!

ENGLAND !!!

Now, who woulda thunk that ENGLAND, one of the supposedly rational, freedom loving people woulda allowed this FUCKING SHARIAH TRAVESTY to plague them ?????

BUT IT HAS......DIDN'T IT ??????

America ????

Well, we ALL know the answer to that.....don't we ?????

Left to you LIEberrhoid Arseholes we woulda been governed by that Fascistic Dogma a year ago !!!

ARE YOU REALLY SO FUCKING BRAINWASHED BY THE OBAMARRHOIDAL LIEBTURD SHITBAGS THAT YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF REALIZING THAT THESE ISLAMIC WHACKJOBS ARE OUR ENEMY ????

ARE YOU AWARE OF THE VICTORY MOSQUE......AND THE SUPPOSEDLY "PEACEFUL" MUSLIMS USING OUR CONSTITUTION TO DEFECATE ON US ?????

Obviously, we can't do anything to disallow them to shit on us......BUT DO YOU LIKE IT ?????

Apparently, you do.....

Their shit is cascading down your fucking head and body.....YOU ARE DROWNING IN THEIR SHIT !!!

And....you are asking if we are being jerked around regarding these fucking "peaceful" muslims ????

You are one stupid crunt......

And, you are fucking hopeless.

Unfortunately, there are many Obamarrhoidal Liebturds just like you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back